Arenas Says He'd Score '84 Or '85 Against Coach K

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Jan 25, 2007.

1. norespect

norespect JBB gotta nuke something...

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">norespect, I think you were regurgitating Leo Rautins' rant during the Raptors game. I still think you have to take most of what Gil says with a grain of salt. He's entertaining, but when it comes down to the game, there's no doubting his desire.</div>

I don't pay attention when Leo talks. I already know what a rebound is and what traveling means. I'm talking more in terms of his taking chances on D, and leaving his team back, defending odd man rushes. He is a huge gambler on D, always lookin for the steal. He dosen't play very well positionally, and that leaves his teammates at a disadvantage. We also have to talk about team mentality.....if you had some guy saying I am gonna do this and I am gonna do that, it woun't make you feel like a big part of the team. Butler and Jamison are big parts of this team. You wouldn't know it listening to Gilbert. And the whole vote for Gilbert T-shirt, what a ***.

This was brought to my attention when i saw an interview with Arenas wearing a "Vote for Gilbert" t-shirt. Have some class. And thanks Chutney, I think I have a brain and I can come up with some of my own thoughts. I think i've proved that her by now.

2. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

^I guess you conveniently forgot to read Og's post. You may not like Gil, and you may think he's unclassy, but nobody has more desire to win than this guy. He'll do whatever it takes to win. He may not be as classy as Bosh, but he's definitely got more heart than him, and I've got to respect that.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm talking more in terms of his taking chances on D, and leaving his team back, defending odd man rushes. He is a huge gambler on D, always lookin for the steal. He dosen't play very well positionally, and that leaves his teammates at a disadvantage.</div>
    Like I said, the teams defensive philosophy is not good, Arenas is just a small part of it. How did you think Hughes led the league in steals in 04-05, Eddie Jordan was a steal getting man himself, he doesn't condemn the matador defense, and his defensive philosophies are weak.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">if you had some guy saying I am gonna do this and I am gonna do that, it woun't make you feel like a big part of the team. Butler and Jamison are big parts of this team. You wouldn't know it listening to Gilbert. And the whole vote for Gilbert T-shirt, what a ***.</div>
    ...and the team is clearly suffering from it right?

Kinda like when Gil said Caron should be an All-Star, or when Gil was talking about how he got ballots and was punching in himself, Larry Hughes and Jamison into the ballots, yea, they feel really bad about it. Also him talking about scoring 85 on Coach K has nothing to do with Caron and Jamison, it's a hypothetical situation in the first place. Secondly, the Wizards play a pace where people get their shots, and outside of Kwame Brown who just didn't like Arenas, when you can find that teammate that complains about Gilbert's (even when they were losing) on court play, or even off-court antics, you come and inform us all.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kinda like when Gil said Caron should be an All-Star, or when Gil was talking about how he got ballots and was punching in himself, Larry Hughes and Jamison into the ballots, yea, they feel really bad about it. Also him talking about scoring 85 on Coach K has nothing to do with Caron and Jamison, it's a hypothetical situation in the first place. Secondly, the Wizards play a pace where people get their shots, and outside of Kwame Brown who just didn't like Arenas, when you can find that teammate that complains about Gilbert's (even when they were losing) on court play, or even off-court antics, you come and inform us all.</div>
    Never really understood this one. Didn't he say he felt like smacking him or something? Why did he dislike Gilbert?

5. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

^I didn't get it either, especially since Gil was the one who stood up for Kwame and pleaded with the crowd not to boo him.

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Never really understood this one. Didn't he say he felt like smacking him or something? Why did he dislike Gilbert?</div>
    EJ's offense is perimeter oriented, and Kwame didn't feel he was getting enough touches, I know that was one thing. I really can't remember the details of it anymore though, I know Kwame got angry that he wasn't getting shots, and I think said Arenas was shooting too much, so Arenas had a game against the Raptors where he didn't shoot till like crunch time where he hit a big three.