Are the mods dead?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by huevonkiller, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Jesus definitely exists. Watch a Bulls game. You'll have to look on the bench to see him though.

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mynetsforlife)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I just want to straiten this out. If I said something like:</p>

</p>

/me goes to sleep</p>

You'd have no problem, but If I said something stupid, out of line, and plain wrong like:</p>

"Jesus isn't real"</p>

you would mind it, right?</p>

Because that's the way I'm viewing it. </p></div>

Lol why are you talking about Jesus? No one was talking about any of your posts, nor do I care about other people insulting Jesus. </p> </div>

Don't worry, I know. I'm just clarifying that friendly/idle chat is not the problem, but personal attacks on someone is. </p>

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mynetsforlife)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mynetsforlife)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I just want to straiten this out. If I said something like:</p>

</p>

/me goes to sleep</p>

You'd have no problem, but If I said something stupid, out of line, and plain wrong like:</p>

"Jesus isn't real"</p>

you would mind it, right?</p>

Because that's the way I'm viewing it. </p></div>

Lol why are you talking about Jesus? No one was talking about any of your posts, nor do I care about other people insulting Jesus. </p> </div>

Don't worry, I know. I'm just clarifying that friendly/idle chat is not the problem, but personal attacks on someone is. </p>

</div></p>

Oh I see. Well I don't see anything wrong with that Jesus comment, that seems like a respectful enough opinion on a touchy subject. </p>

</p>

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    The reason we have global moderators is so they can patrol the entire site and deal with issues as they see them.</p>

5. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

How about "You're adopted because you weren't wanted" when you were adopted. Something like that.

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Could I suggest a couple changes to the moderation options? I don't know what Denny means by creating folders in order to move things around... but I was just wondering if we could have a system similar to that we had at BBW (and I'm sure it was near identicle at JBB), where we check the box next to a post or thread and scroll down. At the bottom of the page, there is a little moderation options drop-down menu, where we can very easily move, edit, or merge threads/posts. Now, I understand that the software on here is very different than the basic format of an IPB or Vbulletin setting, but I think it would be great if we could have something similar to what I mentioned. I think you'd see increased moderation activity, and I think we'd all be more comfortable with it.

7. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Maybe if we had a solid set of guidelines to follow? I know a lot of the staff is waiting on that.

8. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mamba)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe if we had a solid set of guidelines to follow? I know a lot of the staff is waiting on that.</div>

http://www.sportstwo.com/WebPage/View/STWO/FEEDBACK/55416</p>

9. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32)</div><div class='quotemain'>Could I suggest a couple changes to the moderation options? I don't know what Denny means by creating folders in order to move things around... but I was just wondering if we could have a system similar to that we had at BBW (and I'm sure it was near identicle at JBB), where we check the box next to a post or thread and scroll down. At the bottom of the page, there is a little moderation options drop-down menu, where we can very easily move, edit, or merge threads/posts. Now, I understand that the software on here is very different than the basic format of an IPB or Vbulletin setting, but I think it would be great if we could have something similar to what I mentioned. I think you'd see increased moderation activity, and I think we'd all be more comfortable with it.</div></p>

There are checkboxes next to the threads (for moderators). Click the ones you want to move. Then navigate to where you want to move 'em and click the "move threads here" button.</p>

</p>

</p>

10. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I think you are all doing a wonderful job and want to thank you personally for your dedication to making S2 the best site on the entire internet.

11. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why does it seem like some people are sitting on their hands? There are some threads that needed to be deleted or "edited". I rarely see any mod do anything, aside from M Two One editing one of my previous posts for saying "That joke was supposed to annoy you", which was ridiculous.</div>

We'vebeeninstructedthatdeletingandeditingpostsisntahighpriorityontheseforums. </p>