Arenas Expected To Play Tonight

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Gilbert Arenas sat out practice yesterday to get an extra day of rest before Washington begins a set of four games in five days, beginning tonight against Philadelphia. Arenas missed the Wizards' 109-90 win against Portland on Saturday after developing soreness and swelling in his surgically repaired left knee.</p>

"It seems like he's going to play," Coach Eddie Jordan said when asked if Arenas would be available tonight. "Our policy is whenever we can give him some time off, we'll give him some time off."</p>

After the game against the 76ers, the Wizards will play in Charlotte tomorrow, take a day off for Thanksgiving, then host Golden State on Friday and travel to Memphis on Saturday. "I told [Gilbert] don't eat a lot of turkey on Thursday so maybe he'll stay lighter in the pants Friday and Saturday," Jordan said.</p>
    <div id="inline_ad_locator"></div>

General Manager Ernie Grunfeld said the team will have to monitor Arenas's knee as the season progresses; Jordan said Arenas's playing time will be determined by how he feels. "It's up to him. I tell him: 'Now Gil, tell me when you want to come out. Tell me when you want to come back in.' [Antonio Daniels] might not like it so much. But he's adjusted, too."</p>

Daniels had 10 points and 10 assists in place of Arenas on Saturday. In his past 13 starts, including the playoffs, Daniels has averaged 12.3 points and 10.2 assists. "I just have to do what I do regardless. I can't change my approach," Daniels said. "Gilbert's job when he's out there, he's the primary scorer. When I get in there, I'm the primary setup guy."</div></p>

Link</p>