Arizona lands '08 recruit Brandon Jennings

Discussion in 'College Recruiting and Prospects' started by NYCfinest123, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

He is like Cory Williams.

EDIT: My bad on the name!

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 26 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is like Corliss Williamson.</div>

[​IMG] What?

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 26 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 26 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is like Cory Williams.</div>

[​IMG] What?
    </div>

Oh, he was a player who tried to make the Nuggets. He is a street ball player who thought he could play NBA ball. He had like 12 turnovers in like summer league games.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

You're watching the McDonalds Allstar Game right? I was flipping through channels and I got a chance to watch a couple of his plays. He's lightning quick, and he's throwing some nice dishes out there. They were saying that he will probably break the assist record for the game. I don't really know much about him, since this is the first time I've seen him play, but I think he has a chance to become something special

5. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 26 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 26 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 26 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is like Cory Williams.</div>

[​IMG] What?
    </div>

Oh, he was a player who tried to make the Nuggets. He is a street ball player who thought he could play NBA ball. He had like 12 turnovers in like summer league games.
    </div>

Well you said Corliss Williamson at first, so that threw me off. [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're watching the McDonalds Allstar Game right? I was flipping through channels and I got a chance to watch a couple of his plays. He's lightning quick, and he's throwing some nice dishes out there. They were saying that he will probably break the assist record for the game. I don't really know much about him, since this is the first time I've seen him play, but I think he has a chance to become something special</div>

Yeah I'm watching it, and I don't think he has been impressive at all for the reasons I mentioned in the opening post. He just dances around with the ball trying to make a highlight every single possession. Sure it's an All-Star game, but it doesn't matter. Even from the videos I've seen of him before this game - he does the same thing.

I think he's gonna struggle mightily in college next year. He'll put up numbers, but I'm very skeptical at the assumption that he's going to be a great point guard. In the Rucker Park league, sure. Real basketball? We'll see...

6. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

he's the real deal, and has a side of flash to him, he's just a showman by nature, nothing wrong with that.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.

7. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

I remember in a AAU tournament, I got a chance to watch this dude, and the only thing he seemed concern about was trying to embaress the dude who was gaurding him, and when something didn't go his way, he'd cry his ass off.

8. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY @ Mar 27 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

he's the real deal, and has a side of flash to him, he's just a showman by nature, nothing wrong with that.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.</div>

It's not the fact that he's a showmen. It's that he tries to combine a crossover, between the leg dribble, hop step, side-skip, and no-look pass into one play each time he gets his hands on the ball. He just seems "too street ball" for my liking.

9. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 27 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY @ Mar 27 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.</div>

It's not the fact that he's a showmen. It's that he tries to combine a crossover, between the leg dribble, hop step, side-skip, and no-look pass into one play each time he gets his hands on the ball. He just seems "too street ball" for my liking.
    </div>

methink it depends on his maturtiy level. he has the talent, but needs to balance the showman skills with actual basketball game at this point.

but are you only basing this off of the mcdonalds game, because it's pretty much a showcase game that means nothing to these kids from a basketball standpoint.

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I just want to say that Brandon's hair in that McDonald's game was the COOLEST.

11. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY @ Mar 27 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 27 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY @ Mar 27 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

</div>

methink it depends on his maturtiy level. he has the talent, but needs to balance the showman skills with actual basketball game at this point.

but are you only basing this off of the mcdonalds game, because it's pretty much a showcase game that means nothing to these kids from a basketball standpoint.
    </div>

I've seen other videos and 2 condensed game highlight films, just seems too "I'm gonna break his ankles here" on every possession. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure he'll learn to tone it down at the college level, but from the little that I've seen this is my observation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Mar 27 2008, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I just want to say that Brandon's hair in that McDonald's game was the COOLEST.</div>

I'll give him that. That was sick.

12. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 26 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone else hate this kid's game? He is 100% about flash and looking good rather than actually being a point guard and/or playing the game of basketball. On every single touch, he dances with the ball and looks to wow the crowd with a dribble and/or throw a boneheaded no-look pass. He is a street ball player, not a basketball player. I'm pretty convinced that he'll average at least 14 turnovers per game next year in college.</div>

Its an All-Star game...

You dont get named National Player of the Year by three different publications without being good without the flash.

13. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Plus hes going to have Lute Olsen coaching him. How can you go wrong