Arenas out 3 to 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Purple N Gold, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards point guard Gilbert Arenas will be sidelined three to six weeks after aggravating his abdominal injury.

Arenas was placed on the injured list before Saturday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Arenas reinjured his strained lower abdomen during Friday's 103-92 loss at Orlando. It was his sixth game back since missing 14 games over a 15-game stretch because of the injury. His play recently had dropped off noticeably from early in the season, when he was easily the Wizards' leading scorer.

On the season, Arenas is averaging 18.2 points, 5 rebounds and 4.8 assists in 20 games.

The Wizards, who have the second-worst record in the NBA, are already without guard Jerry Stackhouse, who hasn't played all season because of a knee injury.</div>

Full Article

Hate to see Arenas go down again, he has been one of my favorite players since college, wish him the best!

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

and just thought I would actually see an NBA team here. Oh well, Larry will lead the team for 3-6 weeks.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Well Kwame has severly stepped his play up with a performances of, 23, 8, 8, 17, and 14 and 13 boards...so i think he is finally getting it, as for Arenas, i knew he came back to soon, he looked like a drunken fool out on the court.

4. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Damn, man. Will he ever stay back for more than two games? He's a great player, but I actually wanna see him play...