Anyone else like Jarrett Jack more than Talfair?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

They got another first round PG last year for a reason. I just don't care for Sebastian Telfair.

2. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Hes been a REAL nice player this year.. hes a good guy too, and he doesnt smoke weed like the rrest of those fools..lol..

3. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

I don't like either of them. :dunno:

4. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I think Jack is a much smarter more mature player than Telfair.

5. Bassy4MVP

Bassy4MVP BBW Banned

Telfair is what in his 2nd season of play in the NBA? He has some time to grow especially being a yunging like he is..I think he will definently be a great player in the future and will eventually get over 40.He could be the reason portland makes the playoffs if he gets another player he can work well with like a center or a SG.

6. DRob-50-Forever

Get over 40?

7. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

I like Jack. He seems stronger and has a good head on his shoulders, which you can't say about many Blazers. He denied weed from Randolph and Miles. He could step up into a starting spot this upcoming season.

8. Bassy4MVP

Bassy4MVP BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ May 1 2006, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Get over 40?</div>40 points..it would be huge for a player like him..

9. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

40ppg? Your out of your mind.

10. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

LOL Omg I cant believe you said that. Telfair is a brick shooter. He scores threw crossing people over. He is a career 13 ppg guy. IDK I think he is a little too flashy. He should try to listen to his coach and become a fundamental pg. His style is suited for streetball. Way too flashy, he doesnt play defense and he isnt a good scorer.But he will remain with that team solely because he is a decent, young pg for them.

11. DRob-50-Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BassyInTheMaking92 @ May 1 2006, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>40 points..it would be huge for a player like him..</div>You mean in one game right?

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I am a huge Jarrett Jack fan, ever since his days at Georgia Tech. I wanted him at #16 in last years draft, well, until the talent of Gerald Green slipped to us. He plays excellent defense, he runs the floor and can run a slowed-down offense, he doesn't chuck three's he has a good midrange shot, he has a good eye for the open man, and he's very fundamental. He is going to be an important player on a good team. He just simply gets the job done.

I also like Bassy, but like some of you said above, his game is best fit for streetball. But if he becomes more fundamental and slow his game down (like Jason Williams did), then he could be a very good PG. He's lightning quick, he is an excellent passer, he can shoot (but is streaky), and his ballhandling are just as good as any New York PG prospect (sick). But I do not think the Blazers should have passed on Chris Paul to develope this kid.

So to answer the question in one sentence, I would take Jack over Telfair. But this Blazer organization is moving in the right direction if they get rid of the guys that don't want to be there (Randolph/Miles) and get guys that want to play there. I love Portland's youth group of Jack, Bassy, Webster, Blake, Przy, Dixon, and Outlaw. Plus the top 3 pick this year. They just need to get rid of the guys that don't want to be there like Randolph/Miles and move on. I think Morrison would be a good fit there. He's the hometown favorite, he would help sell a couple more tickets, and on top of that he's a great scorer.

13. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

i like him more since his yellow jacket days.

14. streetshox23

streetshox23 BBW Member

I like how Telfair plays so I think that I will stick with him,especially since i dont know who the other guy is. [​IMG]

15. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

I like telfair and that movie he came out with was cool (Through The Fire)but Jack is developing into a purer point guardill take Jack

16. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Celticsballa Telfair wasnt in the same draft class as Chris Paul...Basically here's the thing:Telfair is flashy, he'll be like his cousin Stephon, without the attitude problems.Jack is a fundamental PG, and will be in the future, maybe a another Jason Kidd without the rebounds?

17. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

Like eric snow?

18. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jun 3 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Celticsballa Telfair wasnt in the same draft class as Chris Paul...Basically here's the thing:

Telfair is flashy, he'll be like his cousin Stephon, without the attitude problems.

Jack is a fundamental PG, and will be in the future, maybe a another Jason Kidd without the rebounds?</div>
    I never said Bassy was in the same draft as CP3. But Portland owned the #3 pick then traded down. So they could have stayed and picked Paul. But no, they decided they wanted to just develope Telfair. I am very glad Paul wasn't put in this organization though, but they could have/should have had him.