Allen Iverson's FG % to go up...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by MVPlaya, Dec 12, 2003.

1. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Answer:</div><div class="quote_post">Im not eveing arguing on such a rediculous topic. Height-FG%. No effect on each other.</div>
    Man first off the topic was sometihn different until you put out some ignorant statement.

Look, if Earl Boykins had to do what Iverson does, you think he would shoot 50%?

I'm not sayin Iverson shoots the best, I think thats what you are intendin, and I should have cleared it up earlier.

Iverson does not have the best shot in the world and he should practice on it, but its "good". Its just not great, its better than 40% tho. 40% is kinda low, and thats not the type of shot he has.

2. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sandman:</div><div class="quote_post">ok, you want to be serious? I can go there.

You want to be a mod, and this is the way you act? This is a complete joke and the reason why you won't ever be a mod here.

Plain and simple, you are terrible.

You might as well pack your bags and hit some other board. Want some links? IM me, I would be glad to refer you to some other board so you can be their head case.

I will thank you though, I did change my name, and you still call me the King, thanks again.

<font size="1"><font color="Red">(anyone edit this and die)</font></font></div>
    lol to tell you the truth, I really don't care what you say...

And its funny as hell, you basically just said, "I HATE MVPLAYA, I'M GONNA DO ANYTHING TO GET HIM OUT OF HERE"

You know why?

You said I'm never gonna be a mod... so pack your bags and leave. Wait, what does being a mod have anythin to do with posting? The object of posting here isn't to be a mod. Wow you left yourself WIDE OPEN...

Its been proved: You a hatin against me.

3. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

Once again an off topic arguement. How could AI's FG% lead to Earl Boykins having to shoot the way Iverson does. And what ignorant statement did I make? Huh? Im simply saying anyone of any height can get the shots from talent. Just because Earl is lower than 6'0 and would have to take as many shots as Allen, doesnt mean he would miss any because he has a low height! Jeez where are you going?

4. MVPlaya

lol, Shooting over defenders???
    Creating a shot?

If kobe is open for .5 a second he can take it, but Earl or someone with a small height has a much smaller height advantage.

Look, i'm not sayin that Iverson has a great shot, just that its harder for him to show what kind of shot he really has.

5. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">just that its harder for him to show what kind of shot he really has.</div>

Were never going to find out, because he's not growing, so why argue about it? Save yourself some time.

6. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Were never going to find out, because he's not growing, so why argue about it? Save yourself some time.</div>
    what are you talkin about? its not the point

I'm tryin to prove that height-FG% can have an effect.

7. Purple N Gold

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">what are you talkin about? its not the point

I'm tryin to prove that height-FG% can have an effect.</div>

So your blamming his height on his bad FG%? This is a bad arguement, height-FG% do not have affect, unless your comparing AI to a 7'0 footer, because 6'6 guys and up are taking the same kind of shots as Iverson, and your trying to say they have an advantage? That's ridiculious, sounds to me like your trying to protect Iverson, you have been [​IMG] in your favorite teams forum, in a topic with your favorite player. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Iverson does not have the best shot in the world and he should practice on it, but its "good". Its just not great, its better than 40% tho. 40% is kinda low, and thats not the type of shot he has.</div>

We can sit up and name all the point guards in the league and say "He has a way better shot than what it looks, IF he was taller it would be a lot better." That's not the way it works, how do you know Iverson's shot is good enough to shoot above 40%? You go to the Sixers workouts and see him nail shots all day right? Yes, he has shot 46% which is his career best, but other than that it's been in the 41%, 42%, and he is only a career 41% shooter, so how are you going to say his shot is better than what his % shows. Rather when G-Rob is back or not, that is not going to change AI, he's still going to sling up everytime he wants, and I can't blame him for that. But don't sit up and make excuses for his bad %.

8. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

LMAO, that's mod material for ya.

9. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

You guys honesly dont think that height has any affect on fg%? I don't think that MVPlaya was owned at all, his point was valid. Iverson has to get his shot off fast, and relies solely on juking his opponent or coming off of a screen. Guys like Kobe and Tmac can shoot it in their opponent's eye and still make it, with no worries of getting their ish swatted.

Furthermore, when he takes it to the hole AI has to pull some acrobatic move nearly every time. To say that height has no affected on his fg% just shows that people are hating on the guy.

10. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Hating?

<font color="Red">Here at JBB we do not allow comments like that</font>

That is nitpicking when talking about how tall a player is and their FG% - what a reach.

And a joke.

John Stockton, Mark Price..we can go on and on talking about players that were as tall of even more shrt than Iverson that had great FG%'s.

<font color="Red">Personal attacks are not allowed, please read our guidelines. -TB76</font>

11. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

John Stockton had people to pass to, meaning that he wasn't the only one on his team seen as a scoring threat.

12. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">So your blamming his height on his bad FG%? This is a bad arguement, height-FG% do not have affect, unless your comparing AI to a 7'0 footer, because 6'6 guys and up are taking the same kind of shots as Iverson, and your trying to say they have an advantage? That's ridiculious, sounds to me like your trying to protect Iverson, you have been [​IMG] in your favorite teams forum, in a topic with your favorite player. [​IMG]

We can sit up and name all the point guards in the league and say "He has a way better shot than what it looks, IF he was taller it would be a lot better." That's not the way it works, how do you know Iverson's shot is good enough to shoot above 40%? You go to the Sixers workouts and see him nail shots all day right? Yes, he has shot 46% which is his career best, but other than that it's been in the 41%, 42%, and he is only a career 41% shooter, so how are you going to say his shot is better than what his % shows. Rather when G-Rob is back or not, that is not going to change AI, he's still going to sling up everytime he wants, and I can't blame him for that. But don't sit up and make excuses for his bad %.</div>

There isn't an excuse, he shoots a bad % and thats how its gonna be. ITs a great arguement...you come and here and try to increase the trouble, you have no clue what your talkin about in that long post, you wasted your time.

Look, if Iverson was 6'6, would he have to get his shot off as fast? would he have to have a huge arc on his shot when hes one on one with him? I think not.

Tell me this, honestly, do you think Earl Boykins can create his own shot on a constant basis and shoot them with a good %? Its almost the same deal with AI, even with his long arms, hes listed at 6 but people say hes around 5'11 or 5'11 and a half.

He has shot 46%, but look at how many points he avged, 22. His job and position in the NBA wasn't as great and high as it was today in the NBA. You can keep talkin all you want, but there are no great scorers without a good jump shot THESE days.

I'm gonna ask you again since its kinda hard to get this into your head, DO YOU THINK EARL BOYKINS CAN SHOOT A GOOD FG % IF HE HAD THE SAME JOB AS ALLEN IVERSON?

and don't bs me, cuz you know you just got [​IMG]

13. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sandman:</div><div class="quote_post">Hating?

Still mad at us for trashing your POTland Jailblazers?

That is nitpicking when talking about how tall a player is and their FG% - what a reach.

And a joke.

John Stockton, Mark Price..we can go on and on talking about players that were as tall of even more shrt than Iverson that had great FG%'s.

Maybe you need to blaze one, you have been really tense lately.</div>
    Stockton avged how many points in his career? 13? What do you expect???

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You can keep talkin all you want, but there are no great scorers without a good jump shot THESE days.</div>

How about Shaq, Zach Randolph, or LeBron?

In fairness to Iverson, he takes a lot of low percentage shots because he is often double or triple teamed. Defenses know he is the only true scorer on the team so they put the pressure on him to make ridiculous shots. Iverson is a great passer, but he does not have the confidence in his teammates to finish. Instead he has more faith that he can make a difficult shot, so he let's it fly. If Big Dog can comeback healthy and gain Iverson's confidence to pass him the rock off of double teams, you'll see a much higher shooting % from Iverson. I also see Iverson's teammates putting him in predicamentswhere he is forced to shoot 2 or 3 seconds before the shot clock goes off.

15. MVPlaya

Well to restate that, no great guard... or sf/pf without a good-decent one. What i'm tryin to say is you wo'nt find someone at kobe or t-mac's height shootin 30%.

As far as LeBron, I don't think he is at Kobe/T-mac's caliber at scoring yet...

other than that I agree with your post shape [​IMG]

16. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">

and don't bs me, cuz you know you just got [​IMG]</div>

Is that your only statement? God its getting old and even more pathetic.
    Oooo dissing someone in a message board, that shows a lot. [​IMG]

17. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Answer:</div><div class="quote_post">Is that your only statement? God its getting old and even more pathetic.
    Oooo dissing someone in a message board, that shows a lot. [​IMG]</div>
    Why do you single me out? Do you need me to quote for you?

