Are the Kings falling apart?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by N4S, Aug 8, 2004.

1. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting $actown Dyme:</div><div class="quote_post">

Who exactly on the Kings is overrated?</div>

I'm sure Emo believes that every Kings player is overrated.besides why do you care about what a Laker fan thinks about the Kings anyways. [​IMG] I Sure don't. [​IMG]

2. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bez Koske:</div><div class="quote_post"> we got two exciting rookies.</div>

If "two exciting rookies" are a significant part of your championship hopes, then the Kings truly are done.

3. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">If "two exciting rookies" are a significant part of your championship hopes, then the Kings truly are done.</div>
    well as much as im looking forward to seeing Martin play, Im not thinking that the chances of winning it all are resting on how the rookies play.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">ok Emo, lets do it the right way.
    I will bet you sig space that the kings have the better record at the end of the season.

I win, I pick your sig, You win, you pick mine...For the entire run of the playoffs.

and untill then, NO TRASH TALKING from either of us in the others team forum. (in other words, if you want to trash talk, go to another forum besides this one to do it).

Deal?</div>

No no, I bet you sig space the Kings don't win the championship next year. LOL. How about that?

5. harbingerofdoom

nope.
    I have already gone on record saying that I dont believe they will do it... why would I bet against myself?

wassa matter Emo? worried the lakers wont even make it to the 8th seed?

6. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Put it this way, the Kings chances of winning it next year are alot worse then the past few years. How can you actually think that they will win it depending on how the rookies play. That's hilarious! LOL

7. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

^What are you talking about? I never stated that the Kings will win a championship on how the rookies play. I just said that the Kings aren't falling apart and I added that we got two exciting rookies along with a healhty Webber and Jackson, I believe.

8. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">Put it this way, the Kings chances of winning it next year are alot worse then the past few years. How can you actually think that they will win it depending on how the rookies play. That's hilarious! LOL</div>

Where did you get that idea about the Kings winning depending on how the rookies win?

I Don't see anybody saying that in this thread,unless i'm missing something here??

9. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">nope.
    I have already gone on record saying that I dont believe they will do it... why would I bet against myself?

wassa matter Emo? worried the lakers wont even make it to the 8th seed?</div>

Well at least you're not blind enough to recognize the fact they're not championship material, but its pretty obvious Sac will finish with the better record because of the fact that we don't have Shaq anymore, and our lineup looks entirely different with the new pieces that we're trying to fit in the Laker puzzle. I've already said the Lakers will finish no better than the 6th seed in the West, and I'm sticking to that. It's the truth.

But I think this bet that I thought of earlier is a better challenge for the both of us, don't you think? [​IMG]

10. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">

But I think this bet that I thought of earlier is a better challenge for the both of us, don't you think? [​IMG]</div> can i have some of what you are smoking? :P

11. JJA

JJA JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Well at least you're not blind enough to recognize the fact they're not championship material, but its pretty obvious Sac will finish with the better record because of the fact that we don't have Shaq anymore, and our lineup looks entirely different with the new pieces that we're trying to fit in the Laker puzzle. I've already said the Lakers will finish no better than the 6th seed in the West, and I'm sticking to that. It's the truth.

But I think this bet that I thought of earlier is a better challenge for the both of us, don't you think? [​IMG]</div>

Only 6th Seed?!

Anyways, The kings are falling part... even worse then they already were apart..

12. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Why is it that Kings fans all think that Webber will return healthy? He wasn't even healthy this year. He had no ability to bang in the post, and simply shot jumpers over KG during the whole Wolves' series. Now Kmart is in the west as well. The Kings will never be able to fully rely on Webber again

Plus Peja doesn't even want to play for you guys. There is a serious problem when a player wants to leave a team after having a career year, and being an MVP candidate. He sees that the Kings are falling apart, and wants nothing to do with it.

Bibby will be an allstar within the next three years (Tmac screwed his chances of that happening this year, Tracy will take the spot that used to be Stevie's), but Bibby is their only leader. Peja is too quiet, and Webber is just a bigger VC. How will they win w/o an emotional leader.

