Arenas Out 2-3 Months

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by ChicagoSportsFan, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Gilbert hurts Knee MRI at least 2 weeks out

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wizards? Arenas Injures Knee
    Posted Apr 4 2007 8:16PM
    Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook
    WASHINGTON, April 4 (AP) -- Gilbert Arenas sprained his left knee in a collision with Gerald Wallace in the first quarter of Wednesday night's game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Wallace fell into Arenas as the Bobcats forward completed an acrobatic reverse layup along the baseline late in the first quarter. The contact bent Arenas' knee awkwardly as he fell to the court.

Once he was helped to his feet, Arenas immediately left for the locker room. A team spokesman said Arenas was unlikely to return.

Arenas had been in the game less than two minutes. He did not start for the first time this season because he was late for the team's shootaround.

Arenas, the Wizards' leading scorer and three-time All-Star, was averaging 28.8 points entering Wednesday's game.

The Wizards were already playing without All-Star forward Caron Butler, who broke a bone in his hand during Sunday's loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Antonio Daniels made his first start of the season against the Bobcats. Arenas was not on the court with his teammates for the national anthem but arrived at the bench before tipoff.

It was the third starting lineup change in three games for the Wizards. Center Brendan Haywood was benched in favor of Etan Thomas on Sunday, and Jarvis Hayes has started at small forward since Butler's injury.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited</div>

This sucks for washington!

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/arenas_knee.html

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

It really does. He was benched for being late (I didn't see him out there in warm-ups), but I hope he was late for a good reason. Anyway, we looked nice out there without Gilbert. Antonio Daniels had 17 assists and made plays when they needed to be done. Etan Thomas was a monster in the paint, but the Wizards still got beat late in the game with defensive collapses, oh well.

I was shown on the Jumbotron though! [​IMG]

3. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

I blame the person who made the "Hero to Zero" thread.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas will be out two to three months with a lateral left meniscus tear in his knee. The injury will require arthroscopic surgery, which will be performed today at Sibley Memorial Hospital by team doctor Marc Connell.</div>

Link

[​IMG]

5. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

wow, no Butler for 1st and maybe 2nd round, no Arenas for playoffs.

That sucks for the Wizards.

6. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Psh...major blow. I was really hoping for a huge playoff run by you guys.

7. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Done.

No need to believe anything else.

8. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Well there go the playoffs... That's bull s**t, injuries have killed this season.

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I blame the person who made the "Hero to Zero" thread.</div>
    [​IMG] so do I.

The chances of winning in the playoffs were already slim after this non-deep team lost Butler, now Arenas goes down, it's not even funny.

10. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Wizards may not win another game this year without Arenas.

11. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Well, I'd rather lose Butler than Arenas. I think if the Wizards play together as a team, they can replace Gilbert's scoring. Of course Jamison will be heavily relied on, and Deshawn Stevenson, Antonio Daniels, and Jarvis Hayes knows they're going to need to score and produce. Losing Caron was a big hit because everyone knows he's the heart and soul of this team and more of a leader than Jamison is. His tough mentality's gonna be missed, and even with Gilbert, the Wizards couldn't get past the first round.

12. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Unfortunately this season is over for Washington. wow. That sucks.

13. Veteran Baller

Veteran Baller JBB JustBBall Member

^ its not over yet ... they still have a chance for at least the 1st round of the playoffs if they get themselves together and play as a team.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Even if the Wizards lost all 8 of their remaining games, the Pacers would have to go 7-1 just to tie them in the standings. If the playoffs started today they'd face Toronto, who is also dealing with a lot of injuries late in the season.

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Even if the Wizards lost all 8 of their remaining games, the Pacers would have to go 7-1 just to tie them in the standings. If the playoffs started today they'd face Toronto, who is also dealing with a lot of injuries late in the season.</div>

Toronto would still pwn the Wizards. Bargnani is goign to be back for the playoffs, leaving us with Garbajosa as our only injured player.

16. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Even though I really want to face Washington right now, it kind of sucks out some of the excitement heading into the playoffs. The East looked to produce some interesting series', but not so much anymore.

17. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Even if the Wizards lost all 8 of their remaining games, the Pacers would have to go 7-1 just to tie them in the standings. If the playoffs started today they'd face Toronto, who is also dealing with a lot of injuries late in the season.</div>

Toronto is only losing Bargs n Jorge, and Bargs is expected to be back sometime during the playoffs anyway. The Raptors are still winning games without them, so I'm not worried about our chances against a badly hobbled Wizards team as long as we have Bosh motivated. He's the only top 4 draftee from the '03 class that has yet to make it to the playoffs and I think he's on a mission to prove he belongs to be mentioned with the likes of Wade, Melo, etc.

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Sadly looks like all the off courst trash talking caught up to ole boy.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Karma</div>
    yup

19. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">A.F. Venom Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sadly looks like all the off courst trash talking caught up to ole boy.

yup</div>

What trash talking are you referring to exactly? He hasn't bashed other players, he just jokes around on his blogs about beating DeShawn in practice and what not. He's having fun with being in the NBA, and as long as he is getting the necessary things done for his team, what difference does it make?

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm assuming you're referencing to the times he's said he'd score 50 on the Blazers. Either way, there really is no karma involved. If anything, it's going to fuel him even more for next year.

I'll miss watching him for this year, he's a phenomenal talent.

20. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Sad to read about his lengthy stay on the injured list. This really ruins Washington's chances of any production this post season and will definitely be a blow to the team morale.