Cuz last time I checked, I only said that twice. While others have said it as if this is what the thread is all about.

And the first time I said it, it was intendin to mock the other people...

Why need to change the subject anyways? Things were gettin cleared up.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What i'm tryin to say is you wo'nt find someone at kobe or t-mac's height shootin 30%.</div>

Jalen Rose 6-8 36.1%
    Carmelo Anthony 6-8 38.5%
    Vladimir Radmonovic 6-10 38.9%

These players are all as tall, if not taller than Kobe or T-Mac and they shoot in the 30% range.

I'm just trying to show, you shouldn't throw out statements like you are, or else you lose credibility with the rest of your post.

The bottomline is, there are a lot of variables affecting Iverson's FG%. His height, his teammates, his shot selection, his role on the team, his conditioning, etc.

19. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Jalen Rose 6-8 36.1%
    Carmelo Anthony 6-8 38.5%
    Vladimir Radmonovic 6-10 38.9%

These players are all as tall, if not taller than Kobe or T-Mac and they shoot in the 30% range.

I'm just trying to show, you shouldn't throw out statements like you are, or else you lose credibility with the rest of your post.

The bottomline is, there are a lot of variables affecting Iverson's FG%. His height, his teammates, his shot selection, his role on the team, his conditioning, etc.</div>

I understand but I'm tryin to say GREAT scorers, not just anybody. Yes there are alot to his FG% and I'm tryin to prove that height is one of them.

Rose, Anthony, Vlad aren't at Kobe T-mac, KG's level.

But you are right about all those factors affectin his FG% :thumbsup:

20. Purple N Gold

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">There isn't an excuse, he shoots a bad % and thats how its gonna be. ITs a great arguement...you come and here and try to increase the trouble, you have no clue what your talkin about in that long post, you wasted your time.

Look, if Iverson was 6'6, would he have to get his shot off as fast? would he have to have a huge arc on his shot when hes one on one with him? I think not.

Tell me this, honestly, do you think Earl Boykins can create his own shot on a constant basis and shoot them with a good %? Its almost the same deal with AI, even with his long arms, hes listed at 6 but people say hes around 5'11 or 5'11 and a half.

He has shot 46%, but look at how many points he avged, 22. His job and position in the NBA wasn't as great and high as it was today in the NBA. You can keep talkin all you want, but there are no great scorers without a good jump shot THESE days.

I'm gonna ask you again since its kinda hard to get this into your head, DO YOU THINK EARL BOYKINS CAN SHOOT A GOOD FG % IF HE HAD THE SAME JOB AS ALLEN IVERSON?

and don't bs me, cuz you know you just got [​IMG]</div>

First of all, why must you think you owned someone, because you feel your own opinion is good? I'm not here to fight with you and it's funny how you are going to critisize someones knowledge about the game, look this is JBB, people are here to post their opinion, sometimes you just need to realize the whole world isn't going to agree with you all the time [​IMG] But saying height-FG% matters is a bit of a stretch. This is an excuse, because when we were going at AI with his bad %, you brought up his height. So, how in the world do you know AI has a better shot than what his % says? About not having to get his shot off as fast if he as 6'6, as a Sixer fan YOU should know that he has actually has the quick release down, obviously he's worked on it, and that's the way it is. What are you trying to prove here exactly? This is a really bad excuse, height seems like the last thing you could bring up. Your talking this Earl Boytkins talk, about if he had the same job as AI he would shoot the same %, I'm suprised your making him the core of this arguement, obviously if Boytkins had the same job as Iverson he wouldn't be doing the same kind of scoring, not because of height, because AI is a way more talented player, MVP vs a guy who's been shuffled around the league, also your going to match up a guy who is 5'5 against someone who is 5'11 or 6'0, that's a big difference. You are proving me nothing right now, to make me re think the thought that Iverson's shot doesn't fall as much because he's only 6'0.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The bottomline is, there are a lot of variables affecting Iverson's FG%. His height, his teammates, his shot selection, his role on the team, his conditioning, etc.</div>

Exactly, your blamming his FG% all on height MVPlaya, and I know that because if you thought other things were affecting his FG%, you would have said it, it could have helped your case.