Politics Appeals court hands Trump another loss, saying Congress can seek his tax returns

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    [/QUOTE]
    I did not say they were the same. I am saying unless it's extremely Blatant it will be very hard to prove that because the money came in from someone with ties from Russia that, that somehow gave them presidential favor, at least if the only evidence is a tax return.

We've heard these games before, IE, Hillary owns this thing, some Chinese man gave them money, thus of course if you're Fox news Hillary is a traitor to China. It's a whole lot of assumptions and confirmation bias going on.

The truth seems to matter less and less in the court of politics, but sure it may change someone out there. I'm not at all saying they shouldn't pursue the truth though.[/QUOTE]
    You've got to follow the hard evidence that was hard to dig up because of all of Trump's meticulous obfuscation. The hard evidence will prove the case and first you need the tax returns to give you some good ideas on where to look.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Don't forget that he has built his fortune on the backs of many small businesses, some of which were on man and built on six bankruptcies. Then there's the whole business of swindling people including the IRS. How about keeping Blacks out of his condos which he was convicted in court for doing. This would mean not renting, leasing or selling to the average guy or gal.

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

He also still owes 100s of millions of dollars in loans...not to mention purposely defaulting on loans to get a tax break.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-a-personal-tax-break-by-defaulting-on-loans/

4. yankeesince59

SC has temporarily blocked release of Trump's tax returns.

MARIS61 likes this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Thats bullshit. Using the SC as his personal fixer.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The other ones are in jail

7. yankeesince59

^^^ Touche' to both posts.

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The SC should refuse to hear it. It puts them in a corner. If they take the case and rule in favor of Trump, they are leveraging the executive and judicial branches against the legislative branch. If the vote in favor of congress they are leveraging the judicial and legislative branches against the executive branch. Either way it obscures a fine line and tramples separation of power.

9. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Bullshit!
    Congress has no legitimate reason to be looking into Trumps taxes or anyone else's for that matter. The Federal Income tax law, started about 100 years ago, but not for the purposes of giving Congress another view into the affairs of citizens or the President.

MARIS61 likes this.
  10. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Too bad. The Supreme Court only delayed the ruling to hear more evidence before they make a ruling. It's not up to you no matter how you interpret the rules.

11. Chris Craig

Yeah I already said that

12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    This post reflects a complete non-understanding of not only the role of the SCOTUS, but a general non-understanding of the basic foundations of our justice system and especially how the abuse of law by one branch (in this case the legislative branch) is remedied by one or two other branches.

13. yankeesince59

C'mon Marz...even Trump said he would release his tax returns after the "audit" was completed...that was 3 years ago. Even you have to confess that if we were talking about Obama, you'd be screaming for him to release his returns.

Why would Trump say he would release the returns and then refuse to do so, unless of course, he's hiding something?

Lanny likes this.
  14. yankeesince59

Oh please, I liked it better when you would simply copy and blindly paste a wall of words without context. Are you saying that you alone have an "understanding" of the role of the SCOTUS and the foundations of our justice system that the rest of us are somehow devoid of?

Please, just stop.

Lanny likes this.
  15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    No. The President is under no obligation to release his tax returns, nor should he be. Fishing expeditions in between elections are no way to run a country.

"AmendmentIV– The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,
    against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but
    upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation"

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

A president facing multiple litigation suits doesn't fall under that category...he's being impeached....Trump is deep in law suits against him and Trump University....nice try trying to check for fishing licenses but everybody has one that's up to date already...while you're checking what presidents can and can't do look up witness tampering, obstruction and misuse of campaign funds or blackmailing foreign governments for dirt on American citizens while president....also being banned from charity registrations for pilfering cancer fund money aimed for children....then there's his properties used for diplomatic govt biz...and our tax paid secret service to follow his Trump reps Ivanka and Jared around the world supplying security.....Trump doesn't know the playbook....he doesn't get to duck out now. Strange how these little glitches in his conduct just slip by you unnoticed.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  17. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Hate will do you in.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Every day of your life has been in between an election....that's a pretty meaningless piece of info Marz

Minstrel likes this.
  19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I have no hate and I'm going to live a long life......honesty will prove my point....Trump will fail you..he already has you just stubbornly hate to see it.

Lanny likes this.
  20. yankeesince59

That's BS and you know it. And do you seriously think that Trump is "running the country" the right way? What has this mental deficient accomplished in 3 years?

Lanny likes this.