Andray Blatche

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by CelticBalla32, Feb 21, 2007.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I was talking to Ming637 (or whatever the numbers are in his screen name), and he is trying to convince me that Andray Blatche is the next Kevin Garnett, and will be as good as him. After I was done laughing my ass off and calling him every name in the book, he said "tell that to Zards."

Well, Zards... you and Ming are both the 2 biggest idiots I have ever seen if you think that Blatche will ever be 10% of Kevin Garnett. Give me a break, I can't even believe this.

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Andray Blatche obviously won't get 20 and 10 numbers as long as the current roster is here, but honestly, put him on a team like Memphis, or Charlotte and give this man some time. He's the same guy who started out his rookie training camp in the f*cking hospital after being shot, limiting his rookie season.You don't need to bi*ch up just because I'm making a prediction not everybody would make. No one probably think Ben Wallace could be the player he is now not being drafted, and don't try to go against Andray Blatche using other player comparisons because every player's situation is different. Andray Blatche won't live up to his potential if he stays here in DC because it's obviously led by the big trio and they will lead this offense, and you also take the consideration with the player's coaches and teammates.

3. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Andray has been really stepping up in the absence of Jamison, but I don't think he'll ever be as good as Kevin Garnett. I see him having a very good basketball career, however. But 22 ppg, 12 rpg, and 5 apg is not something that you can immediately expect out of this kid. I can see the comparisons to KG though, he's tall and lanky just like KG was in his earlier years in the NBA. But the truth is, Blatche is a SF in a PF's body. He can certainly play PF, but his post moves need a long way to go. A better comparison for Blatche would probably be Rasheed Wallace, without the attitude and a slightly better rebounder.

4. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Ming, you have got to be kidding me. Garnett is still a top ten player in the league, easily, and a couple years ago, he was definitely top 5. He is an MVP player, a great scorer, great defender, great rebounder, great passer for a big man, and is great all around. I know Blatche has talent, but if he was that good, he would be playing more than he is right now. I have seen him play, and he is really athletic, and has alot of potential, but no way in hell he ever gets close to KG's status.

5. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Feb 21 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ming, you have got to be kidding me. Garnett is still a top ten player in the league, easily, and a couple years ago, he was definitely top 5. He is an MVP player, a great scorer, great defender, great rebounder, great passer for a big man, and is great all around. I know Blatche has talent, but if he was that good, he would be playing more than he is right now. I have seen him play, and he is really athletic, and has alot of potential, but no way in hell he ever gets close to KG's status.</div>What makes you say that? It's only his second year in the damn league! His first real rookie season with the incident last year, and he's still been stuck on the end of the bench until December. He has gotten a chance to start last sunday and since then he's been showing to me at least why he'll be as good as KG one day.I'm not disrespecting KG, I'm not blind to see that he is a top 10 player and everything, but just because we haven't heard this guy on sportscenter or this would be unlikely to happen, doesn't mean I can't make this prediction. Like I said before, no one expected Ben Wallace to win 2 rings and be the dominant player he is rightnow. You've seen him play before, but they weren't significant minutes as to last the minutes he gets starting since last Sunday.

6. Gilbertrod12

Gilbertrod12 BBW Member

andray will be a great player if you give him time.he wont be the next KG but he'll get alot of boards

7. MadsAndersen

MadsAndersen BBW Member

I think Blatche will be able to match Garnett's number's eventually, except when it comes to scoring. I just don't see Blatche doing 20+ a game, but he's shown that he can rebound like crazy in very limited minutes. He's a very good shot blocker also, and he can seriously pass the pall, too.

8. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Steve Blake will be better than Magic Johnson, everybody knows that.

9. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Feb 21 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What makes you say that? It's only his second year in the damn league! His first real rookie season with the incident last year, and he's still been stuck on the end of the bench until December. He has gotten a chance to start last sunday and since then he's been showing to me at least why he'll be as good as KG one day.I'm not disrespecting KG, I'm not blind to see that he is a top 10 player and everything, but just because we haven't heard this guy on sportscenter or this would be unlikely to happen, doesn't mean I can't make this prediction. Like I said before, no one expected Ben Wallace to win 2 rings and be the dominant player he is rightnow. You've seen him play before, but they weren't significant minutes as to last the minutes he gets starting since last Sunday.</div>Then what makes you predict that he will be that good if it is only his second year in the damn league? He has shown raw talent, and that is about it. He isnt getting that much playing time because he isnt good enough to play that big of a role yet. KG is one of the best players of this era. He is easily top 10 and maybe even top 5 over the last 6-8 years. Blatche has talent, but to say that he is going to be a top ten maybe top 5 player in the league (which is basically what you are saying) is flat out ludicrous. He has talent, but he isnt that good of a player, and especially not on KG's level. It is a joke to say that Blatche will even be remotley on the same level as KG.

10. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

This isn't something that'll be solved in 2 days, so it's something that we're gonna have to wait. It's easy to argue for something that's already been proven, than trying to argue that's not might gonna happen, but I think it will. I'm pretty sure all of you laughed at the guy who said Ben Wallace wouldn't be the player he is right now, even I have too.