The Kings make make it to the 2nd round, but after that, they are more done than a Turkey on Thanksgiving. Believe that.

13. MR_SAC_KING

^ Say Whatever you want about the Kings.as a fan of the Kings is it wrong of me to hold out for the best and not look upon the negatives.every fan wants to see the good in their respective team...we will all find out how the season goes for the Kings in a few months,so as far as i'm concerned,this will be another good season to look forward too.

14. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Booger:</div><div class="quote_post">Only 6th Seed?!

Anyways, The kings are falling part... even worse then they already were apart..</div>
    1) he gives the lakers a lot more credit than most people do.

2) 'splain please why you say they are.... it doesnt really do much good if you just pop in and say "X Y and Z" but dont give any reason as to why you think that.

15. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is it that Kings fans all think that Webber will return healthy? He wasn't even healthy this year. He had no ability to bang in the post, and simply shot jumpers over KG during the whole Wolves' series. Now Kmart is in the west as well. The Kings will never be able to fully rely on Webber again</div> He was not healthy last year because he was injured in the playoffs the during the previous year and had to have surgury. this also explains why he was not able to bang around in the post as he was previously. the type of injury he had can go two ways. 1) takes a year to come back from and 2) might never come back from it. Assuming for a moment that his situation falls under the first, he came back too early last year and wasnt 100%. If thats the case, he should be pretty good in the upcoming season. If, however, the latter of the two are what happens, that will be found out in the upcoming season. I am willing to give him the chance to prove that he can still play because I think he can.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Plus Peja doesn't even want to play for you guys. There is a serious problem when a player wants to leave a team after having a career year, and being an MVP candidate. He sees that the Kings are falling apart, and wants nothing to do with it. </div> Its good to know that you talked to him personally. Seriously though, No one really knows what is going on in his head. could be he is pissed at webber & thats all. could be that he really does think the kings chances are over (I seriously doubt that one and if thats the case, why would he want to play for Chicago?). and it could be that he is just upset because the Kings didnt throw more money at Divac (which is what I really think is going on). and dont forget that he followed up his career year with a total no-show in the playoffs... in my book that does a LOT of damage to anything good you have done in the regular season.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bibby will be an allstar within the next three years (Tmac screwed his chances of that happening this year, Tracy will take the spot that used to be Stevie's), but Bibby is their only leader. Peja is too quiet, and Webber is just a bigger VC. How will they win w/o an emotional leader.</div> Bibby is just not the leader type. he doesnt go after his team mates and pump them up. he doesnt go into the locker room & make speaches. he may lead by example, but sometimes it takes more than that. Im not baggin on him, because he could do that. He could step up this year & basicly say "this is the way things are going to go because I said so", but I doubt he will. I do believe that he is all star material as you do however.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Kings make make it to the 2nd round, but after that, they are more done than a Turkey on Thanksgiving. Believe that.</div> I have said several times that I dont think they will make it past the WCF. my pics from the west are either SA or Minny. but dont think that if they get there they are going to just roll over. It would be a far better series than you will think and will surprise a lot of people.

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">can i have some of what you are smoking? :P</div>

You should always have high expectations for your Kings team. Or are you saying they're not that good to win a championship just yet? I understand. [​IMG]

17. aldrin_only

aldrin_only JBB JustBBall Member

The Kings are a very good team... But some players are being traded... Well as long as Peja and C.Webb is there, I think they'll do fine...

18. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">You should always have high expectations for your Kings team. Or are you saying they're not that good to win a championship just yet? I understand. [​IMG]</div>

Thank you as a Laker fan for understanding this :P ..also thank you for your sig,as it's cool,but yet full of crap [​IMG]

Hey Kings fans must always hold up Hope for winning the NBA Crown :thumbsup:

19. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

I'm still holding out hope. This is the year baby! Kings All The Way in '05!!!!!!!

20. SKingsFan104

SKingsFan104 JBB JustBBall Member