Are the Hopes to High?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Aug 21, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Ok put it this way, they are not making the playoffs.

And yes Stackhouse still has skills and was one of the top 2 players on the team if healthy next to Arenas.

7'3 Center? Ramos? That dude is about as raw as sushi. He'll be a 5-6 year project just like Kwame.

Have fun with lottery balls, buddy!

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok put it this way, they are not making the playoffs.

And yes Stackhouse still has skills and was one of the top 2 players on the team if healthy next to Arenas.

7'3 Center? Ramos? That dude is about as raw as sushi. He'll be a 5-6 year project just like Kwame.

Have fun with lottery balls, buddy!</div>
    Stackhouse didn't even play, and if you don't get it, having Arenas, Stack and Hughes isn't good since they all need the ball in their hands.

Also Stack is a horrible rebounder, per minute turned the ball over mroe than Arenas and was the SF, is a bad defender even when healthy, and he can't shoot, so he's no superstar. He was the second best player after Arenas, but was hardly better than Hughes, and last year Hughes destroyed him in terms of who was better.

Jamison doesn't need to dribble to score, he needs a catch down low and just throw it in, and if you think having Stack would be better, you're crazy. Also big men mean a lot for teams, and the team has a great big man core, and to add to that, their best player last year, Arenas was injured for 27 games, and Hughes for 21, and even Stack for 55, and Arenas even played injured for many of his games. To think the team will just suck unless some injury happens is madness.

3. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

I think part of the problems in Washington stem from the fact that it's seemed (at least from an outside standpoint) that you haven't been able to maintain a face for the franchise in about 6-8 years.

The #1 franchise guy seems to be a better merry-go-round ride than most good amusement parks have: Kwame, Rip, Jordan, Stack, Hughes, Arenas........

I mean it seems like no one has stayed more than a year or 2 at that spot to really make thier mark and really set the tone for leadership.

You've got talent, but it can't be a fight for who's in charge on the floor year in and year out.

Maybe I'm way off, but that's what it seems like from the outside looking in.

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I think this is the year that they finally have to do something. Arenas, Hughes, Jamison, Peeler, and Brown is a decent core of players. I'm not sure if they are good enough to get in the playoffs, but they should improve and at least contend for a spot. They have an easy division except for Miami, so that's another good thing going for them.