Another NBA Player Facing Possible Jail Time

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by BC, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">if anything players today need to take a page form the old book of auerbach on show some "celtic pride". You dont have to play for boston but the celtics make a point of choosing players not just of good talent but of character and class. Upstanding citzens who care about their community and always give back to the cities that have given them so much</div>

and do u consider Vin Baker one of those " class " citizens ?

2. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

Damon Stoudamire appeared in on Monday, facing misdemeanor counts of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, after being arrested July 3 at Tucson International Airport. His lawyers are trying to get him off by saying that he was not advised of his rights before speaking with police officers, and that the foilwrapped marijuana was inspected by officers illegally because they had no warrent. (he set off the metal detector) First of all, no warrent is needed for a search in the airport. The security screener said that he noticed something "protruding" from Stoudamire's right pant leg and shortly thereafter, the pot fell out. When he was asked what it was, he admitted to what was in it! I don't understand. He had it on him, said what is was. What is his problem? Wouldn't it save him more time and face, if he just took his punishment and got it over with? Should he deserve to get off? I personally think that he should have learned from the fisrt mishap a couple of years ago. Or perhaps, he should try and be alittle more descrete