Allen To Be Traded In The Off-Season?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Vyper, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah well this trade is about Allen being dealt. If I was you guys I'll get Juwan Howard for Lewis and a PG or draft pick or cash or something.</div>

well it's a good thing you ain't a general manager of a team.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

T-Mac's trade value has dropped this year as his attitude and lack of leadership have shone through. Not saying Ray's a better player, but Orlando would be the more likely team to pull that trade straight up. Adding Lewis as well? C'mon man, first you think the Magic should be top ten in the power rankings, now this?

Ray is saying all the customary things for a guy going into the last year of a big deal. Sonic fans have no cause for concern - if he makes noises in the offseason about testing free-agency waters, then maybe the rumours can start. Until then, I'm not worried.

3. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

So an Allen and Mcgrady trade straight up would be normal? I don't think the Magic would ever ever do that.

4. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Me neither , anyways I've never said Magic should be in the top 10. I said 22 because they were/are playing better than all those other teams.

I could do a very good trade for 2 teams including Seattle just with a little research.I've been too busy and lasy to do that therefore I just try to come up with trades between Seattle and Orlando. I don't think I should be called a bad wannabe General Manager , after all Orlando wouldn't look to trade T-Mac or Howard with Seattle , since we could get good things from teams like the Minesota Timberwolves which have been interested on Juwan Howard since last season. T-Mac will defenetly give us a lot as well , he might not be a vocal leader but he is a great lead by example guy , franchise player almost unstopable and plays great defense. I could only name not more than 5 guys you could trade straight up for McGrady.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">So an Allen and Mcgrady trade straight up would be normal? I don't think the Magic would ever ever do that.</div>

Neither team would do that trade straight up. Orlando wouldn't trade a younger guy with so much talent, Seattle aren't gonna trade their franchise face for a guy who has serious issues with his attitude and ability to make a team better.

As talented as Tracy is, I don't think you can trade him if you're Orlando and get equal value back, not at the m oment anyway. He is currently in a bad light.

6. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">(T-Mac) is a great lead by example guy , franchise player almost unstopable and plays great defense. </div>
    The same great defender who sets the example for his team to place LAST in the league in defense? I will say this however: Tracy McGrady has the best perimeter defensive skills in the league. I kid you not. Too bad the only time he utilizes that skill is during a make-this-one-stop-or-lose situation.

7. jbbCourtVision

Neither team would do that trade?

Aside from personality issues, if Seattle would overlook this trade straight up for Allen then something is terribly wrong here. Don't get me wrong, Ray Allen is good but T-Mac is better (his personality aside).

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">Neither team would do that trade?

Aside from personality issues, if Seattle would overlook this trade straight up for Allen then something is terribly wrong here. Don't get me wrong, Ray Allen is good but T-Mac is better (his personality aside).</div>

I don't see how you can say 'aside from personality issues', because when talking about franchise players that is a major issue. The Sonics had enough problems with Gary Payton's attitude, and Ray has fit in seamlessly with the team. Unless T-Mac changes his attitude, I don't thin k Seattle would do this trade. There's more to a team structure than just talent, you have to look at players that fit in with what you're trying to do. I don't think McGrady would fit Seattle at all.

9. RiverspoonJones

RiverspoonJones JBB Sonic Death Monkey

If a club initiates a trade of a top 5 player, then they're not going to get equal value. The logic? Why would you trade a top 5 player if there wasn't a (bad) reason. McGrady isn't going to play playoff ball this season, the season where help supposedly arrived... I don't think he'd do any better out West.

10. jbbCourtVision

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see how you can say 'aside from personality issues', because when talking about franchise players that is a major issue. The Sonics had enough problems with Gary Payton's attitude, and Ray has fit in seamlessly with the team. Unless T-Mac changes his attitude, I don't thin k Seattle would do this trade. There's more to a team structure than just talent, you have to look at players that fit in with what you're trying to do. I don't think McGrady would fit Seattle at all.</div>

First of all Tracy Mcgrady has a bad attitude, but he's not that much of a monster. If its a Rasheed Wallace attitude I can agree, but Mcgrady has done nothing terribly wrong in my eyes.

