Arenas is Out Three Months

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by GArenas, Nov 21, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas underwent surgery today to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. Arenas originally tore the meniscus in the knee last April 3 and had surgery a few days later. The re-injury happened during Friday night's game at Minnesota but Arenas does not remember if it took place on a specfic play. "Everything just started hurting after the game," Arenas said. "The pain came out of nowhere."

Arenas, who has missed the last two games, underwent an MRI in Washington today. He said he won't be able to do any basketball related activity for at least three weeks and could be cleared to return to practice in three months.
    </p>

"It's a downer because I really thought I was getting back," Arenas said. "It's a big setback but I guess I'll start all over again."</p>

</p>

- http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/</p>

</p>

Just when the Wizards start rolling, this happens. This is awful news, Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison will need to step it up big time if we expect to make the playoffs this season. The role-players will also be asked to take a bigger role. This has come as a huge surprise.</p>

2. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Balls.</p>

3. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Balls.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

And you laugh at T-Mac! Muahhaha.</p>

</p>

4. AmericanGod!

AmericanGod! Four Horsemen of 2012

Bollocks. There goes my fantasy team.</p>

5. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Mike Dunleavy will save me.</p>

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Americangod, not everyone knows about it yet, you can trade him really quick. He'll return after the all-star break, if the Wizards keep playing how they are now we can hover around .500 until his return when we can really pick it up. This is going to be a long three month but it's up to everyone on this team to try and salvage our season.</p>

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He'll be back in 3 months assuming there aren't any setbacks. Knee injuries are very unpredictable and Arenas depends on his knees a lot to make those slashing moves and change direction on a dime. It's going to take him some time to have the confidence to cut hard on the injured knee.</p>

At least he's still young and keeps himself in great shape. In theory it should help him heal faster.</p>

I'm not sure how the Wizards recover from this news though. Do they look to trade Jamison now and give up on the season?</p>

8. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    I hope Arenas recovers well but everytime I hear knee issues on very athletic players it makes me shiver.</p>

9. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

Great.. I drafted him in 3 leagues, and now I lose 30 bucks. Wish gil and the Wizards the best.</p>

10. d-blockrep2

d-blockrep2 Member

If I was Eddie Jordan I will be calling the rockets in regards to Steve Francis or Skip to Malo</p>

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Seems like most people are upset about losing him on their fantasy teams. Also, D-blockrep, would do you suggest that the Wizards deal for Francis, we had 9 active players tonight. Wizards still won after hearing the bad news by the way. The Bobcats may have taken us to overtime but we did get the win, I'm hoping the Wizards will continue to play at this caliber.</p>