AROUND THE NBA - April/Playoffs

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Strenuus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Do you understand the difference between "They've played better every single time without Dwight." and an 11 game sample size? Yeah, in 11 games this year, HOU was 7-4 without Dwight. That is hardly a statistically relevant sample size and certainly does not equate to "every single time". Of those 7 wins, 4 of them were against lottery teams, games they should have won with, or without Howard. So, again, the sample size was pretty meaningless, and not worthy of your "every single time" claim.

Really? You kinda did...

Not sure why that's funny, but it seems different than what I remember. I remember Magic and Laker fans both wanted to keep Howard, until after he left then they were butt hurt and bitter. That was especially true of the Laker fans, they couldn't believe someone would spurn them and go elsewhere. They were exceptionally vitriolic after Howard left. Typical sour grapes.

I'll skip the rest as you've said the same thing 100 times. I'll summarize:

Harden == God
    Howard == shit

Rockets win, Harden gets the credit.
    Rockets lose, Howard gets the blame.

BNM

dviss1 and Red Rooster like this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I think the Rockets forum is down the hall second door on the left....nice to have visitors but I think it's played out now....Superbeard...I'm sure you're a huge Harden fan and good luck with that...Go Blazers!

dviss1 likes this.
  3. Superbeard

Superbeard Active Member

Yes, against Lottery teams, you should see some of the teams they've lost to with Dwight. Your point? The Rockets do not miss Dwight when he goes out of the lineup. This is a fact. Your stats proved that Dwight, the super max contract player isn't missed by his team when he sits out games. "Marginally better" lol no.

do I need to bring out the Artest, Nash, Reddick quotes again? Fact is people are happy when Howard goes. The Lakers and Magic may have wanted him back but the tune of the fans was very very different.

Your every post on this is.

Harden == Shit

Rockets win - Harden had nothing to do with it.
    Rockets lose - all Harden's fault.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

No....wrong..the post says I DON'T LIKE HARDEN...and you keep trying to sell us on him....ain't going to happen. He has talent but he's not a great player to me and probably most folks around here. I'm sure DHoward is a douchebag as well.

5. Boob-No-More

How is this remotely relevant???? They lost to those same teams with Harden, but somehow it's all Dwight's fault? I don't follow your reasoning.

No, my "stats" don't prove any such thing. Marginally better is still better.

Enjoy your summer...

BNM

dviss1 likes this.
  6. Superbeard

Superbeard Active Member

That's wrong, I don't care if people hate Harden. I really don't. People hated Kobe, hated Jordan, hated Hakeem. I really don't care who fans decide to hate. I'm sure all throughout the year you guys said terrible things about him and yes on the Rockets forum many would say bad things about Lillard or any opposing player (But I never see it as that bad).

I'm just handing out the facts man. Harden is bestowed awards by his peers and others around him but I'm to believe he's worse than players that have yet to receive these awards. No. I wouldn't call Harden better than Wade, or Kobe because it's just as silly to say. Just my outlook on it.

7. Superbeard

Superbeard Active Member

Seems pretty simple doesn't it. You said that it was a small sample size and against lottery teams...as if they would have won any ways against those Lottery teams with Dwight. That is wrong.

Also, marginally better is still better? You sound like the Rocket fan that thinks Harden was better than Hakeem because of a set a "stats" that prove he was marginally better. Realize how silly that sounds. If I were to task you with finding one Rocket fan that wanted Dwight back on the team you'd be digging through forums all day as I haven't found a single Rocket fan that wants him back in any capacity, even on a small contract.

Edit: If you want to get into advanced statistics then be my guest. They will show you that Harden during his time with Howard has a much larger and positive impact on the team success. Which shouldn't be a surprise. Harden is always high on the list with win shares and other advanced stats.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Mental faults are basketball IQ problems. Effort isn't the same. Effort is a decision. He decides not to play hard.
    You're leader plays star minutes and complains about it because he gets worn down by being the ball dominant player that he decides to be.

Sounds like he should be coming off the bench for a team that's actually good...

9. Superbeard

Superbeard Active Member

Disagree there, if you are tired then your effort will look like tired effort. I mean Harden would play entire halves of ball and get not a single minute of rest. You call it star minutes and I call it something else. He's played 300 more minutes than the next player...

He doesn't decide to be the ball dominant player. Have you seen Ariza, Terry, Beverly handle this responsibility? Harden wanted Lawson and while outsiders think he scared Lawson away or something you'll have to hear Lawson's own words on it. He wasn't aggressive at all and that's in his own words that he needed to be aggressive and take on more but he never really did for whatever reason. Rockets tried everything, including playing him with Harden off the floor. Basketball is plenty mental and he lost his confidence somewhere along the way and who knows if he's going to get it back. It's not exactly working out well in Indy either.

I know some will roll their eyes and won't just see this as a Rocket fan that never misses their games on it take. I'm sure someone will find a way to say that it was Harden's fault without probably having even watched 3 of their games together. Harden, the team, practically begged Lawson to attack. He didn't want to. Many times he'd get the ball and just pass it to whoever and he seemed scared to shoot. I'm blaming Lawson for this and him only. The Rockets really tried things with him and nothing ever worked.

With that said I'm out. You guys though get in Michael Bennett or something to teach your players how to swim and rip, you are going to need it against your next match-up. I'm out!

10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

11. Boob-No-More

Well, other than the ~12 minutes per half when the other team had the ball.

BNM

3RA1N1AC, dviss1 and julius like this.
  12. kingslayer

kingslayer Well-Known Member

OKC is getting slaughtered yikes

13. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

KD leaving town

14. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

This is just madness.....

15. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Well, I guess Aldridge got settled in... (25 points in the first half)

I'm actually enjoying watching him do well. I understand many of you will never reach that point, so this must be painful.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  16. Boob-No-More

Yeah, never really got into the Aldridge hate myself. I'd really enjoy seeing SAS sweep OKC and blow them out in every game. I want Durant to leave so that stolen franchise crashes and burns.

BNM

PDXFonz likes this.
  17. Boob-No-More

Jeezus, Aldridge 38 points on 18-23 shooting. Yeah, that guys sucks. Just like he sucked in Games 1 and 2 against HOU two years ago.

Seriously, Ibaka could never guard him. Because he's a good weak side shot blocker, Ibaka has an undeserved reputation as a good defender, when in fact, he's a horrible 1-on-1 defender against big, strong power forwards. OKC used to resort to putting Perkins on Aldridge because Ibaka couldn't guard him.

BNM

dviss1 and e_blazer like this.
  18. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Damn San Antonio.

19. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

It's Miller time!!!

20. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

This guys passes are always on point, and he just turned 40 in March. If it can't be us, I hope its him.