Arenas Hates New Ball

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Arenas and several other Wizards are among the NBA players who do not like the league's new synthetic basketballs. Manufactured by Spalding, they are made of a microfiber composite rather than leather and are supposed to provide a better grip.

However, Arenas is not a fan.

"The only thing good about it is that it's grippy when you first touch it," Arenas said. "Once it starts soaking up sweat, it gets slippery. Guys are going to be turning the ball over like crazy this year because you can't hold on to the ball. They're going to have to play with at least three balls because as soon as a ball hits someone, that ball is dead."</div>

Link

Well, there's still time to change balls before the season starts, right?

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Almost everyone hates the new ball. This is one of the worst things the NBA has ever done.

3. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    ``It’s just a ball,’’ Bryant said. ``Growing up, I played with all kinds of balls. I rolled up tape and used tape as a basketball. I played with a sock. I think I can play with this one. We’ll be fine. I don’t even think it’s that big of a deal.’’

all the players should stop whining and just play

4. lakerskb24

lakerskb24 JBB JustBBall Member

^ I'm with Kobe23. All the players will eventually adapt to the ball.