Are the Kings falling apart?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by N4S, Aug 8, 2004.

1. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SKingsFan104:</div><div class="quote_post">hjkghjgh</div>

^What's that gibberish for I LOVE THE KINGS :mrgreen: LOL

2. Bosnian

Bosnian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Peja King:</div><div class="quote_post">we don't even know if they are able to make the playoffs... no PG, no playoffs.. look at the Clippers, raptors, etc.</div>huh u been smokin or something CLippers comon Man Raptors everyone knows that if carter was healthy this year they would have made it when he got injured from bruce bowen this year

I still like the Lakers better than the kings this year because Now its all Kobes Team and he now calls the shots and everyone knows that and like Charels Barkley said Kobe will be scoring 45 now that Shaq is no longer on the team [​IMG]

3. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Let me put in my two cents on this matter...

The Kings are falling apart, gradually...and the reason for this (in my opinion) is that Peja is tired of failing in the playoffs, and since Divac has left, it's all been downhill with reports and rumors that he's wanting to leave the organization. This is not good news for the Kings, and I think all of their fans can admit this...rumor or the truth, it's still bad. Look what rumors did to the Lakers? The media can dismantle a franchise.

As for the Kings' success next year...I believe that they will do well, as usual. They always do...although I'm very optimistic about the Lakers winning their division, but just barely. The reason I say this is because the Kings now have no backup for Brad Miller, and this is something that nearly caused the Lakers to lose many games in the last two seasons because Medvedenko was our backup to Shaq. Miller is no Shaq, but he's really good...but there's no denying that Ostertag is possibly the worst center in the league right now. He has no footwork, no shot, no hands...the only thing he's decent at is blocking shots. Other centers coming off the bench will eat him alive.

Here's where I see a problem, also. Vlade was arguably one of the best passing centers in the league, and the best at taking charges. Losing him really puts Peja in a tough spot...where now, Peja will have to create his own shot. Kings fans...be honest...how good is Peja if he's not hitting the three or a long jumper? He has no defense, he doesn't have a quick first step, no dribbling skills...he's going to have a rough season. Chris Webber is turnover prone, not just injury-prone, and I can almost guarantee that he will take many more mid-range jumpers (which he's not that great at shooting from mid-range).

I think a big part of the Kings' success was their various type of players they had on the court. Bibby isn't known for his defense, but his ball-handling and passing skills makes him one of the best PG's in the league. Christie isn't much of an offensive scorer compared to his great defensive skills, especially around the perimeter. Peja isn't much of a defender and not great as a slasher, but he's one helluva shooter. Webber has great footwork and incredible hands, not to mention his fakes are as good as anyone else's. Brad Miller can rebound and pass really well. His long arms help him out a lot...and he's a tough player, physically and on defense as well.

The Kings do great until the off-season, and I think what causes them the most problems is their ego and pressure. They are expected to win, because they are quick, and they love to score. What fans don't realize, though, is that they love to work together...but once they get into the playoffs, Webber, Peja and Bibby all want to do it all, and it gets to them.

I'm not going to predict how they will do this season. It's always up in the air because you just never know...but I know this much: for the Kings to advance into the Western Conference Finals again, they are going to have to get the ball into Brad Miller and out to Mike Bibby much more than they have been. Peja needs to focus on hitting threes much more than taking it in himself, while Webber should just try and take a backseat this season...be there when the team needs him, but try and distribute the ball similar to what Charles Barkley had to do later in his career. If the Kings do that all season long, and in the post-season, they can be just as successful as any team in the league.

Funny thing...this goes for the Lakers as well. Passing is the key...even when Kobe has the ball. Get everyone involved for teams like the Kings and Lakers, and maybe the post-season will be easier to grab at than what everyone else is assuming.

4. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

I like the Kings but I feel as their team will have problems in the future. I think it's better to decide who they want to keep and who they want to trade because they have good players.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">I still like the Lakers better than the kings this year because Now its all Kobes Team and he now calls the shots and everyone knows that and like Charels Barkley said Kobe will be scoring 45 now that Shaq is no longer on the team [​IMG]</div>Is that supposed to be a good thing? I mean, T-Mac won the scoring title last season and look where the Magic ended up.

Kobe and Shaq were instant title favorites even with all their problems. Like Barkley said: there is no reason why those two shouldn't have won every championship while they were together.

Kevin McHale said that he would've had better stats w/o Larry Bird but he probably wouldn't have won many championships, if any at all.

Winning > Stats.

5. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

amen heat fan.
    what good is scoring 50 on your own if your team winds up last in their division?

as far as what realdealbneal said, its well known that the kings have never been particularly great on the defensive side of the ball. there is no news there.

but while getting the ball inside is going to be important, stepping up on defense is going to be the key to winning a WCF series. no defense, no finals.

6. MR_SAC_KING

I Think This Has To Be The Year,that the Kings must,and abosultely need to prove that were better than what we are.no doubt about it this is a make it or break it year for the Kings.

If we don't have a sucessful season at all,than this threads subject will come true [​IMG].

Defense is the ISSUE here,but Kings fan's are well aware of this.

Were going to have to do something drastic this year to prove our critics wrong.and i hope we can.

Good luck to the Kings this year :thumbsup:

7. sactownballer

sactownballer JBB JustBBall Member

I am a huge Kings fan, but if they DONT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP some key player will be traded, either Webber or Stojakovic. We are going to build around Bibby for the future. I am hoping we don't have to break apart this cohesive team. I feel that we have a very good chance of bringing it home this year

8. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Anyone forgetting about Bobby Jackson?

9. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone forgetting about Bobby Jackson?</div> no..... but you will need to be a bit more specific than that... cuze I dont know exactly what you are driving at by bringing him up.... [​IMG]

10. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactownballer:</div><div class="quote_post">I am a huge Kings fan, but if they DONT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP some key player will be traded, either Webber or Stojakovic. We are going to build around Bibby for the future. I am hoping we don't have to break apart this cohesive team. I feel that we have a very good chance of bringing it home this year</div>

This year will be the make it or break it year like i have said in previous post's i made.if we were to trade or get rid of anybody it would be C-Webb,but we have a good team.the thing is can we play like it and get to the NBA Crown?

Time will tell. [​IMG]