Arenas Will Opt Out in 2008

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by GArenas, Jun 9, 2007.

1. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 10 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's doing this to create more options not to get the best possible offer.. He's said it more than once that he doesn't need 10 mil a year.</div>He wouldn't be opting out if he didn't want more that he was making now! That doesn't make sense. He wants more money! Read the article! I love how fans of certain players are always blind...<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrBigShot_23 @ Jun 10 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1 year from now, we could be looking at a completely different Pistons team that has more cap space, if Chauncey and Sheed are gone.I think its more about contending then money for Agent Zero.</div>He said this has nothing to do with the state of the team if you read the article. It's a business decision, which means MONEY.

2. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

No he means it dosent have to do with the state of HIS TEAM. Meaning, this isnt about the Wizards not being able to contend, he just wants to see what offers are going to be on the table.

3. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrBigShot_23 @ Jun 10 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No he means it dosent have to do with the state of HIS TEAM. Meaning, this isnt about the Wizards not being able to contend, he just wants to see what offers are going to be on the table.</div>Listen. Arenas is opting out because he wants more money. It says it has nothing to do with the direction the team is heading. He wants a long term deal making a lot of money to support his family which includes his two newborns. He's said he wants to maximize his earnings! How much more clear does that get.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 10 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen. Arenas is opting out because he wants more money. It says it has nothing to do with the direction the team is heading. He wants a long term deal making a lot of money to support his family which includes his two newborns. He's said he wants to maximize his earnings! How much more clear does that get.</div>Has Gilbert Arenas told you that himself? That it was all about the benjamins? How much more stupid and ignorant can you get? Just because he's opting out for "business" reasons, doesn't mean he's leaving for money, you f*cking twat. Have you followed Gilbert Arenas and his requests for Ernie Grunfeld to build a championship team? Or are you just trying to impress all the wannabes who aren't going to get anywhere in the f*cking Sports media world like BCB and CB here, because it's not working. Lemme make this clear though, Gilbert Arenas said before he would take a paycut, you know, that means he would play for less money, so it would help Ernie Grunfeld bring in better value players. It's not Latrell f*cking Sprewell, no one needs a maximum contract to feed his family. Are you an idiot? A family could live off like 100k per year or so.

5. TigerTaylor

No, he hasn't told me that himself, but I've read quotes from him, so how that makes me ignorant? I don't know. He clearly says he wants to maximize his earnings. So lighten up and pull Arenas' dick out of your mouth and read. I have actually followed Arenas. I know that last summer he said he would opt out if the Wizards didn't put a team together to contend. I know that! But since then, he's had 2 kids and his whole situation has changed. He's said he wants more money. The Wiz have finally put a good team around him and they are one big man away from actually making some runs. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I could care less about what BCB thinks about me.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"I'm going to opt out and consider some other teams next year," Arenas said in a telephone interview. "I want to test the market and test my value."</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"I have children now and I want to make the right decision for them," Arenas said. "I am not going to have my legs forever, but I have them right now. At the end of the day, I might as well capitalize on everything I can while I have the legs to do it. "I'm not opting out to leave. I'm opting out to sign." If Arenas did sign an extension this summer, the first season under the extension would be in the $13 million range with annual raises. However, by opting out next summer, Arenas -- viewed by most as a maximum-deal player -- would begin the first year of his contract earning more than $14 million.</div>LinkThere is some ignorance for you right there.

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 10 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen. Arenas is opting out because he wants more money. It says it has nothing to do with the direction the team is heading. He wants a long term deal making a lot of money to support his family which includes his two newborns. He's said he wants to maximize his earnings! How much more clear does that get.</div>
    You're just getting on my nerves now. You haven't followed the Wizards for hte past couple of years and it shows by your comments. Arenas wants a long term deal, the reason he's opting out is to see offers from other teams. It's to make sure that the Wizards don't decide to rebuild like the Lakers did.

If Arenas cared so much about cash why would he take paycuts for us to sign free agents? As Ming said, why would he request Ernie to make a championship team?

Besides Gilbert makes way more money from Addidas than a NBA contract.

Cmon now, I never sounding ignorant or mean in my argument w/ you, don't reply like an ***hole.

