Around the NBA - Conference Finals

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, May 8, 2018.

?

Who will face off in the NBA finals?

Poll closed May 13, 2018.
  1. Houston and Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Houston and Cleveland

4.0%
  3. Golden State and Boston

8.0%
  4. Golden State and Cleveland

88.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Somewhere in Houston tonight is Houston gronk demanding Morey and D'Antoni's head. :bgrin:

bodyman5000 and 1 and hoopsjock like this.
  2. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I hate how many games in the playoffs are just blow outs. It’s the conference finals and the games still aren’t competitive it’s just taking turns blowing the team out... Yup I’m just whining but I wish there a lot more tight games it’s getting kind of old that there is no point in watching the 4th quarters of most of these games...

trailblazer18 likes this.
  3. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

It feels predictable at times. That's why I had no interest in watching game 3 of the ECF because it basically went exactly like I thought it would: Cavs start off with a big lead and never look back. Game 4 I predict will be close at first, but slowly but surely, the Cavs (I'm sorry, I mean the Lebrons) will pull away.

BonesJones likes this.
  4. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    At least personally when the games aren’t even close it’s just hard to watch when I don’t have a rooting interest. I pretty much only cheer for the Blazers but I enjoy good basketball too, but these games are just ugly...

5. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

When watching these blowouts year in and year out in the playoffs I always think to myself “this can’t be good for the league” but every year the ratings just get better. I don’t get it.

bodyman5000 and 1 and BonesJones like this.
  6. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I guess people watch in hopes GS loses? Or something I don’t know. My dad has always been a huge basketball fan, but the last few years once the Blazers are out he’s off to other things. I try to keep watching because I just like basketball but these are boring games...

7. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

What a boring conference finals it's been on both sides.

8. BonesJones

True. Move them to Seattle.

9. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

So instead of trading CJ to shake things up you would rather move the team to Seattle... wow

10. BonesJones

Lmao... Kingspeed said that if LeBron leaves that Cleveland will "rebuild around Hood", which is false, because Hood isn't even good enough to start for them. I said no, and you replied by saying last time they "replaced LeBron with Hickson"....

"LeBron doesn't have a position"... fine, then define them by play style. Do you think Hickson and LeBron play anything alike? Hickson was not a LeBron replacement. He took the most shots by default, because of how bad that team was after LeBron left. That doesn't mean they were building around Hickson as a centerpiece... Hell, they traded him for Omri freakin' Caspi less than a year later. It's comparable between players of the same level. PG and CJ are both wings, and both near the same level, and both would have a similar role in the offense. None of those things are comparable between Hickson and LeBron...

So in what context did "Hickson replaced LeBron", and how does that mean the Cavaliers are going to rebuild around Hood?

11. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

It really is weird. Everyone I know says the same thing. Who the hell is comprising the great ratings?

12. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

At least for the Conference Finals, this Celtics team is the only one I don't need to root against. These games are ugly for reasons proved in the past: Celtics seem to suck on the road, the Rockets are led by a player who people have been debating if he should win MVP yet disappears as his team is getting blown out by the Warriors, the only team it seems that has this uncanny ability to activate a scoring run in the blink of an eye when they play at home.

13. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Just in time to watch the third quarter.....

14. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Fiiiixxxeed

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You're fishing....my point was post Lebron they gave a non superstar the ball.....wouldn't shock me to see them do it again...not Hood though. and as far as what's comparable....you don't have the market cornered on opinions...I was talking about who gets the shots. please....offer your opinions without repeating mine back to me....that'd be a start.

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Good for him...so what? Not what I said.....nor do I happen to agree with it. If I did I'd have that conversation with him.

17. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I just think it's all because of the super team problem. I would like to see a hard cap. I would like to see limitations on what teams can pay players and how players can "trade themselves". I would like to see incentives for players to stay on the team that drafted them like heavier restrictions on free agency.
    I would also like to take away the ability for teams to tank. making it more of a crap shoot to get the #1 pick.

RickyJoe and riverman like this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

amen.....#michaeljordansaddleduswiththisshit

kjironman1 likes this.
  19. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    It’s a players league though and most of those things they wouldn’t be in favor of.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'd like to see every team required to have its own minor league farm team and be able to bring any player from the minors to the majors anytime or send them down...it should also change how much they are paid...the cap should be higher...now teams should be able to pay 6 players 20 million apiece and still have enough to fill out a roster...the luxury tax is making us move toward superstars in 3s moving around chasing rings...NBA players don't make as much as many athletes make in some other sports. Owners are being penalized for investing in the best players mostly because of the cap. Times have changed...I think it needs to get a big bump....the money is there already..the NBA isn't struggling by any stretch

BonesJones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.