Trade Anthony Davis trade ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SharpesTriumph, Nov 9, 2022.

1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Yeah list I had included the 1948 NBL title.

2. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

It was only a matter of time.

3. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Sure, if Dame wins it here as Dirk did in Dallas.

But if we sign Durant in the offseason and trade for Giannis how much would that title mean? Certainly much less IMO.

4. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

the problem with that list is many of the assets the Pels have already converted and not necessarily for the better. They could have had De'Andre Hunter, but they traded him away for essentially peanuts that included a 2nd round pick they were fortunate enough to use on Herbert Jones; Hunter is better though. They traded Lonzo Ball for Garret Temple, Satoransky, and a 2nd. Temple had a DNP-CD last night; so did Dyson Daniels

they traded Hart + two first's for CJ (one didn't convey because of PG covid). Then doubled down on CJ by giving him a big extension and may already be regretting that choice

Ingram is a good player but not as good as a healthy AD. And Ingram has a fairly extensive injury history of his own

maybe the biggest payoff will be a high draft pick next June; but that's 4 years after the trade and odds are decent that whoever they select with that pick won't start paying real dividends till 5-6 years after the AD trade. Which kind of illustrates that trading franchise player often don't ever pay off, and if they do it's usually years after the trade

5. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Nurk+Nas+1st, and a condition 2nd 1st is as high as I'd go, and the Lakers would never take that.

Parenthetic note: Russ and most all of the rest of the team come off the books in the offseason.

6. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

“Hahahaha-haha made you trade for Westbrook”

BassPlaya likes this.
  7. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

It's easier to make those big gambles when you know you have a good shot of rebuilding through free agency and trade demands, e.g., Shaq and LeBron. And I suppose Kobe, to a lesser extent.

Pinwheel1 likes this.
  8. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

What are “consolidation” trades, really? Do they only include trades for a star that need multiple 1sts in addition to players?

Davis, I’m out on. Still a great defender, but at this point, anyone was a major injury-riddled track record should be avoided. Chris Broussard also pointed this out on FTF, Davis is more of a tweener these days. He’s not a good enough shooter to just play on the perimeter but he doesn’t want to play inside. KAT is a great enough of a shooter that Minni could rationalize making him a PF.

KD—I don’t want to mortgage too much of the future for him. Same with Bron.

Really, the only consolidation trades I think about this summer are for Embiid, Bam, Siakam or PG. If any of them became available, especially the first 3, you could rationalize giving up Ant +Nurk + 1sts to get.

Outside of them, why break up these pieces when there’s still a great deal of internal growth that can happen with this team? Outside of Embiid, Bam, and Siakam, there are no C’s that could be available that are worth trading multiple 1sts for. The next great bigs are the ones that probably haven’t been drafted yet. There was a time when Dwight was the single elite C, and Bynum and several notches below, then there was everyone else. The next generation became Embiid and Jokic, with Bam and maybe Gobert/Ayton (if you want to include them), then there’s everyone else. Right now, we know the next generation of bigs will probably be headlined by Mobley and Wemby, doesn’t it make more sense to have multiple cracks at finding the next great C in the draft rather than trade multiple 1sts for someone in the same tier as Nurk?

SharpesTriumph likes this.
  9. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Sorry but the bubble title ain't it.

PDXFonz likes this.
  10. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    If there was any chance in hell that we could get Davis without giving up Dame I think he’s one of the few players in the league that would make us a title contender. I know he’s injury prone but if you can keep him healthy for short playoff window you got chance at a title.

do we have what it would take to get him doubtful but Simons/ (Nurk or Grant)/ plus pick or two. Might even cost you Sharpe ( that would be most painful part for me)

do we want him not sure but if you truly want a chance at a title he’s one of the few players in league who would make us title contenders.

11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Can we trade Chauncey Billups for Anthony Davis?

12. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Not enough Nate. Maybe a Billups/HCP package would do it. That HCP perspiring contract has value.

RickyJoe, OR-84, BBert and 4 others like this.
  13. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    That trade would make the Lakers better.

14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

No mention of the Blazers. Look at these teams that are said to be interested in a 33 year old player, Ridiculous!

https://lakersnation.com/pistons-bojan-bogdanovic-trade-rumors-lakers-raptors-pelicans-bucks-cavaliers-mavericks-among-interested-teams/2023/01/18/amp/

The Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks are among the teams registering interest in Detroit’s Bojan Bogdanović, league sources say. The Pistons have maintained that they prefer to keep Bogdanović moving forward, but as The Athletic’s James Edwards III reported, the franchise is open to conversations, and it’s believed an unprotected first-round pick can pry Bogdanović out of Detroit.

15. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

LOL...wut?..."an unprotected first-round pick"....for Bognanovic?

he'll turn 34 at the end of the season. He's a good player but he sure isn't worth an unprotected pick unless it's from a guaranteed playoff team

RR7 likes this.
  16. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Would this piss people off? I think I'd be excited. If AD passed a rigorous physical, this would be pretty cool. I'd take the gamble on his health. I realize we would be up against the tax and have to pick up another player just to have the roster minimum but just on it's own would people be cool with this or hate it?
    upload_2023-1-23_12-50-35.png

17. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Back in reality land, Davis is expected to return to the court tonight.

STOMP

18. GiaDiama

GiaDiama New Member

Really is there any basketball fan that would dislike this trade? I mean AD is so much better at basketball than the other 2, it's not even close. Injury prone yes, but at least he gives us a chance. With the other 2 and the 38M they occupy we have 0 chance.

illmatic99 likes this.
  19. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

I don't think giving a rigorous physical to glass is a smart idea.

20. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Why would Laker fans like this? Why would their management do it?

STOMP

GiaDiama likes this.