Anthony Morrow Shines As Warriors Defeat Clippers

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

[​IMG]

The Golden State Warriors were coming off of a tough loss to the Detroit Pistons. A way to make up for the loss on national television would be to defeat the superstar that walked away from your team this past off season, the Warriors did just that.

Golden State blew out Baron Davis and the Los Angles Clippers 121-103.

But who led the team? Stephen Jackson? Andris Biedrins? Or was it Corey Maggette who wanted to play his best against his former team? None of them.

It was the undrafted rookie who was nearly cut from the roster, Anthony Morrow. He played phenomenal scoring 18 points in the first half and ending the game with 37 on 15-20 shooting and grabbed 11 boards. Morrow started the game, and it looks like it won't be the last time he starts in this league.

"It was kind of a weird situation because I kind of knew I probably wouldn't get drafted. But I never really lost faith in myself or faith in what I've been doing," Morrow said. "I knew I put in the work. I just wanted to refine my entire game in the summer league, and it's working out pretty well for me right now."

Corey Maggette looked determined when the game started and was looking healthy, but 3 personal fouls in the first quarter ruined his fun. He scored 17 points. Biedrins, who was coming off another double-double performance once again had another one with 17 points and 16 rebounds, half of them were offensive rebounds.

Captain Jack had a double-double himself with 18 points and a season high 10 assists.

On the other end, former Warrior Baron Davis had 25 points and 11 assists. Cuttino Mobley also chipped in with 19 points. Chris Kaman had 15 points and 13 rebounds.

The Warriors next game will be this Tuesday against Brandon Roy and the Portland Trail Blazers.

In other news:

* Al Harrington missed another game due to "injury"
    * DeMarcus Nelson was sent down to the development league and CJ Watson did not start either, giving the start to Morrow
    * Trade rumors are in the air that Marco Belinelli will be going to the New Jersey Nets soon.