Another poster was banned?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by maxiep, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

The best gift you guys could give me is to take advantage of some of the new things I'm trying to do for the forum. I was serious when in MM's thread this weekend I said I'm trying add a lot more exclusive and unique Blazer content and access to the forum. Things that other Blazer outlets are starting to take notice of. Casey Holdahl just tweeted to me that now the Oregonian is asking fans to submit questions to be asked Wesley Matthews. Really? The same thing with the very same player? I'm sure that next they will be doing a fan Q&A with Chris McGowan.

It's not fun banning and suspending people, editing and deleting posts. Actually it's kind of a grind. Doing it and then taking shit for it is... tiring. And while I'm venting MM took some shots at my childhood, personal life and me this weekend that hurt and crossed a line.

What people don't know is for every 1 thing you see Nate and I do as far as deleting posts or suspending people behind the scenes we are doing 3 or 4 things to make this forum better and more about the Blazers and basketball.

But I don't want to sound like I'm some martyr or saint, I've also a selfish and evil bastard. Full disclosure, the Blazers gave me two game worn player warm ups. Will Barton's and LaMarcus Aldridge's. I kept LMA's for myself.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    oldmangrouch likes this.
  2. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Ah Hem.. No need to break out the pitch forks and torches. These are their rules. I don't understand why you have to create a post complaining about it. It's not your call, ever.

Official Site Rules for SportsTwo
    SportsTwo is intended to be a fun community. Keep this in mind, as all of our rules are geared toward making it this way.

1.All posters with honorable intentions are welcome.
    2.This is a big site with a lot of members. You may not like every one of them. However, we expect everyone to at least respect each other.
    3.Respect the moderators, global moderators, producers, commissioners, admins, and other staff members of SportsTwo.
    4.Flame wars are not allowed. We do tolerate poking fun of one another in good fun, but hateful posts towards another poster are not allowed.
    5.Trash talk is allowed. It's one thing to call Portland's NBA team the "Jailblazers" and another to call their fans idiots. The former is allowed, the latter is not.
    6.SportsTwo is to be a work-friendly and family-friendly site. While there is no blanket rule on how to enforce this, it is completely the discretion of SportsTwo staff to enforce this rule and how to enforce it.
    7.Everyone is here to offer their opinions, so be prepared to have people disagree with your opinions. There is a difference between attacking someone's post (their opinion) and attacking the poster with the latter not allowed. The staff is here to monitor for such occurrences.
    8.Users who have multiple accounts will be publicly identified.
    9.We can't anticipate all of the things the staff may find unacceptable. Again, it is completely the discretion of SportsTwo staff to enforce any unwritten policies they deem fit, and you are expected to abide by these judgments.
    10.The staff is here to be of service any way we can. If you have questions or need help with anything, feel free to PM a mod, GM, Producer, Commissioner, or an Admin.
    11.We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.

3. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Bastard!

4. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

I second that. :)

5. SlyPokerDog

I don't mind. Many of you came from forums that had poor moderation. I'll always answer questions about why the hell I do what I do.

6. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Fuck you sly that sucks aids dick

7. SlyPokerDog

I agree! But the next batch of swag I get from the Blazers I promise I won't keep any for myself.

8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    It's cool. It saves us from having to "take up a collection" or whatever. More to the point, it saves me from having to contribute to it. :)

9. 3RA1N1AC

That's what you say now, but actions speak louder than words

10. SlyPokerDog

Muhahahahahaha!

If the Blazers offer a weekend giveaway on PA's yacht I'm also keeping that for myself.

11. 3RA1N1AC

Corruption in the inner workings of our oligarchy

"Then let them eat will Barton jerseys!"

12. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

No we do not - maybe you do, but I certainly am tired of the constant trolling. It makes me much less interested in spending time in these threads that get hijacked by idiots.

13. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Yeah, i find myself just scrolling past certain posters quite a bit these days.

14. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I don't think it is an age thing that people refer to as the problem. I see perfectly good, nice and mature people all of sudden start yelling at refs when a youth soccer game starts. They are so emotionally invested in their child and game that their emotion takes over the best of them and they are telling the refs how to do their job. Complaining about mods here reminds me of soccer moms yelling at the refs.

I would never want to be a ref at a youth soccer or football game and I would never want to be as mod in this forum.

15. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I've been an umpire for youth baseball plenty of times, and for the most part, they are very civil. I can probably count on one hand the number of encounters I've had with parents, and I've done it for 5 years.

Now, when I do High School/College/Semi-Pro ball, that shit is just crazy. I've had people yell expletives at me while I'm getting out of my plate gear... on mothers day. For 15 minutes solid. I've had to toss coaches out because they are dropping F bombs towards me on the field while in the huddle with their kids, as well.

Basketball is a different beast altogether.

16. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Football is the craziest, IMO. If you see parents wearing buttons with their kid's picture in a football uni . . . move away a few . . . miles? It's going to get ugly.

Basketball is bad because the parents are so close to the refs, but I have yet to experience soccer or football parents type rage at a youth basketball game.

17. SlyPokerDog

Check your PMs.

18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Football is a sport predicated on aggressive behavior. The parents get amped up, just like the kids.

19. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I could see that. I'll never be a football referee... mainly because I despise the sport.

20. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Check your PMS? How is that not misogynism?