Any t'wolves fans?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by t_wolves_6thman, Jun 2, 2003.

1. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">KG is better than a lot of NBA teams [​IMG]</div>

Like the Celtics [​IMG] jp

2. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">KG is better than a lot of NBA teams [​IMG]</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

troy is the man and a part of that team

4. twolvefan11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

we didnt say he wasnt, we just said garnett could beat a lot of NBA teams by himself

5. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

we didnt say he wasnt, we just said garnett could beat a lot of NBA teams by himself</div>

[​IMG] KG is a great player, believe me. But the only player that can really beat teams by himself is Shaq. Shaq has the whole frikkin team haniging on him and he still manages to dominate. Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.

6. twolvefan11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

we didnt say he wasnt, we just said garnett could beat a lot of NBA teams by himself</div>

[​IMG] KG is a great player, believe me. But the only player that can really beat teams by himself is Shaq. Shaq has the whole frikkin team haniging on him and he still manages to dominate. Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.</div>

it was sarcastically, no one can win games by themselves, even shaq

7. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

[​IMG] KG is a great player, believe me. But the only player that can really beat teams by himself is Shaq. Shaq has the whole frikkin team haniging on him and he still manages to dominate. Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.</div>

KG is a top 3 player in the game (w/ Shaq, Duncan) son... he cant score 40 points a game every night but can kobe light you up for 30 pts, 15 asists, 15 rebound, 5 blocks... I think not... there are other ways to take the game over than just scoring and Id rather have KG on my team than Kobe or Tmac... your basing your whole "take over" theroy on points, which is flawed...

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Mcgrady couldn't carry this wolves team to what KG has done not even close...he can't do the allround things KG can do..kobe can't either..but we have yet to see if kobe can carry a team....

9. the MDE

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "purehoops":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

KG is a top 3 player in the game (w/ Shaq, Duncan) son... he cant score 40 points a game every night but can kobe light you up for 30 pts, 15 asists, 15 rebound, 5 blocks... I think not... there are other ways to take the game over than just scoring and Id rather have KG on my team than Kobe or Tmac... your basing your whole "take over" theroy on points, which is flawed...</div>

30 points, 15 assists, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks? Has KG ever had a game THAT good? Kobe took over the league in Feburary and beat MJ's scoring record and held the team together while Shaq was eating out.

At age 22 could KG have scored 48 points and grabbed 16 rebounds while sharing the offense with Shaq? I don't think so! Kobe is a better player IMO. And yes I was wrong- KG is better than T-slac.

10. twolvefan11

11. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Kevin isnt a scorer or ball hog (which would better describe Kobe)... Kevin has the all around talent, he is not one minded player like Kobe and worried about scoring 30 pts a night... Kobe benefits more with havin Shaq on his team, Shaq is the one that is ALWAYS doubled teamed... when is the last time youve seen Kobe doubled more in a game than Shaq, hell, when is the last time youve seen Kobe doubled half as much as Shaq... the facts also prove that the surround cast for the Lakers suck (11 20 pt games that was by a guy NOT named Kobe or Shaq)... that is sad, thus Kobe gets to get alot of Shaq regardless of how many Shaq gets... KG puts up the numbers every night (double doubles and triple doubles would prove my point here)... just about anyone would agree that KG is a better player except the bias laker fans..

so basicly you could argue that Kobe has a horrible cast thus he is able to score more while he has a player on his team better than him, thus the pressure is not as great... hes living in a fantasy world, a stat hog would love this situation...

12. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "cross;yo;ova":</div><div class="quote_post">troy is the man and a part of that team</div>

ye i know ,i didnt mean it like that ,im just sayin what slam said "kg is all alone except for troy"

13. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post">Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.</div>
    KG could score 40 in a half if he wanted to. He's not a ball hog. He'll do what he needs to do to win. Nothing excessive.

14. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "slamduncan21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post">Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.</div>
    KG could score 40 in a half if he wanted to. He's not a ball hog. He'll do what he needs to do to win. Nothing excessive.</div>

yes it kinda reminds me of Duncan... Duncan had an 11 pt game against the nuggets with 4 shots... Kobe had to get 40 points against the nuggets to win...

15. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

So that means players like KG and Duncan intimidates other players. I would rather have a Duncan then a Kobe.

16. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">So that means players like KG and Duncan intimidates other players. I would rather have a Duncan then a Kobe.</div>

this was more aiming to KG or Kobe...

17. twolvefan11

this probably has no point, but i duplicated a lot of players on nba live, dont know which one, and i made a whole team with garnetts, kobes, tmacs, ect. and what i found out is that a whole team of garnetts is better than a whole team of kobes.

18. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "twolvefan11":</div><div class="quote_post">i found out is that a whole team of garnetts is better than a whole team of kobes.</div>
    makes sense to me

19. the MDE

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "slamduncan21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "the MDE":</div><div class="quote_post">Also, players like T-mac and Kobe can take over games unlike KG. KG couldn't score like 40-some points in a half like Kobe did. KG is a great all-around playa but I still don't think he is to that level of the greats of this era like Kobe, Shaq, T-mac, and Duncan.</div>
    KG could score 40 in a half if he wanted to. He's not a ball hog. He'll do what he needs to do to win. Nothing excessive.</div>

[​IMG] Do what he needs to win? Too bad he has never won anything, not to mention being shut out in playoff series. And Kobe isn't a ball-hog. He realizes the ball needs to go through Shaq to win. He spends time getting teammates involved- if you had watched the Lakers-Spurs series (games 3+4) you would see Kobe dishing off to George and Shaq and Fish..

It don't mean a thing if you don't got a ring...