Anthony Davis says he's frustrated with Pelicans' 0-4 start

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by truebluefan, Nov 2, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Anthony Davis is off to the best start of his young career, but the New Orleans Pelicans superstar acknowledged mounting frustrations after a loss to the Milwaukee Bucks dropped his team to 0-4 overall and 0-3 at home this season.

"Definitely frustrating," Davis said after Tuesday's 117-113 defeat. "We can't get a win. It's frustrating."

Davis finished with 35 points and 15 rebounds in the loss, pushing his season averages to 37 points and 13 rebounds per game, both career highs.

The 23-year-old's 148 total points are the most in NBA history through the first four games of the season by a player whose team lost all of those games, according to ESPN Stats and Information research.

"I'm frustrated, but I've got to find a solution," Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. "I can't be frustrated to the point of where I throw up my hands and not anything's going on. It's my job. That's why they hired me here. I've got to find a solution to our problems. I've got to find a solution to why we're turning the ball over. I've got to find a solution as to why we can't go into the game with a defensive plan and stick to it. It's very frustrating, yeah. But there have got to be solutions."

- See more at: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...strated-new-orleans-pelicans-0-4-start-season