Around the NBA - August 2017 Edition

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Aug 1, 2017.

1. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

I think the most realistic option would be a bigger package from SAS that includes LA going to CLE and then us getting involved in a three team trade with CLE and NYK.

2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I think LA is still the same player he was with us. His numbers have gone down because of Pop and the system he runs.

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

He's 32, you don't think.his declining?

His first year in San Antonio, he took less shots than in Portland, which resulted in higher quality shots and the best TS% if his career (56.5%). Last year, his TS% was below his career average, even though he was still taking higher quality shots than he was in Portland. His TRB% was also the worst of his career.

He was already average in terms of efficiency in Portland anyway, and now he's worse than that while sitting easier shots, and he's regressed to being an average rebounder to go along with his average defense.

So no, he's not the same player, and his numbers haven't gone down because of Pop's system.

Chris Craig and Orion Bailey like this.
  4. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    There is no way LA has close to enough value for ivring. They were shopping him for a quality lottery pick and no one would even offer that.

Chris Craig and BonesJones like this.
  5. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

My gf just told me that it has rained in Tokyo each of the first 16 days of August for the first time since '77 so basically championship.

Orion Bailey, riverman, RR7 and 5 others like this.
  6. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

The problem with LMA is his ego and attitude. In my mind him playing for Pop could have gone either way because of his thin skin. Pop does not hold back on any player for very long if he doesn't like what you are doing. His criticism of LMA has not motivated him....He could be the same player this next year as he was in Portland but it looks like he needs yet another new team.

7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  8. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Words can't describe how hyped I am for this

9. BonesJones

Why would Cleveland swap Kyrie for Melo and Love for Aldridge? Both are downgrades and makes them worse without young pieces coming to them that they covet for Kyrie.

Portland would be killed on the wing too. I'd still probably do it but there'd need to be a follow up trade because Bertans isn't a SF, he's a PF, and can't play on the perimeter as a SF. We'd have to replace Harkless and Crabbe somehow.

Fuck any trade with the Spurs improving by that much.

10. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Evan Turner and Pat Connaughton

11. BonesJones

Turners already in the rotation.. So say you start Turner at SF, who's the wings off the bench?

12. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

HUUUUUGE shock who the Blazers' teammate of the year is. Never would have guessed it.

Interesting (to me) to see how many of the players selected as teammate of the year for their teams have either already been traded or are on the block.

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

LeBron James speaks out on Charlottesville tragedy
    Tom Withers | The Associated Press

Aug 15, 2017 10:47 PM ET

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- LeBron James swiped at President Trump on Tuesday, calling him the "so-called president" while calling for unity in light of the Charlottesville tragedy.

Speaking on stage to students, parents and families connected to his foundation at the end of a daylong event at Cedar Point Amusement Park, James said he wanted to spend a moment addressing the weekend's violent protests, where a woman was killed.

"I know there's a lot of tragic things happening in Charlottesville (Virginia)," James said. "I just want to speak on it right now. I have this platform and I'm somebody that has a voice of command and the only way for us to get better as a society and for us to get better as people is love. And that's the only way we're going to be able to conquer something as one. It's not about the guy that's the so-called president of the United States, or whatever the case."

Earlier in the day, the NBA superstar blasted Trump on Twitter after the president appeared to equate the actions of white supremacists and those protesting them.

James has been outspoken on his political beliefs in the past, and he took advantage of his first public appearance since the NBA Finals to call out Trump's actions.

"It's not about a teacher that you don't feel like cares about what's going on with you every day," James continued. "It's not about people that you just don't feel like want to give the best energy and effort to you. It's about us. It's about us looking in the mirror. Kids all the way up to the adults. All of us looking in the mirror and saying, `What can we do better to help change?' And if we can all do that and give 110 percent, then that's all you can ask for.

"So, shout out to the innocent people in Charlottesville (Virginia) and shout out to everybody across the world that just want to be great and just want to love. Thank you, and I love you all."

James was joined on stage by his three children, singers Usher and Jordin Sparks, who performed during the event, and Cavaliers teammate J.R. Smith.

James flew to New York earlier Tuesday to play in pickup games with Warriors star Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.

illmatic99 likes this.
  14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Carmelo to CLE confirmed!

Chris Craig likes this.
  15. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Or James to Golden State next year. If he played center on that team, he could catch and pass Jordan for titles won. ;)

dviss1 likes this.
  16. Cippy91

I wish I knew everything this guy was saying the whole ride. This was great.

theprunetang likes this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

18. Cippy91

Gross

19. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

That Raptors/Hawks logo is 10/10!

20. Cippy91