BTW you don't think we haven't read quotes from him? I think Wizards fans know their franchise player way better than you do.

The point of opting, Rok, is to see other team's offers. Not the price but the team's position.

7. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The point of opting, Rok, is to see other team's offers. Not the price but the team's position.</div>So money has nothing to do with it.

8. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 10 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're just getting on my nerves now. You haven't followed the Wizards for hte past couple of years and it shows by your comments. Arenas wants a long term deal, the reason he's opting out is to see offers from other teams. It's to make sure that the Wizards don't decide to rebuild like the Lakers did.</div>How have my comments proven that? I've said numerous times I know about him telling Wizard's management last summer he would opt out if he sees the Wizards aren't heading in the right direction. I have kept up with Arenas. But, when he said that, it was before he had 2 kids. Also, I wasn't trying to be an ***hole, sorry if I came off that way.But anyway, I'm standing by what I've said. I think Arenas does want to be on a contending team, but I still think he wants to max out his deal.

9. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

[quote name='GrizzFanTaylor' post='377386' date='Jun 10 2007, 05:22 PM']No, he hasn't told me that himself, but I've read quotes from him, so how that makes me ignorant? I don't know. He clearly says he wants to maximize his earnings. So lighten up and pull Arenas' dick out of your mouth and read.[/quote]Oh yeah, you're so cool. Everyone watch out for the Grizzfan, before he goes e-Hard on you guys.
    For sh*t's christ, who the F*ck needs 3-4 million extra dollars a year to support 2 babies? The last time I checked, pampers cost like 4 or 5 dollars? Little gerber food cost about a dollar a jar?
    Hello? He's earning 13 million if he doesn't opt out and if you re-read the article, he clearly states he wants to stay put for 1 team.Name 1 other team that is able to give him a 6 year deal? NO-ONE, only the Wizards can give him a 6 year deal, therefore giving him more money, a better f*cking direction than any other lottery team, and him to STAY PUT
    Hello? Since when was money everything in life? You do not need a million dollars to support 2 f*cking infants. Capitalizing on everything for Arenas means that he wants to stay put for 1 team and WIN.

10. TigerTaylor

[quote name='Ming637' post='377425' date='Jun 10 2007, 04:46 PM']Oh yeah, you're so cool. Everyone watch out for the Grizzfan, before he goes e-Hard on you guys.[/quote]Oh, so it's only cool when you throw out disses? My bad, I forgot you're the coolest guy on the internet.
    I'm not agreeing that he needs a lot of extra money to support them, but that's what he's using as an excuse. Superstars treat their kids like superstars.
    You're making my point for me. I've been trying to say that he wants the longest deal possible with the most money. Thank you.
    And capitalize his earnings...Anyway, I'm done on this topic. Sorry for whoever I may have lashed out on. I promise I'm not a jerk. I'm standing by what I've said the whole time.

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 10 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How have my comments proven that? I've said numerous times I know about him telling Wizard's management last summer he would opt out if he sees the Wizards aren't heading in the right direction. I have kept up with Arenas. But, when he said that, it was before he had 2 kids.

Also, I wasn't trying to be an ***hole, sorry if I came off that way.

But anyway, I'm standing by what I've said. I think Arenas does want to be on a contending team, but I still think he wants to max out his deal.</div>
    When he made those comments he already had one kid. And also he repeated his desire for Ernie to create championship team right after we got swept.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 10 2007, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh, so it's only cool when you throw out disses? My bad, I forgot you're the coolest guy on the internet.</div>Nah, that award goes to BCB. :worthy: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not agreeing that he needs a lot of extra money to support them, but that's what he's using as an excuse. Superstars treat their kids like superstars.</div>Extra money? Do you not see that leaving Washington can earn him the same amount, if not, even more money?<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You're making my point for me. I've been trying to say that he wants the longest deal possible with the most money.</div>Damn, you're an idiot. I've been trying to say the whole time that that with Washington, he can get more. Why the hell could he get more money elsewhere while getting to the same point Washington is right now?

13. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

I think Ming and GArenas have pretty much proved you wrong Grizzfan (or whatever). Sure money is part of it but its not the whole thing, and your ignorant if you believe that. Arenas just wants to test the market, and see what potential teams he could go for. He wants to be with a contender.

14. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Jun 10 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nah, that award goes to BCB. :worthy: Extra money? Do you not see that leaving Washington can earn him the same amount, if not, even more money?Damn, you're an idiot. I've been trying to say the whole time that that with Washington, he can get more. Why the hell could he get more money elsewhere while getting to the same point Washington is right now?</div>How am I an idiot? I've been saying the same exact things you have then. Guys, the point I have been trying to prove the whole time is that, Arenas wants to contend, but he also wants more money, because I saw someone else said he would take a paycut. I know he can get the most money in Washington because they can offer him the most, and I know he will probably resign with Washington. So, I don't see where I am an idiot (Ming) or where I got proved wrong (Mr. Big Shot).Why do we have to be so mean to each other? [​IMG]

15. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Oh yeah, you're so cool. Everyone watch out for the Grizzfan, before he goes e-Hard on you guys.</div> [​IMG] Reading through the whole topic, you were the first and only who resorted to using cussing and name calling. Hypocrite? I would say yes.

16. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrBigShot_23 @ Jun 10 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Ming and GArenas have pretty much proved you wrong Grizzfan (or whatever). Sure money is part of it but its not the whole thing, and your ignorant if you believe that. Arenas just wants to test the market, and see what potential teams he could go for. He wants to be with a contender.</div>I'm gonna have to side with GFT on this one. He never claimed that Arenas wanted to leave only for money. He clearly stated that he thought that Arenas was not sure of the Wizards direction and that he was trying to test the market.I actually think it's all about money, though. If it were about championships, he wouldn't do it, especially not this early. If he leaves for some other team where he think he has a better shot, then that's different. That doesn't sound like the intent, though.

17. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 10 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm gonna have to side with GFT on this one. He never claimed that Arenas wanted to leave only for money. He clearly stated that he thought that Arenas was not sure of the Wizards direction and that he was trying to test the market.I actually think it's all about money, though. If it were about championships, he wouldn't do it, especially not this early. If he leaves for some other team where he think he has a better shot, then that's different. That doesn't sound like the intent, though.</div>Thanks Justice.Finally someone backs me up.I know Arenas wants to contend, but saying money has nothing to do with it is just plain wrong.

18. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 10 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm gonna have to side with GFT on this one. He never claimed that Arenas wanted to leave only for money. He clearly stated that he thought that Arenas was not sure of the Wizards direction and that he was trying to test the market.

I actually think it's all about money, though. If it were about championships, he wouldn't do it, especially not this early. If he leaves for some other team where he think he has a better shot, then that's different. That doesn't sound like the intent, though.</div>
    If it's all about money, then why would he have taken a paycut for the Wizards to sign free agents?

If it's all about money, why would he have talked to Ernie Grunfield about making a great squad?

It doesn't fit in to what Gilbert has said over the past 2 years for this to be all about money. Besides why does Gilbert need money, he gets way more money from his shoe deals and NBA live than his NBA contract. Of course you can't sign him to like 20$ a year but he doesn't need or want a Latrell Sprewel type deal.

19. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 10 2007, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If it's all about money, then why would he have taken a paycut for the Wizards to sign free agents? If it's all about money, why would he have talked to Ernie Grunfield about making a great squad?It doesn't fit in to what Gilbert has said over the past 2 years for this to be all about money. Besides why does Gilbert need money, he gets way more money from his shoe deals and NBA live than his NBA contract. Of course you can't sign him to like 20$ a year but he doesn't need or want a Latrell Sprewel type deal.</div>Why don't you ask your boy? He's the guy who is going out there to, and I quote, "test the market and test [his] value." I don't think you get it, so I'll bold what we are trying to communicate.Gilbert Arenas said with his own mouth that he is trying to see if he can get more money.How much more dumbed down can it get?

20. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 11 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why don't you ask your boy? He's the guy who is going out there to, and I quote, "test the market and test [his] value." I don't think you get it, so I'll bold what we are trying to communicate.

Gilbert Arenas said with his own mouth that he is trying to see if he can get more money.

How much more dumbed down can it get?</div>
    Testing your value, and seeing how much teams need you does not mean he wants more money. He could just want to see how much he is worth.