Arenas expected to Start tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Washington Wizards leading scorer Gilbert Arenas practiced yesterday for the first time after aggravating the strained abdominal muscles that forced him to miss 14 games -- of which 11 were losses -- and is likely to start tonight against the Atlanta Hawks at MCI Center.

</div>

This is something we need, although he already tried coming back once, i dont want him to re-aggrivate it...but with him back it takes pressure off of Hughes...we now got 2 scorers in the line-up...this might be the start of a play off push...once we get stack back....

Full Article

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Finally....the winner of the most improved player is back. Now we'll see as to whether he'll live up to that honor. The Wizards need, the Good Gilbert Arenas. If he's going to do as well as I surmise, Wizards will be on the same level as say, the Warriors and Grizzlies. One of the great underdog teams. I just wish Kwame Brown would go somewhere else. Nice going Jordan....nice pick.

3. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">Finally....the winner of the most improved player is back. Now we'll see as to whether he'll live up to that honor. The Wizards need, the Good Gilbert Arenas. If he's going to do as well as I surmise, Wizards will be on the same level as say, the Warriors and Grizzlies. One of the great underdog teams. I just wish Kwame Brown would go somewhere else. Nice going Jordan....nice pick.</div>

Kwame Brown has shown how good he can be, but everytime he makes a little mistake he doesnt get the ball back, most of his points are created by him, i heard that he might be gone at the end of the season and a team that is really high on him is the Sonics....i think he could use a new enviroment to show what he is made of, but i think he has amazing athleticism, his defense is underrated, he has some nice low post moves, you have to understand that right now he would be a junior in college i believe, i think he should of done atleast 2 years of college, but he did what was best for him and i think it will eventually work out for the Wizards or another team.

4. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

It's good to see good ol Gilbert start I have his jersey and I wear it for a reason. yeah Wizards need him like Humans need H20 and water. Let's see if he play like the Gilbert Arenas we know

5. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

I think they need Stack even more than H2O.

But getting Arenas back is a start. Lets see where it gets them.

6. Mamba

Stack should be back sometime in January...he is an awesome slasher but will he be the same after the surgery?