Andrews hurt at practice, Glover questions not answered...

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
  2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Who's benefit are you posting these threads for Targus? I know when someone gets hurt pretty much as soon as it happens so it isn't mine. BTW, Andrews has concussion symptoms. He'll be back practicing Monday. As far as Glover goes...who knows? That's a grade thing, but I think it will work out.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Well, the board doesn't exist for you, Tlong. I'm posting because this is a Beav message board. It's info on the Beavs that SOME may not know. Glad your'e so in the know, but don't knock me for posting, tough guy. I was informing mods I'd be an active poster on a Beav board LONG before it ever existed.

So chill... Don't take and make everything so personal. Grow some skin. Have some fun...

And if you're so in the know...

Why not share some insight into why Engus, your best pulling guard, was moved to TE. That's a big move. You've got a 6'5", 280# offensive guard, who played guard in 11/12 games and was probably one of your best pullers last year now at TE? How will he block fast DB's coming off the end? Is he capable of getting open against faster LB's? Is he a legit receiving threat or a liability that would allow defenses to shift? The Beavs were thin already at OG, now what? If Andrews has any lasting injuries, how does this impact the OG depth chart?

Share some of that knowlege you boast about...

What's going on with all these injuries? Didn't the Beavers just fire Graff (?) because of so many injuries and undiagnosed/untreated issues with players?
    What's up with Hardin? I don't think Reynold's is ready to replace Harin...do you? Even with Graff gone, the injuries continue. Doesn't this fall back on the HC? Have you seen a fall practice season littered with so many injuries? I haven't -- and I hate it.

Why are Brandon Bennett, Blake Harrah, Desmond Collins and Rudolf Fifita sitting out practice? Do you think Frahm will only be out four weeks with the torn miniscus? How can he be back in 2-4 weeks, as reported, when the mayo clinic says rehab can be up to 4-6 months? Was it a minor tear?

Cam Collins is back practicing, right? Reports say he's not running at full speed. Don't you think he's vital to the LB core? He's your only LB SR, right?

Why was Trosin not at practice?

Why is rivals calling Bennett, Harrah, D. Collins, Fifita, Thompson, Tyler Perry, Donell Welch, and Darryl Jackson the "Walking Wounded?"

What the heck is going on in Corvallis, Tlong? Why, Tlong? Why? WHY!?
    This crap sucks, Tlong. Why are our kids so unhealthy down there!?

4. mobes23

mobes23 Well-Known Member

Targus, the problem is that you're perceived as being on this forum as a duck fan primarily here to taunt. I'm not saying you can't change the perception, but it makes it not worth the while to talk about anything OSU with you.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Targus, don't make me report you to the mods! :lol:

6. Targus

Targus Suspended

That's fair...

Just a couple thoughts though, and hear me out. I've been a college football fan since the early 80's. I'm a Duck, first and foremost. Love the school and the program. Attended UO, but didn't graduate from there. Also support OSU. I loved the early 2000's when both programs were competitive on the national level.
    I understand why one would question my actual support of the Beavs, but like I said, I can't count all the games I've been to. I've had friends that played there, close friends with alums and donors, had sideline passes...

But, the Ducks come first. Always will. :)

There is a part of me that is grinding an axe for the crappy things Tlong has leveled against the Oregon program. So, yes, if we're being honest, there is some 'look at us, look at you' approach. BUT, I an genuinely concerned with the OSU program, all the injuries and what I perceive to be a lack of depth and so many unknowns coming into this season.

I like Riley. I think he's a great guy. Good for kids. But, I also think he is WAY soft and has lost some respect from the players. I think he has a staff around him that fail to exploit (bad word)/take advantage of the talent of the players. I often question the play calling.

Gotta run... Go Beavs, Get healthy.

7. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    The Beavs have some injury issues that is for sure. However, I don't believe they lack depth. There are a lot of talented football players in Corvallis these days. Our staff has had some question marks, but we've made some changes in the assistants. I believe the Beavs are on an upward trajectory. It may not materialize this season, but next season for sure. We shall see.

8. Targus

Targus Suspended

I agree. There are some very skilled younger players who need about two years to develop and mature. If OSU can settle down the injuries, I think they are competitive again in 2012-2013.

Sorry to say, I think 2011 is going to be a real disappointment. I've never seen a team hit with so many injuries to key players. I don't think you have the experience or depth to compete with Wis, Stan, Cal, UW, or UO and even if healthy, the talent just isn't at the level of other PacNW schools. I would not be surprised to see a 3 win season. Crappy, I know. I'm hopeful for 5.

Could be WAY off, but I think you open flat against Sac St and it sets the tone for the entire season. One of the problems with not being deep and having so many injuries is there is a continued domino effect, as players are asked to say on the field too long - and they become suspect to injury too. As they tire, they don't block as well, they miss reads and this puts a QB and RB at risk.

Sept 3 quickly approaching!