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Blatche definitely has the potential to be the next KG. Plays exactly like him, except with better range (but not as good of a passer). Blatche was a projected top 3 pick in the draft when he was a juniior in high school, but then he got arrested like every day (similar to Caron Butler's early life -- and look at him now). If only the Wizards didn't have the worst coach in the league... Blatche would get minutes, Mason would get minutes, Taylor would get minutes, Etan Thomas would never play basketball again, Arenas would be benched if he sucks for consecutive games really bad, etc. But anyways, no doubt in my mind Blatche will be part of the Big Four next year, as the Wizards sign a white man that can shoot 3s and win the Finals in a few years.

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Agent Zero @ Mar 3 2007, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Blatche definitely has the potential to be the next KG. Plays exactly like him, except with better range (but not as good of a passer). Blatche was a projected top 3 pick in the draft when he was a juniior in high school, but then he got arrested like every day (similar to Caron Butler's early life -- and look at him now). If only the Wizards didn't have the worst coach in the league... Blatche would get minutes, Mason would get minutes, Taylor would get minutes, Etan Thomas would never play basketball again, Arenas would be benched if he sucks for consecutive games really bad, etc. But anyways, no doubt in my mind Blatche will be part of the Big Four next year, as the Wizards sign a white man that can shoot 3s and win the Finals in a few years.</div>
    [​IMG] If Arenas had a couple bad games, you'd bench him? Wow, I'm sure I speak for every Wizards fan in the world when I say "I'm glad you aren't coaching this team." Also, you'd play Roger Mason and Donnell Taylor, then bench Etan Thomas? [​IMG] Please explain your reasoning for that.

Also, Eddie Jordan is not the worst coach in the league, not even close. He's an excellent game planner. You want to talk about bad coaches? Look what team I support.

13. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Eddie Jordan is far from amazing but you guys gotta realize that the wizards bench is lacking which is why some strange people get good time. Also Roger/Blatche/Donnel are getting good minutes now. There are much worse coaches in the NBA than EJ.

14. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Other than being black, tall and talented, Blatche and Garnett have nothing in common, he obviously doesn't have near the potential of Garnett, or, dee dee dee he would have been a very high pick in the draft. He's a nice little package of talent but the Garnett comparison is ridiculous and baseless considering Zards/Ming can't even back up their statements/comparison. Some advice, don't compare this kid to a HOF...maybe look around and find something thats more logical. Yawn.

15. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Yeah, it's real easy to say he's trash right now, espicially that you can see into the future right? It's something you have to wait and see if he even has the opportunity to show it. You say we don't have the support to back up our statements, do you have the support that guarantees that he won't be a KG type player? Can you see in the future and tell me that right now? Did you think Ben Wallace would be the player he would be after his first season? And do you realize the careers guys like Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, and Chris Webber had after the Wizards let them go? You must feel so cool, acting all hard in a message board.Andray Blatche: 8 points, 4-4 from the floor, 7 boards, a block, an assist, and steal all in 14 minutes.

16. BrewCityBuck

I never said he was trash... [​IMG] Andray Blatche obviously has talent and can put up some numbers, I'm not doubting that, he's just never going to be like Kevin Garnett, like you said. You said he was the next KG, realized you were wrong, then backed down and said he has a similar game and now you bash all of us.

17. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Can I just let everyone know that I did not compare him to KG.. I compared him to Rasheed Wallace without the head issues. It's a fair comparison in my book.

18. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 4 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never said he was trash... [​IMG] Andray Blatche obviously has talent and can put up some numbers, I'm not doubting that, he's just never going to be like Kevin Garnett, like you said. You said he was the next KG, realized you were wrong, then backed down and said he has a similar game and now you bash all of us.</div>When the hell did I back down? I mentioned earlier that this topic wasn't going to be resolved overnight you idiot, then the topic was just went dead, until you brought it back up. You might as well say that you and Celticballer back down too then, if you gonna say I backed down. Do you have proof that I was realized I was wrong? Did I come in and say "yeah, I was wrong, BCB, your a god, I suck Celticballer's dick".

19. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Mar 4 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When the hell did I back down? I mentioned earlier that this topic wasn't going to be resolved overnight you idiot, then the topic was just went dead, until you brought it back up. You might as well say that you and Celticballer back down too then, if you gonna say I backed down. Do you have proof that I was realized I was wrong? Did I come in and say "yeah, I was wrong, BCB, your a god, I suck Celticballer's dick".</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Andray Blatche obviously won't get 20 and 10 numbers as long as the current roster is here, but honestly, put him on a team like Memphis, or Charlotte and give this man some time. He's the same guy who started out his rookie training camp in the f*cking hospital after being shot, limiting his rookie season.</div> Missed that part...my bad... But honestly, I have a hard time believing that all these NBA teams that watched him workout and play before the draft let a future KG slip to the 49th pick in the draft.

20. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 4 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Missed that part...my bad... But honestly, I have a hard time believing that all these NBA teams that watched him workout and play before the draft let a future KG slip to the 49th pick in the draft.</div>Well, I have a hard time believing all these NBA teams that have watched Ben Wallace workout and play before the draft let him undrafted. You can say the same about Mike Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Mehmet Okur, Carlos Boozer, Cuttino Mobley, Stephen Jackson, Steve Kerr, Rashard Lewis, Nick Van Exel, Anthony Mason, Jeff Hornacek, Toni Kukoc, Manu Ginobili, Mark Price and Dennis Rodman. I think it's safe to say these guys have turned out to be pathetic.