Are you scared of LeBron?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Cake

Cake Member

No. I'm not scared for a few reasons.

A) That was Michael Jordan. Lebron is great...but not the greatest. Jordan was a better scorer and a much better defender.
    B) Jordan had Pippen in his prime. And later Rodman. Lebron has...who exactly? Ilgauskas? Wally Szczerbiak? Yuck. Even if he ends up in New Jersey, he won't have the kind of guys around him that make for a dynasty.
    C) (All of the following assumes no career ending injuries from any key players.) You said 'Chicago beat a lot of good teams.' True. They beat good teams. We're going to be a GREAT team. We're going to be beating the good teams. Cleveland is one of those teams. We're going to be better than those Blazers teams from 89 to 91. We'll probably be better than ANY team in the 90's including Chicago. We have 2 future hall of fame players and at least 2 more all star level players on this roster. We're far more stacked than any team out there. I'll even go as far as to say, in the next 5-10 years, the Blazers will have a season that's talked about as one of the top 5 greatest teams ever assembled. We'll have at least one team that wins close to 70 games, probably more like 2-3.

Of course, things can change. But I think people underestimate how good we're going to be. Portland is going to be a great team.