Another NBA Player Facing Possible Jail Time

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by BC, Aug 28, 2003.

1. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Another NBA player facing jail time

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/6599997

The winner of the last dunk contest Jason Richardson was convicted of domestic violence charge after assualting his ex-girlfriend.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Roshonda Jacqmain testified Wednesday that Richardson, 22, pushed her so hard that she fell and struck her head against a wall, putting a large hole in it. The incident took place April 29 at Jacqmain's apartment, where Richardson had gone to pick up their 3-year-old daughter. </div>

This is becoming ridiculous, how many players have faced criminal charges in the last year and a half?

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

ok....NBA players need to get off their high horses and PAY ATTENTION...take the Mavericks for example...none of them are getting in trouble! Let's follow them and stay out of trouble/JAIL!

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The only thing that needs to happen is for one of these NBA players to get a jail sentence. They think that because they are NBA stars that they wont go to jail. I guarentee if some NBA player goes to jail for assault then the rest of them will wake up to the reality of the situation. These players need to get out of their dream worlds and wake up to reality.

It ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of some players.

4. txuonline

txuonline JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pchotsauce:</div><div class="quote_post">ok....NBA players need to get off their high horses and PAY ATTENTION...take the Mavericks for example...none of them are getting in trouble! Let's follow them and stay out of trouble/JAIL!</div>
    not only the mavs. also a lot of other teams like the pistons, the raptors, the spurs, the kings, the jazz, etc.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting txuonline:</div><div class="quote_post">not only the mavs. also a lot of other teams like the pistons, the raptors, the spurs, the kings, the jazz, etc.</div>

Jazz don't have any players to get in trouble [​IMG] Pistons and Spurs are good guys.....but i could of told you that :P

6. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

^i agree the spurs and pistons are good guys

7. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting txuonline:</div><div class="quote_post">not only the mavs. also a lot of other teams like the pistons, the raptors, the spurs, the kings, the jazz, etc.</div>

Kings? Ever heard of Chris Webber?

8. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">The only thing that needs to happen is for one of these NBA players to get a jail sentence. They think that because they are NBA stars that they wont go to jail. I guarentee if some NBA player goes to jail for assault then the rest of them will wake up to the reality of the situation. These players need to get out of their dream worlds and wake up to reality.

It ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of some players.</div>
    Haha. The stupidity doesn't surprise me. You're right though.. they'd probably come to their senses if one of them actually had a jail sentance.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pchotsauce:</div><div class="quote_post">ok....NBA players need to get off their high horses and PAY ATTENTION...take the Mavericks for example...none of them are getting in trouble! Let's follow them and stay out of trouble/JAIL!</div>
    Don't jinx it [​IMG]

9. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

You can't say players need to be more like players on my team, before this year did anyone expect Kobe would be in court?

10. Ice

Ice JBB Member

We really should make a thread of all the players who are facing jail time [​IMG]

11. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

He will get no jail time its not that serious as rape.IA year before had same **** and he had a gun and nothing happen to him.

12. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

if anything players today need to take a page form the old book of auerbach on show some "celtic pride". You dont have to play for boston but the celtics make a point of choosing players not just of good talent but of character and class. Upstanding citzens who care about their community and always give back to the cities that have given them so much

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">if anything players today need to take a page form the old book of auerbach on show some "celtic pride". You dont have to play for boston but the celtics make a point of choosing players not just of good talent but of character and class. Upstanding citzens who care about their community and always give back to the cities that have given them so much</div>

I agree 100%. I think some franchises still try to follow selecting players with talent and class. The Suns don't put up with any off court problems (one of the reasons Kidd was traded after he assaulted his wife), the Pistons, the Jazz, and the Spurs also promote a classy image with their players. I think a lot of the problems come from the sports agents and the player's union. The union makes it hard for the NBA to regulate against substance abuse and docking pay from a player for violating laws off the court. A $100,000 fine is really nothing to any of these players, and I think stiffer penalties need to be established in their contracts. Then of course, there are a lot of people out there trying to take advantage of an NBA player's star status and extort them. It's very tough to balance, but after this off-season there will definately be a meeting on how to handle this string of arrests.

14. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

this is terrible....and i bet hell get off ....i would have a opinion of jrich cause of his dunking but not any more

15. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWillTheFreak:</div><div class="quote_post">He will get no jail time its not that serious as rape.IA year before had same **** and he had a gun and nothing happen to him.</div>

They never proved he had a gun. First the guy accusing him said he had a gun, then some other guy that was there said that there wasn't any gun or that they weren't positive it was a gun. Their story changed so much that it's just hard to believe anything they said.

16. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

Players seem to thonk they are above everything. Whatever trouble they run into, they always seem to pay thier way out of.
    And what is the deal with some having more then one offense? Take Damon Stodamire for example. It has been reported atleast 3 times that he was arrested/detained for possesion, the most recent occurance a couple of months ago. I read a statement that he gave after his first arrest and he said that he was humbled and that this was something that he would just have to learn from. Apparently, he didn't.
    Not only do things like this make the players look bad, but the franchises as well.

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cross yo ova:</div><div class="quote_post">this is terrible....and i bet hell get off ....i would have a opinion of jrich cause of his dunking but not any more</div>

You are changing your opinion of him because of this? J-rich is not a bad guy...I think help bringing up a daughter proves this....It sounds what he did may of been done by mistake..but we don't really know...

18. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">You are changing your opinion of him because of this? J-rich is not a bad guy...I think help bringing up a daughter proves this....It sounds what he did may of been done by mistake..but we don't really know...</div>

my opinion is also changed of JRich, he may not be a bad guy but he is an idiot for shoving his wife....and we dont really know how well he brings up his daughter so that is of no relevance, lots of people have kids and raise them but they do a horrible job.

19. bbfan

bbfan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">You can't say players need to be more like players on my team, before this year did anyone expect Kobe would be in court?</div>
    I knew Kobe would end up doing something stupid because he was too often portrayed as such a "good guy". I knew from his trash talking that he actually was not. [​IMG]

20. jbbabc

jbbabc JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with Dexter. AT LEAST one NBA player needs to be thrown in jail to prove a point that millionaire sports player ARE NOT untouchable.