Another ESPN Article: "Don't Tell Stotts This Can't Work"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Hey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Hey

Hey Active Member

Love that we're playing so well that it forces them to continue talking about us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...y-stotts-this-cant-work?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Portion of the article:
    Click the link to read Abbots' interview with Stotts where he responds to the critics.

What excites me the most is that this system and roster is built to last. Aldridge has never looked happier. Batum is locked up. Lillard is still on a rookie contract that will get extended. We have Matthews and Lopez for at least another two years and I have no doubt we'll find a way to keep them or find better replacements. Free agent 3pt shooters will have their eyes set on Portland as a destination now. Bench has nowhere to go but up.

Even if we don't win it all this year, we'll be legit contenders for the next 4-5 years.

2. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Super read! Thanks!

3. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Nice read for sure, I would say that D'Antoni's Suns and Adelmans Kings could have won the championship, especially the Kings who were a few horrible calls away from having a chance. Not exactly like those example prove our offense can't work. Another point is that we are winning in every way imaginable and beating teams like the Pacer and OKC at their own game. We've won fast and easy, slow and grind it out, beat up basketball, finesse, defensively, offensively and just about any other way I can think of. So back to the drawing board ESPN.

4. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

I love what he says about defense, repeatedly.

5. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...Stotts understands what it takes to be a champion, this much is true! This team is only going to improve on the defensive end. They already seem to have that proverbial "switch" when it's crunch time and defense matters most. Rip MF'ing City!

6. Blazer Fanatic

Blazer Fanatic Suspended

Abbot feeling it's safe to come out of the closet on his Portland ties? lol