Arenas Will Opt Out in 2008

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by GArenas, Jun 9, 2007.

1. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Wiz have offered a maximum three-year extension worth around $50 million, and that would kick in at the conclusion of his current contract. But Arenas said it would be a wiser business decision to opt out because he will be eligible to sign a maximum six-year deal worth $90 million-$100 million next summer.</div>LinkPlease, try to tell me it doesn't have anything to do with the money now. Yes, he wants to contend, but he also wants more money.I see where Arenas is coming from, and it does make sense. One of the reasons he has changed his mind from taking a paycut, is because he suffered his first serious injury this season. That changes a player whole train of thought. Now, he wants something he can back up on if some serious injury did happen again.

2. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 11 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Testing your value, and seeing how much teams need you does not mean he wants more money. He could just want to see how much he is worth.</div>Do you even know what "worth" means? "Market," "value," and "worth" are all terms having to do with what a person or group of people would be willing to give up in order to get something (or in this case, someone). I don't know what you're even trying to say anymore. Stop being asinine. Most, actually no, every team in the league uses money to get players. What the hell else would he be talking about when he's talking about testing value and the market?As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words. I honestly don't care too much what he said a year ago. What he is doing will be much more important to me.

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

I am mistaken, he has changed his opinion after a second child's birth and the knee injury. My bad, bring on the ridicule.

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Jun 10 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Or are you just trying to impress all the wannabes who aren't going to get anywhere in the f*cking Sports media world like BCB and CB here, because it's not working.</div>
    Ming, I love how you try to take shots at me and BCB every chance you get, and every time you do it, it's random and doesn't make sense. You're so immature, it's not even funny, and I'm probably immature for even responding to this.

5. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 12 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am mistaken, he has changed his opinion after a second child's birth and the knee injury. My bad, bring on the ridicule.</div>No, I'm not going to bash you or anything, I'm not like that. I wasn't mad at you. It was Ming I was losing my cool with for throwing out all those unnessecary disses. This just shows that even the best can be wrong... [​IMG]

6. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 12 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am mistaken, he has changed his opinion after a second child's birth and the knee injury. My bad, bring on the ridicule.</div>I didn't say it made sense. Jesus, it's what HE said. I didn't say it.

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 12 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, I'm not going to bash you or anything, I'm not like that. I wasn't mad at you. It was Ming I was losing my cool with for throwing out all those unnessecary disses. This just shows that even the best can be wrong... [​IMG]</div>My bad too, I saw it your way and it made sense.And Celticballer, you're 40 years old...do something with your life.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And Celticballer, you're 40 years old...do something with your life.</div>I believe he's in his teens and not his 40s.

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Jun 12 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And Celticballer, you're 40 years old...do something with your life.</div>
    40... 18... same thing.