Anaheim Hesitant Over SuperSonics

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by dtpxcore, Feb 3, 2006.

1. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Anaheim Hesitant Over SuperSonics
    From Times Staff and Wire Reports

February 3, 2006

The chairman of the company that runs the Anaheim Pond said Thursday that he thinks the Seattle SuperSonics are using Anaheim and other cities as leverage to negotiate a better arena deal.

"We're absolutely interested when they're serious about moving," said Mike Schulman, Anaheim Arena Management chairman. "I think they're thinking about being serious.

"Right now they've just trying to get a new deal."
    SuperSonic owner Howard Schultz said Wednesday he would consider moving or selling the team if the Washington Legislature doesn't set aside $200 million to build the team a new home or refurbish KeyArena.

The SuperSonics' lease ends in 2010. Schulman would not say when Pond officials last spoke with them.

"I think Seattle is getting more desperate," he said, referring to the NBA franchise. "They need a new arena."

Las Vegas, Norfolk, Va., Oklahoma City, Kansas City and San Jose were other cities mentioned by the team.</div>

Source

2. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

noooooooooooo. i love sonics in seattle. how could they leave us :'(!?

3. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

That would mean California would have 4 teams.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

There's no chance the Sonics move to Anaheim. Unofficially the Clippers are the adopted Anaheim basketball team, and they don't exactly have a loyal fan base.