Damn saying that you would not want TMac there is your opinion but IMO I would take an Allen for Mcgrady trade in a heartbeat.

11. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard07:</div><div class="quote_post">Theres no way they dont sign him, when you're dealing with a player of Allen's caliber you have to go all out. Trading wise there are no players at Ray's level of skill and fan friendliness that the Sonics could get.</div>
    What about Allen Iverson. I think the sixers will realize(sp?) that they will not win a title with Allen Iverson as the Cornerstone/Franchise. I think that this trade could actually happen. Their contracts are similar and they are about even when it comes talen wise. I don't think the deal would be just those two players thou. There would have to be some kind of other players in the deal or draft picks added. I can't think of any deal where it was just two superstars and no other players or draft picks. Seattle for instance seattle could add Brent Barry and the Sixers could add a future first round pick and either Kenny Thomas or Eric Snow.

Why the sonics would do this deal - He is one of the best scorers in the league, he may have the fastest first step in the league. If he was on the sonics i think they could start Ronald Murry at PG. Or even start Allen Iverson at PG but i don't know how that would work out because I don't know how much he would pass the ball to his teammates because to me he seems like a player like is middle of the road type of player when it comes to passing the ball to other teammates. I think that Rashard Lewis will be a All-star next year and will get 20 points per game also while getting 10 boards. Jerome James can still improve and I think he can average 2 blocks and 12 boards a game for us each and every single night. The future Draft picks helps a lot because if a player like Jerome James leaves during free agency then we can draft a new center.

PG- Ronald Murry
    SG- Allen Iverson
    SF- Rashard Lewis
    PF- Nick Colision(sp?) or a free agent pickup
    C-- Jerome James

Why would the sixers do this trade - why wouldn't they do this deal. Ray Allen is just as good as Allen Iverson is and he is more of a team player. Ray Allen can shoot with a defender in his face and still hit the jumper. Ray Allen is a good person, he wont skip practice for no reason, this is kinda like the Portlan Trailblazers trade where they trade for good people such as Theo Ratlif and Dan Dickau. If Brent Barry is added to the trade it make is even more of a good deal for the Sixers, even thou they loose a future draft pick i think that with these two players and the player they draft in the lottery that that wont be a top 15 pick. Of course they can always just make it top 20 or top 15 protected.

PG- Brent Barry
    SG- Ray Allen
    SF- John Salmons
    PF- G. Robinson
    C-- S. Dalembert

Before this deal could happen Ray Allen and Brent Barry would have to be resigned. I think the only thing holding this deal back would be the fact that Allen Iverson is PHILLY. he is the heart and soul of the team and the heart and soul of Philly.

I am back to posting on JBB. My Goal is to become a Mod!!!

12. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

so confused...we were talking about the trades...and trades ideas came up with names such as TMAC and AI? wth?...hm....

13. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

i tried to explain my idea about a Trade with the sixers as good as i can.

14. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I will keep Ray Allen over Tracy McGrady or Allen Iverson , thanks.

15. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

<--agrees...but remember that I'm kinda biased...

16. MoPete24

MoPete24 JBB JustBBall Member

What about Shard + Potapenko + Daniels for C-Web + 1st RD Pick?
    I think C-Web + Allen would own the west [​IMG]

17. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MoPete24:</div><div class="quote_post">What about Shard + Potapenko + Daniels for C-Web + 1st RD Pick?
    I think C-Web + Allen would own the west [​IMG]</div>
    I don't like that deal at all. I would rather keep the young small foward shard over the 35 year old Chris Webber. Sac-town wouldn't do that any way.

18. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Chris Webber is only just 31, and I would do that deal in a heartbeat normally. However, his health is always an issue , as are the off court issues.

19. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Webber is also injury prone though, i'm not too sure about it. But then again, i'm a biased Rashard fan...

20. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I would rather have Lewis over Webber any day.