Andre Got Robbed!!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chuck:</div><div class="quote_post">No, it's called sportsmanship. Something about which you obviously know little.

I said I was rooting for AI too. I'm just not a crybaby.</div>

Nobody said that Nate sucked in the DC, he was sick, as SIXER FANS, we wanted our boy to win, so we have every right to be upset that Iggy lost. Yes, it's called being a fan.

Think a little more next time before you try to talk to me as if you're "above" me. Thank you.

EDIT: Wow, "Sjxer" Fans? Haha I need sleep.

2. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

And, after watching a clip of the contest, right before the dunk-off, the referee goes up to 'Dre and says "One dunk only, make or miss, you only get one dunk."

Granted, Iggy missed on his dunk too, but how are you going to have a rule, and not enforce it for both guys?

3. Chuck

Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody said that Nate sucked in the DC, he was sick, as SIXER FANS, we wanted our boy to win, so we have every right to be upset that Iggy lost. Yes, it's called being a fan.

Think a little more next time before you try to talk to me as if you're "above" me. Thank you.

EDIT: Wow, "Sjxer" Fans? Haha I need sleep.</div>
    Yeah, I bet you thought AI's first dunk was "sick" and really deserved a 45. [​IMG]

4. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Andre got robbed indeed. So did Hakeem Warrick. Warrick had some SICK dunks and yet the crowd didnt even react nor did the judges appreciate any of what he was doing. To correct what Best Kept Secret said, the judge originally held up a ten which would have resulted in another tie and then moments later put it back down and changed it to a 9. The way it all ended definitely made me cringe. Nate Robinson is crazy....

5. jbbBigMo763

I agree that Warrick's first dunk was underrated... he did the same thing J-Rich did in Philly a few years ago in the dunk contest. The only difference was that he didn't throw it in the air and then dunk it... and J-Rich got a 50 for it. Warrick should have got higher than a 44.

6. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    nate only won it coz he was small! s***! andre did new dunks with energy and he should have won it

7. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

How come Nate Robinson always is on my way? He hit the three pointer to beat us and I lost money.Now I lost money again thanks to him and the judges.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH NATE!
    I Hate Nate

8. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this but here is an idea.
    You get penalised 1 point for every 4 attempts you have per dunk.
    What nate did was ridiculous, i know his only 5'7 or wateva, but to have 13 attempts at a dunk is ludicris.
    I think this is fair, it gives dunkers a reasonable amount of attempts before they get penalised, and the penalty is only small. Although maybe a harsher penalty should apply. Maybe 4 attemps, then 1 point, thereafter 2 attempts per 1point taken off.

What do you guys reckon?

9. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BigMo763:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree that Warrick's first dunk was underrated... he did the same thing J-Rich did in Philly a few years ago in the dunk contest. The only difference was that he didn't throw it in the air and then dunk it... and J-Rich got a 50 for it. Warrick should have got higher than a 44.</div>

I have to agree with that. Everybody sort of forgot about Warrick and just wanted to see the Nate-Josh-Andre show. This is the only thing that Nate can win during his career so give him some credit. You have to remember he's playing for the Knicks guys [​IMG]

Iguodala > Nate

10. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Man I saw Iggy`s face when he thought he won and found Nate took it.

Oh well, I`m just hoping for a rematch.

EDIT: I just got done watching CSN`s segment on the contest. A couple of things were pointed out:

- Iggy thought he was robbed.

- He said he won`t return to the dunk contest.

- Barkley said Iggy won this contest.

11. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Soft Parade:</div><div class="quote_post">Man I saw Iggy`s face when he thought he won and found Nate took it.

Oh well, I`m just hoping for a rematch.

EDIT: I just got done watching CSN`s segment on the contest. A couple of things were pointed out:

- Iggy thought he was robbed.

- He said he won`t return to the dunk contest.

- Barkley said Iggy won this contest.</div>
    WHAT!? That sucks, now thanks to some bone head judges we'll never see Dre in the dunk contest again. I can't balme him much either, because if what happened to him happened to me I wouldn't want to dunk again either. He should come back for vengence though, and use Dr. J to help him. He should have used the Doc last night, but he went to Kobe for advice instead.

12. Chuck

Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">WHAT!? That sucks, now thanks to some bone head judges we'll never see Dre in the dunk contest again. I can't balme him much either, because if what happened to him happened to me I wouldn't want to dunk again either. He should come back for vengence though, and use Dr. J to help him. He should have used the Doc last night, but he went to Kobe for advice instead.</div>

Dammit, now I'm pissed. AI is one of my favorite young players, and I know he can top that dunk he did. I guess you can't blame him. [​IMG]

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^I think Dre was just frustrated, I would be. Personally, I don`t think we`ve seen the last of Iggy and the Dunk Contest.

14. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

I'd have like to see Iggy pull a Dr. J move and then sport his jersey similar to what Josh Smith did last year with Dominique.

Iggy was obviously robbed. Nate Robinsons only real impressive dunk was when he brought out Spudd Webb. Kenny Smith and Rudy T are two of the biggest douschebags that are Associated with the NBA right now.

15. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

after seeing what happened, i have no idea why anyone will want to join the contest next year. its a given that nate will win because of his height. all the judges will point his way

16. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Martin:</div><div class="quote_post">THANK YOU VERY MUCH NATE!
    I Hate Nate</div>
    i dont hate nate, i just hate the judges, especially rudy t who screwed me twice. lol. it wasnt nate's fault andre got robbed, it was rudy's.

17. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Hey BigMo don't sweat it. With the exception of Knicks fans, Rudy T and Kenny Smith everyone got your back. Even Michael Jackson, okay maybe not lol I'm sure you wouldn't want him to have your back literally speaking. But whatever it's evident that Iggy got robbed so don't waste your energy trying to explain it. Knicks fan knows Iguodala got robbed but of course they would never admit it. Just wait till the pregame show for the All-Star game and when they recap everything next week on pregame shows for games and so on. Chuck will speak his mind on this. IT WAS SO CLEAR that Iggy won. Argh! I still can't get over this.

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Dre would really make a statement if he came back next year and defended his title.

19. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

As long as Kenny or Rudy ain't judging it next year, Iggy should come back and clean house. Dr J and Jordan shouldv'e been judges.

20. jbbBigMo763

You know what guys, after watching the dunk contest three times last night on NBATV, I have realized that the case for Iguodala getting screwed is as strong as ever.

Right before the dunk-off, the referee told Iguodala "One dunk, make or miss, you only get one dunk." He said the same thing to Nate at center court before handing him the ball... and then I guess they changed the rules after Nate started missing.

The entire contest was rigged. It was very apparent, and I can't blame Knicks fans for supporting Nate. That's what fans do... and New York needs all the help it can get in winning anything.

Also, I wouldn't blame 'Dre for not participating again. Everybody in the arena knew he got robbed. I guarantee you that will be the discussion tonight on the pre-game show, and most of the sports shows tomorrow as well.