Exclusive Anthony Davis Sweepstakes Entry: Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Jan 30, 2019.

1. lamlor

lamlor Well-Known Member

I love so many of the comments that mention not breaking up the core for him and that we are so close so why risk a one year stud who may walk. I wonder if Toronto fans thought that last year trading their best player for a possible one year rental? I don't know if they did, but I do know they aren't wondering that now. CJ is a 'B' star and Nurkic is a 'B-' star. AD is an almost impossible get of an 'A' player in Portland. Get him! But add to that and go all in even if it is for one year. And remind yourself that Paul George was suppose to be a one year rental in OKC on his way to LA so nothing is guaranteed. And while I am dreaming, add Klay and trade for PJ Tucker. :)

tester551, BBert, BonesJones and 2 others like this.
  2. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

After game 7 I said I wouldn’t want to trade CJ again. But here I am willing to give him up for AD.

I think we can get AD to stay with the culture dame and the organization has built. I think it’s worth it to risk it in Lillards prime. We need LA to spend all their cap this year in more than 1 year deals

BonesJones and Dougnsalem like this.
  3. SwissBlazer

SwissBlazer Well-Known Member

Do we have to give two of CJ-Nurk-Zach? Coun't me out. Zach will be way too good. Nurk is too valuable on and off the court. That leaves CJ which I could probably accept the idea of being traded. Even that I am not so sure. But if NeO gives away 2 of the 3, we are in the running. For sure.

4. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

zach will never get to AD level tho. If we could convince him to stay.....

5. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I'd rather root for a Blazers team that has both CJ and Nurk.

But it's tempting. AD is one of a very small group of players I'd consider losing either of those two for.

BonesJones and riverman like this.
  6. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Lmao. Davis has asked out. He doesn't have Dames trade value and he isn't untouchable like Dame since he asked for trade.

dviss1 likes this.
  7. BonesJones

CJ, Collins, Trent, 2020, 2022, 2024 1sts for Davis and Hill seems like our best bet.

8. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Trading CJ for him would basically be exact equivalent of Toronto trading DeRozan for Kawhi. Worst case scenario he walks and you get to do a full reset next season, while keeping a core of Dame, Nurkic and a bunch of young players we have under contract, with plenty of cap space to add to the roster (that'd still likely be a playoffs team). It's not even like we would be back to square one, we would still have a good team.

New Orleans could take that deal too. With Jrue and CJ they would have a playoffs ready backcourt, they don't need a true playmaker out there as Zion can do large chunk of playmaking.

9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

That's an overpay.

James lamphear and SwissBlazer like this.
  10. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I wonder if Toronto will try to get themselves involved. An offer of Siakam, VanVleet, Anunoby and a couple of picks should be tempting for New Orleans too. That could get Kawhi to stay, though if he doesn't and AD walks they are left without a team, basically. Masai Ujiri seems like the type of GM that likes to take a risk though.

BonesJones likes this.
  11. SwissBlazer

SwissBlazer Well-Known Member

Do you think only CJ in the Davis offer would be enough to beat the field ? I am sure either Nurk or Collins has to be involved. And that's where I would balk.

12. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Looking at what other teams can offer, I don't really know. CJ is more proven than any draft pick of course, and he's more proven than Ingram, Kuzma or Ball as well. He's possibly the best ready now player they can get in that deal, it all really depends on whether they are trying to build a winning team around Zion already this season or would prefer to invest in future (in which case Lakers will have the best offer, followed by the Knicks).

13. BonesJones

Eh, not really.

14. BonesJones

I feel lile they may make a move for Derozan instead. Wouldnt make mich sense but they may try and get him back.

15. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

I would prefer either CJ and the picks, or CJ and Nurk or Collins, but not both. If this falls apart, you might need those longer term picks. I still haven't seen many offers that would beat that for NO.

16. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

If healthy and engaged, a team with Dame and AD can get to the conference finals every year. That should be the baseline. If it takes CJ & Nurk to do it, you do it. Neil seems to have faith in Collins and he showed us something this playoff run. And then you hope Simons is a legit starter.

You put the right kinda pieces around that duo and luck into a Finals/Championship run. It's a no brainer.

BonesJones and dviss1 like this.
  17. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

CJ + Collins= Demar + Poeltl

Their final deal ended up being Demar + Poeltl + future protected pick for Leonard and Green.

The analog in our scenario is CJ + Collins + 2020 protected first for Moore + Davis.

dviss1 and GoBlazersGo like this.
  18. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    The Lakeres offer is pretty good but Ingrams health puts it in a real ?. If he was confirmed healthy it is a very tempting offer. Lonzo can be flipped for a 5-8 lottery pick or you can keep him and the #4 pick isn't anything to scoff at. The biggest problem with the Lakers offer is that Kuzma/Ingram you will have little time to see them play for you before you have some big $$ decisions to make.
    I think its a better offer then what we have unless we are offering up Collins and Simmons with Nurkic and CJ because I don't see CJ has a piece a rebuilding team wants except to flip again.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I like Ingram though the condition is definitely a huge issue. I have never thought much of Kuzma, it's entirely my opinion but I feel like he's been overhyped because of being in LA. He's an ok scorer, and streaky, but he's probably best served as your 7-8th guy. The Picks, The #4 could be alright. The Blazer offers including CJ well CJ is by far the best player of the bunch. He and Jrue could make a legit playoff contending backcourt, with Zion (assuming he pans out) they would have a pretty good core with fewer question marks.

hoopsjock likes this.
  20. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

Don't trade Jusuf Nurkic.
    Please.
    Thank You.

Dougnsalem, dviss1 and BBert like this.