Another game, another terribly coached game from Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 24, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

For starters, the dumb fuck keeps putting Strome out on the PP and he sucks. Second, he suddenly doesn't have Zibanejad on the left side on the PP, one timing it where he scored so many fucking goals last season. Now he has Panarin one timing it who sucks at it compared to Zibanejad. Again, Pitt players wide open in the high slot, which is what we see every team do vs. the Rangers. The only reason to play DeAngelo is to put him out on the first unit of the PP. Otherwise, he's useless. He stopped using DeAngelo on the first PP unit. Which is moronic.

Panarin and Zibanejad looked like they spent all off season fucking off, eating and drinking hoping they would get in shape after half the season. That's not on our retard coach.

2. kreidertime

This team fucking sucks. Quinn is definitely part of it. However, we seem to have some lazy bastards counting their money and not earning it. Trouba is a fucking moron which his decision making. Amazing we need a rookie to bail his ass out constantly.

3. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I agree with putting DeAngelo back on the 1st PP unit, that one is puzzling to me. But poor goaltending, and our best players not showing up so far is not on Quinn (has Kreider played yet?).

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced some of the vets are just viewing it as a bit of a b.s. season and are just basically practicing at 80%.

NYR Fan likes this.
  5. kreidertime

If Zibanejad isn't playing hurt, he's fucking fat. He looks heavy and slow to me. Panarin has his head up his ass. He's not skating. He doesn't look dangerous at all compared to last year. Di Giuseppe who I don't think much off has played so much harder than Zibanejad, Strome, Panarin and Kreider it's embarrassing. Shesterkin has had some fluke goals go in but he's not been great either.

6. Ranger71

Blackwell was basically the best player on the ice.

7. NYR Fan

I think Di G and Buch have been our best forwards. Followed by Chytil and Kakko. That says it all I think. All the guys you mentioned have been almost invisible.

8. kreidertime

It's been a long time since I started blowing off watching Rangers games but I'm getting close. Last time was when dickhead Renney was coaching. It's getting to that point. This assclown Quinn has no fucking clue what he's doing. Especially with young forwards.

9. NYR Fan

Same as Torts and AV right...LOL.

10. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I agree CK needs to be dropped down, he has been a nonfactor so far. The Rangers gave him a very generous contract to occupy a line spot which is basically all he's doing.

11. NYR Fan

Kreider concerns me. I was not a fan of re-signing him for what they gave him, 6.5 per for 7 years. It is WAY too early to say whether that will be a good signing or not, but I have seen nothing to change my opinion on his contract. He has been invisible again, which is his norm. Don't worry he'll have a very good stretch here soon and everyone will get excited. And then he'll disappear again. That's his whole career, and I don't know why it would change now as he gets older. Who he is.

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Not worried about kreids. The last 5 years except the one he was hurt he's averaged 25 goals a season with a couple of 28 seasons. He's still our best and one of the leagues best front net presences. He's become a good defensive player and plays on the PK now. Plenty of others to worry about on this team besides him. Biggest thing I see offensively on this team is way overpassing. Lafrenniere is kowtowing to the veterans and has passed up so many golden scoring chances I can't keep track anymore. As the big whistle used to yell shoot the puck alexi shoot the puck!

13. NYR Fan

I agree on Kreider, he will do what he usually does. Disappear, show up, etc. I was hoping he would outgrow that and maybe improve his game, but so far I am not sure that will be the case unfortunately.

As for Lafreniere, I agree which is why I think his best role for the time being may be 3rd line less pressure to get comfortable. Then elevate to the top 6/# 1 PP. Either way he'll be just fine. Needs to start shooting more, which I am sure he will.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  14. mrmel29

Chick, I think guys like KAKKO and lafrenniere with their skill sets need to play on the first 2 lines with players of similar skill sets or they can deteriorate a little playing with less skilled players. Both of them ha e played against men and despite them still being a bit physically immature yet both have good size. I also think once healthy assumingthey don’t trade for a 2c chytil should be our 2c playing with KAKKO and the breadman. Then the question is who drops to line 3 out of kreider and buch. As much as I hate our start I am ecstatic at the play of our #1 damn stud for 10 plays years to come the K’ANDRE monster. When this kid fills out a bit more physically mo one will be coming down his side of the ice.

15. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

While I agree that in order to develop these two they need to be getting as much ice time as possible. My issue with your statement is this...both of them, regardless of what line they play on in a given game are playing with line mates that are WAY MORE talented than any line mates they have had in the past. Making it to the NHL is a pipe dream for 99.999% of the people that play hockey. If you make it to the NHL you playing with the best on the planet.
    These guys are used to being the best player on the ice, now that they are in the NHL, they aren't. They are facing opponents that are exponentially better at the game.
    You are 100% right that for them to have success they need to play with line mates that complement their skills though. Unfortunately the Rangers don't have a Mario Lemieux to play with LaF and Kakko like Crosby had. It's going to be more difficult for these two to reach their potential not matter who they play with. But again, yes they need more ice time and they need to be playing with the top end talent on the team.

16. Ranger71

Chytil out 4-6 weeks.

17. mrmel29

Yep. GDI. Upper body injury. Probably something broken the way he got hit. Ok, let’s get Barron up here already andujar see what he looks like.

18. NYR Fan

I am very confused by your take mel, and here's why.

Lafreniere has been in the top 6 for 4.5 of 5 games this season. So what is your beef with Quinn there?

And Kakko has been playing with Chytil for 4.5 of 5 games (which you say you want). So again what is your beef with Quinn there?

Is the issue that Panarin isn't on the LW of the Chytil/Kakko line? Okay, it is fine you would prefer to see Panarin play with them, but is it really worthy of OMG Quinn is awful and should be fired now because he has Lafreniere in the top 6, he had Kakko paired with Chytil, but he didn't have Panarin with them? Seems like a bit much.

And you said you wanted Chytil and Kakko and Lafreniere to get PP time, and then when they were on the other night you knocked Quinn for having them out there. Seem a bit nit-picky if I am being honest.

19. NYR Fan

My guess is broken/fractured wrist for Chytil. Big blow for his growth, as he was really starting to step up, but also for the team. We already had C issues, now no Chytil leaves even a bigger hole/need there. And the top 9 gets real thin.

This could be one of those seasons if we don't turn it around soon. Take the year of growth/experience for the kids, get another top 5 pick, sell at the trade DL, and go in big this summer with a lot of money off the cap. That could be the path unless we turn it around pretty soon.

20. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

That is the path of this season. Youth gets experience and playing time. Hopefully avoid major injuries. Get ready for '21-'22. This team is not a playoff team given the current alignment and format. Finishing 5th or 6th is a successful year for this team. Bottom line.