Antonio Daniels, Stayin in Seattle

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by legendisdope, May 22, 2005.

1. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Comparatively, the Sonics, who finished 52-30 and were eliminated in the Western Conference semifinals, are a better option if the team retains its core players.

Along with Allen, reserve guard Antonio Daniels has publicly stated he wants to return next season, though he's expected to void the final year of his deal that will pay him $2.2 million.

"The only thing that you have control over in keeping a team together is yourself," said Daniels. "I'm sure that me and Ray will talk a lot throughout the course of this summer. ... But what it comes to is guys have to do what they feel like is best for them and their families. The way I feel about coming back here, somebody else may not feel."

</div>

Source

YAY!!, This Article was written May 22nd [Today]..So its official =].

2. CB4 RAPTOR MVP

CB4 RAPTOR MVP JBB JustBBall Member

in that article he says nothing about coming back

3. legendisdope

he wants to return next season?..iono deres too many articles lol dere all sayin different stuff.

4. PUREPOINT

PUREPOINT JBB JustBBall Member

they better be comin back! it's the only thing i look for! The Mariners SUck, Seahawks choke!!! I'm gonna die b4 we get a trophy in Seattle in any sport!

p.s. WNBA dont count!

5. legendisdope

Im worried about Ray Allen, i just hope Cleveland doesnt offer him a huge contract and make him leave, Cleveland is the only team in our way to get Ray back, i know for sure he wont go to Atlanta.

6. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

You two guys are cracking me up. [​IMG]

7. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Hahaha, you're all idiots.

AD proved in the playoffs why we need him back, plain and simple. However there is word that the Cavs would offer him something around the max of the MLE (six years, 40 mill) and I couldn't justify spending that on him.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

That would be impressive If they can do that as they won't have the MLE this year. They are under the cap afterall and I would imagine that they will offer big money to Redd, Hughes, Johnson or Allen and then they have Z to think about. So I doubt they can offer anything close to that.

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Is Z coming back though?

Daniels is from Ohio I believe, too.

10. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PUREPOINT:</div><div class="quote_post">they better be comin back! it's the only thing i look for! The Mariners SUck, Seahawks choke!!! I'm gonna die b4 we get a trophy in Seattle in any sport!

p.s. WNBA dont count!</div>

And they don't count because....???

The Storm started the return of basketball to Seattle with their championship run last year, the Huskies and the Sonics and some great high schooler followed in the fall making for the best year of basketball this area has had in years. The Storm played great ball with solid point play, dominant inside play, a wild card, creative perimeter player and some great role players. Have you even seen a game? (just don't say Saturday's extra day of training camp, fiasco opener, it wasn't representative!)

Basketball is basketball whether it is played above the rim or not. It has beauty in all its incarnations, from street ball creativity to the shot heavy international game, to the athletic one on one power of the NBA game. Just because it doesn't get your fire going is not a reason to say it "dont count."