Arena Football League 2007 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ASUFan22, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Opal

Opal Active Member

GO CRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Nice upset here by KC. They were 3-13 last year and are about to beat the defending champs. Great game for them.

3. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

I went to the Blaze-Voodoo game last night. the AFL has a totaly differnt feel to it than anything I have ever been too. I really liked the ambience.

4. ASUFan22

That was your first game? It really is a lot of fun and when Danny White was here there was a lot of excitement down here too, hopefully he gives you all that and the AFL gains some new fans. Next week's game should be pretty fun.

5. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Mar 4 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I went to the Blaze-Voodoo game last night. the AFL has a totaly differnt feel to it than anything I have ever been too. I really liked the ambience.</div>The ambience was caused by the Voodoo Shaman in the corner smoking hash

6. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Yeah it was my first game, we just got a team last year and I didn't go because I was cheap and lazy. yeah White seems to know what he is doing, I've been studying up on the league and he's like an alltime great coach.

7. Opal

Opal Active Member

Damn, tough loss for us. [​IMG]

8. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I don't really follow the AFL but I will watch more of it this season. I saw Shaun King had 10 TD's last night? That's insane. There was an article a year ago in the Boston Globe about Wyc Grousbeck (Celtics owner) and how he was drawing funds together to get an AFL team in Boston. I love the idea and would definately support/go to Boston AFL games. I think it's a cool sport and really exciting. All that offense is awesome.

9. ASUFan22

Shaun King plays in the AFL now? What team?

10. blitzburgh55

blitzburgh55 BBW Member

Quincy Carters plays in the AFL2 which is the minor leaguesanyway the Soul won tonight

11. ASUFan22

Nice rivalry match-up right now between the Rattlers and Blaze. Arizona leading by 12 at halftime and playing much better D than last week.

12. ASUFan22

Damn, damn, damn!!! I have been such a jinx the past month. I talked about their D in the first half and then Utah comes out with a great 2nd half and steal it from the Rattlers. The Rattlers were in control of the whole game and were about to go 4-0 all-time against Utah until the Blaze recovered an onside kick and then scored at the end. Losses like this suck! Wendall Gaines was a beast on D and Bonner had another great game...this team just couldn't get it done in the end and have started off yet another season badly. You watch the game, redneck?

13. ASUFan22

Oh, I forgot to mention the FIVE missed PAT's by Kral. He's usually a very good kicker so I forgive him, but wth is that, really? That was the game right there.

14. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

I'm watching the game now, it was delayed because of the Jazz game. I'm starting to really like this league, its really fun. though I do wish there was some actual Defense being played.

15. ASUFan22

Well defense isn't played much but stops are very important so you appreciate them a lot in this league. I am pissed off beyond belief....I can't believe they let the win slip away.

16. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

yeah I've noticed you pretty much had this game.

17. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Feb 27 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Really? That's interesting...not sure how Prescott would support a team though.</div>they already have an arena that they are using for a minor league hockey team in prescott valley, but the problem with that is it only holds 6,000 people. Other than that it's really nice.

18. Kaveh77

Kaveh77 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikster100 @ Mar 14 2007, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they already have an arena that they are using for a minor league hockey team in prescott valley, but the problem with that is it only holds 6,000 people. Other than that it's really nice.</div>Whoever said it before is rght, it would only be an AFL2 team. There' no way they get a regular AFL team over mny much bigger cities.

19. Kaveh77

Kaveh77 BBW Member

oops, this is asufan, gotta log off my brother's account

20. Opal

Opal Active Member

I went to the Colorado Crush/Arizona Rattlers game tonight. Crush won baby! I know a player on the team (Brad Pyatt, wide reciever). Good game, but god damn the last minute took forever. They had about 16 tries from two yards away to get in the end zone and they finally did. Gay ass penalties. :angry:At least we won though. [​IMG]