Around the NBA: Feb. 2017

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KeepOnRollin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

He's also a fucking asshole. So there's that.

riverman and Nate like this.
  2. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Also this from tonight.

3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This why the NBA gets it wrong when it comes to technical fouls, intentional fouls, and flagrant fouls. That's an unsportsmanlike foul which is simply a Tech. He already had one T prior. He should have been booted from the game for that play.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

To me it's 6 guys...not just the first four but I add Turner and Aminu....why get rid of your best defenders..?

5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

But here's the thing:

What people don't understand about referees is that we prevent fights every game. That's basically our job. Make sure that these people play sportsmanlike basketball. Because, a basketball game is what everybody came to see. To achieve that goal, you have to make sure that you put the proper whistle on illegal contact. If you don't, the kids will fight. AND, it will be your fault.

The referee could've prevented Russell's unsportsmanlike conduct.

Seth Curry gets away with a LOT of pushing on that play and gains an advantage from it because he gets free and even has a set screen. He's gonna hit that shot. Had the referee called the push there would have been no foul by Russell (unless he just decided to be the asshole that he is and pushed Harrison Barnes anyway). Maybe you prevent it, maybe you don't. But he literally shoves Westbrook with both hands and I don't know anyone who likes that. My point is the referee, with talking to the players ("hands off", "don't push" etc) and blowing your whistle can prevent these things from happening.

PtldPlatypus and Trackjack like this.
  6. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

There should been whistle before that on curry and maybe Westbrook wouldn't done what he did but he properly would try do it to Curry instead of Barnes.