Another brilliant trade idea from me.

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Casual, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

RoboSwift and Johan Petro for...are you ready for this?

I'm not sure you're ready.

Deep breath.

Darko!!!!!!!!!!

[/half-serious]

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

They won't trade him and I'm not entirely sure why we do that either.

Weirdo.

3. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Horrible, horrible idea.

4. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Cause Darko has more potential than RoboSwift and Petro combined. I believe Darko could easily be one of the top centers in the NBA if he got his head on straight. What better place to do that than media purgatory in Seattle?

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

So again, why do Detroit do it?

They've invested a fair bit into him.

6. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">Cause Darko has more potential than RoboSwift and Petro combined. I believe Darko could easily be one of the top centers in the NBA if he got his head on straight. What better place to do that than media purgatory in Seattle?</div>

So besides him being the #2 pick, how would you know he has more potential??? For all intensive puposes, nobody has seen either of these guys play - so how you can say he would easily be one of the top centers in the NBA is beyond me, he definately hasn't given a single reason for anyone to believe this.

Not saying he won't someday, but its way to early to throw any kind of tag on him - not to mention Swift and Petro.

7. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M_Cage89:</div><div class="quote_post"> For all intensive puposes, nobody has seen either of these guys play </div>

It's "intents and purposes", and what about summer league? Garbage time? I've seen enough of Darko to know that he's immensely talented.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

If you have, one would assume the Pistons hierachy would have too, and then some.

9. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">It's "intents and purposes", and what about summer league? Garbage time? I've seen enough of Darko to know that he's immensely talented.</div>

Thanks for the english lesson - noted.

So you've seen enough of Darko through summer league and garbage time to say he "could easily be one of the top centers in the NBA"??? I'm impressed, considering he missed both the 2003 and 2004 summer leagues, didn't put up great #'s this summer, and has provided you with all of 8 games total in his NBA regular season career in which he played more than 10 minutes - and once scored in double digits.

Alot of his playing time issues are likely due to the fact that he's playing on a championship caliber team, but its ridiculous for you to assert anything beyond saying you saw some things you liked in the extremely limited amount of game time he's played in. My guess is you saw maybe one or two summer league games (if that), a couple of nationally televised blowouts in which he rolled out for 2-4 minutes, and read a bunch of hype on nbadraft.net.

He may have a breakout year in which he actually contributes, but I haven't seen it yet - and neither have you.

10. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

11. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

Id take Darko over them ahah.