Apple shrinks battery size even more for smallest iPhone ever

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by The_Lillard_King, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Which one are you paying attention to? Given you've posted the same thing four times, I bet it's not this site.

2. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    bodyman sure is passionate about phones.

Guess you gotta find your passion in life.

3. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

BM"W" 5000 +1: I looked up the Note 3 and totally get why we like different phones. The note3 looks cool for all the things you are mentioning (watching videos, using the stylus with your phone and anything that a big screen gives you an advantage with). It looks like it can act as a tablet and a phone. I have to have both a tablet and a phone and you have it all in one.

For me though, I could not be carrying that around all day and night. I'm always looking to get things out of my pockets and I think I would always be looking to take that out of my pockets any chance I get. With my absent mindedness, that would be left at some bar or event I was attending within the first month. I don't think I could get used to something that big in my pocket all the time and that is usually where my phone is. I tried the phone belt but that didn't suit me either.

I'm sure a big screen like that has many advantages because I tend to use a tablet at home instead of my phone . . . it's really just a choice of what is more important to each person. While apple tries to make their phone lighter and slimer, samsung has gone the way of giving a bigger screen (which apple is trying to do but always keeping size in mind).

Pretty sure I'm going to get an android tablet so I can really judge all the differences when it comes to features, but I get the advantage of a big screen. Unfortunately, if that was my phone, it would be on left on someone's end table or at a restaurant before I could even learned how to use all the functions.

4. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Nope, passionate about mountain bikes. That is one of the negatives about android. My favorite mountain bike app LOOKS better on my girlfriend's Iphone.

5. bodyman5000 and 1

I got the gear2 watch for my birthday, it tells me it is disconnected if I leave the range of the bluetooth. I live in Vegas and wear Nike shorts 350 days a year. The phone balances my pockets actually, keys and wallet in one and phone in the other. I actually talk on the phone with the watch more than I did before.

I hate holding any phone up to my head, in the old days you could nestle a corded phone on your shoulder. My grandmother can hear me fine talking through the watch without having to hold it up Dick Tracy style.

The heartbeat sensor sucks for the most part but I can control my music on the bike trails by my house without having to take my phone out of my bag.

Overall, technology is insane these days. I wonder what 5 years will bring.

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Apple installed security backdoors on 600 million iPhones, iPads: Researcher

Apple has been accused of intentionally installing security backdoors in some 600 million iOS devices that offer surveillance-level access to data including photos, browsing history and GPS locations.

The vulnerabilities were uncovered by security expert Jonathan Zdziarski, who presented an academic paper on the subject at a hacker conference in New York last Friday.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nes-iPads-Researcher/articleshow/38894518.cms

7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  9. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Nobody is doubting Google is a big brother whore.

10. bodyman5000 and 1

^^^^^^^^^skynet.