Andre Got Robbed!!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BigMo763:</div><div class="quote_post">You know what guys, after watching the dunk contest three times last night on NBATV, I have realized that the case for Iguodala getting screwed is as strong as ever.</div>

you watched it 3 more times? dang, you got guts

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The entire contest was rigged.</div>

obviously

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Also, I wouldn't blame 'Dre for not participating again. </div>

i wouldnt either. seriously now, think about it. who would want to be in the contest next year with nate defending his title? it'll be impossible to beat him. actually, who would want to participate ever again after knowing that the judges have personal favorites?

2. Super_Sixer_Fan

Super_Sixer_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Andre Iguodala Got Robbed.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Philly fans can probably take solace from the fact that Iggy's career won't be defined by a dunk contest. It would've been great if he won it, but he's gonna have a great future nonetheless.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I think you guys make too much of the dunk contest. It's great and all, but there's no reason to get all upset because of a dunk contest. Would you rather get screwed in the dunk contest or in the playoffs? I mean really, it's not all that serious. At least you know Iggy is a better dunker.

Not to rub it in, but just so you know, I was poppin' the criss yesterday [​IMG]

5. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Not to rub it in, but just so you know, I was poppin' the criss yesterday </div>
    Someone call the cops, we got underrage drinking!

6. DTownPistons313

DTownPistons313 BBW Member

Even though i don't like the sixers a whole lot

HE DID GET ROBBED

and, the only reason Nate got a 50 on the 1 with Spud Webb was because it was Spud

7. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Someone call the cops, we got underrage drinking!</div>

[​IMG]

8. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

lmao Nice sigs guys.

This contest was rigged from the start. They want Nate to be the next Spud. That's what my bud told me today, and it seems more and more like its true everytime I think about it.

9. Benvedis

Benvedis JBB JustBBall Member

Who cares? Why even have a dunk contest if the best dont contend? All it shows is whos the new dunking talent in the league. Until Kobe, Vince, Tmac, and Jrich compete again and Lebron for his first time, I dont care who wins the competition. I just watch to see whos throwin down the sickest. Last night should*ve ended in a tie or go another round. I blame the network, the NBA and the players who failed to put up a winning performance. AI had a chance to win but his behind the back wasnt that sick. If he did a more exciting dunk then, he wins hands down.

10. TheHighness

TheHighness JBB JustBBall Member

I think if AI would have done a different dunk he would have won but when I saw it I was like didn't he just do that dunk? I think even though Nate did take 14 attempts his dunk was much more difficult and more importantly it was original.

11. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">AI had a chance to win but his behind the back wasnt that sick. If he did a more exciting dunk then, he wins hands down.</div>
    He had a 50 on that I think, so its a moot point.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think if AI would have done a different dunk he would have won but when I saw it I was like didn't he just do that dunk? I think even though Nate did take 14 attempts his dunk was much more difficult and more importantly it was original.</div>
    Its was a freakin off the backboard half rock dunk. How's it original? People do off the backboard windmills regularly at dunk contests.

12. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheHighness:</div><div class="quote_post">I think if AI would have done a different dunk he would have won but when I saw it I was like didn't he just do that dunk? I think even though Nate did take 14 attempts his dunk was much more difficult and more importantly it was original.</div>

Just because he did some supid stuff between his legs and then threw it off the backboard doesn't make it good. He pratically did a simple dunk. And please do not reply to my post saying, well "look at his size". Guys who can't perform great dunks should not be in the contest, no matter their size.

13. TheHighness

TheHighness JBB JustBBall Member

Between both legs off the backboard windmill that IMO is a much tougher dunk than what Iggy did esspecially since is took him 14 times he had to be tired as hell. Don't get me wrong I think Iggy should have won but I don't think he won it on his last dunk (shouldn't have gone to a dunk off) If Iggy would have done something that he didn't show already like Nate did on his last dunk he would have won it hands down. I think he just thought he had it because Nates score wasn't that great but he really should have done something new.

14. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Who cares how tough it was, he wasn't effective and it took him way too long to do it.

15. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

The only tough part about Nate's dunk was twice between the legs which isn't a real big factor on the dunk.

16. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">The only tough part about Nate's dunk was twice between the legs which isn't a real big factor on the dunk.</div>

You can't dunk.

17. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm 5'11", and I was able to do all of the dunks Nate did (aside from the Spud dunk which was sick) before tearing my ACL.

And, the judges are not supposed to give a player extra points for something he does before the lob. They are to only judge the lob and the dunk itself. So, in previous years when a guy like Michael Finley does a cartwheel before his dunk, gets penalized, but now since it's a little guy he gets extra points for something between his legs before the lob?

Good win for Nate, but he did not deserve the trophy... I can only imagine how he feels when he hears his peers saying that.

Again, congratulations to Nate Robinson! Too bad for him that his career will be defined by a dunk contest that he did not deserve to win.

18. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BigMo763:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm 5'11", and I was able to do all of the dunks Nate did (aside from the Spud dunk which was sick) before tearing my ACL.

And, the judges are not supposed to give a player extra points for something he does before the lob. They are to only judge the lob and the dunk itself. So, in previous years when a guy like Michael Finley does a cartwheel before his dunk, gets penalized, but now since it's a little guy he gets extra points for something between his legs before the lob?

Good win for Nate, but he did not deserve the trophy... I can only imagine how he feels when he hears his peers saying that.

Again, congratulations to Nate Robinson! Too bad for him that his career will be defined by a dunk contest that he did not deserve to win.</div>

Yeh...I made a couple of 360 dunks in my day until I broke my ankel I'm only 5"9[​IMG]

To say Nate didn't put on a good show, makes you a hater, a crybaby, and very sexually frustrated to say something silly.

Nate won it, let it go man. Off the board between legs was great, Nate just keep on comning on with different dunks, each one of them got better, and more difficult, which was great. Who cares about dunk attempts, it took 5 -6 attempts for Iggy to do that off the back of the backboard with Iverson Dunk, and 3 times in his final dunk, not to mention others...there is no rule on dunk attempts, if there was alot of guys would of been eliminated, and it would have been boring.

Nate's dunk difficulity increased, while Andre's decreased, Nate came harder at the end.

Both had good competitions, its nothing to stress about. Its time to move on.

[​IMG]

19. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeh...I made a couple of 360 dunks in my day until I broke my ankel I'm only 5"9[​IMG]

To say Nate didn't put on a good show, makes you a hater, a crybaby, and very sexually frustrated to say something silly.

Nate won it, let it go man. Off the board between legs was great, Nate just keep on comning on with different dunks, each one of them got better, and more difficult, which was great. Who cares about dunk attempts, it took 5 -6 attempts for Iggy to do that off the back of the backboard with Iverson Dunk, and 3 times in his final dunk, not to mention others...there is no rule on dunk attempts, if there was alot of guys would of been eliminated, and it would have been boring.

Nate's dunk difficulity increased, while Andre's decreased, Nate came harder at the end.

Both had good competitions, its nothing to stress about. Its time to move on.

[​IMG]</div>

You are corny.

No it did not take Dre 5-6 dunk to get that behind the backboard dunk, it was completed on the second time. You don't even know what your talking about your just running your mouth and you think your bad. "Not to mention others", you are a joke the most attempts he took before he completed his dunk was two or three attempts. Shut up.

And then you have the nerve to quote a comment he made four days ago, you obviously "don't want to let it go" if you came back in here four days later. Shut up.

20. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">You are corny.

No it did not take Dre 5-6 dunk to get that behind the backboard dunk, it was completed on the second time. You don't even know what your talking about your just running your mouth and you think your bad. "Not to mention others", you are a joke the most attempts he took before he completed his dunk was two or three attempts. Shut up.

And then you have the nerve to quote a comment he made four days ago, you obviously "don't want to let it go" if you came back in here four days later. Shut up.</div>

[​IMG]

"Shut up" lol...are you going to break down now? Its an interenet forum, theres no need to display your sexual frustration or tell people who text on a forum to "shut up" its my fingers texting...I can't honestly get you this frustrated, there must be something going on with yourself....CONTROL YOURSELF BRO...keep it on a cool level, I'm with you here.

Help yourself, I'm here to habla basketball, not agrue with "Big" crybabies who display sexually frustrated post, like "shut up"

Agruing = for girls

[​IMG] [​IMG]