Around the NBA: Feb. 2017

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KeepOnRollin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

You mad?

If you had any logic, you might figure why I still hang around. Many people here say things out of anger for this team because they care about the team so much. Not gonna go through this again with somebody, I don't need to prove shit to you, use your head

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Not at all. I just don't suffer foolishness. Your post was foolish and didn't make you sound like a fan of the team.

3. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

He's also a single-team player. For me, that's a check box on the Greatness Checklist. You don't need to be a single-team player, but it's one of those things that puts guys like Larry, Magic, Duncan, Robinson - and even Kobe - ahead of guys like LBJ. It elevates Reggie Miller to a higher level than he'd be at had he changed teams. And it slightly diminishes, IMO of course, Karl Malone's career.

SIeepwalker likes this.
  4. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This. Lakers and Celtics were super teams well before Bron Bron.

Y'all hate on Lebron WAY to much in this forum but (save Woookie) would love to have him here.

5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Larry Bird would do shit like scored 20-plus points using just his left hand. There's not a player on the planet that did shit like that. Jordan included.

Nate and blue9 like this.
  6. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was Duncan instead of Kobe on the Lakers if more would acknowledge this.

7. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

I really miss the cerebral and fundamentally skilled basketball of decades past. Today's players whoop the old school dudes when it comes to athleticism and strength, but don't have the mental or fundamental part of the game that makes the game enjoyable to watch.

BBert and dviss1 like this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I'd say they shared that era.

9. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

eh, I say Kobe was carried by Shaq to three rings, and by Paul to two rings.
    Duncan > Kobe.

I would also like to add that I'm a Blazer fan who is completely neutral and unbiased towards the Lakers & Kobe.

blue9 likes this.
  10. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

Pure Talent....
    MJ > Kobe > Lebron >Duncan> Bird
    You could actually make the argument that Kobe had more pure talent than even MJ.

Brain doesn't get in the way....
    MJ>Bird>Duncan>>>>>>>Lebron>>>Kobe

11. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I do agree that Shaq was the reason for the 3 championships he and Kobe shared, but I do not think Pau really carried that Lakers team that won 2 championships. Kobe was the best player on that team. Of course, this team was one Perkins getting hurt away from winning only 1 ring.

No doubts in mind.

12. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Really glad the NBA is adopting the SJW movement. This league has gotten so soft, it's insane

13. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Terrible news about Jabari, dude was balling out this year. Hopefully he comes back strong, one of the promising young players.

14. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    If by Oscar Robertson, you mean Russell Freaking Westbrook!!

15. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

A full-length 'Uncle Drew' movie is in the works starring Cavs' Kyrie Irving

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbss...-in-the-works-starring-cavs-kyrie-irving/amp/

Cleveland Cavaliers star guard Kyrie Irving hinted at an "Uncle Drew" movie back in October, and now it's official: Pepsi is going to "fully fund development" for a feature-length feature about Irving's alter ego, per Variety:

Sources tell Variety that Temple Hill Entertainment has acquired the feature film rights to Irving's "Uncle Drew" Pepsi commercials. "Skiptrace" scribe Jay Longino is set to write the script and Irving is attached to reprise the role of Drew.

Temple Hill's Marty Bowen, Wyck Godfrey, and John Fischer will produce the film, described as a love letter to basketball. The original Pepsi Max advertisements showed Irving, in full make-up, playing a 70-plus-year-old man, Drew, who would show up to pick-up basketball games and school kids half his age, while also reminiscing about how the game used to be played.

Described as "Blues Brothers" in the pick-up basketball world, Longino's pitch shows Drew and his old squad on the legendary Rucker Park basketball court in Harlem. Years later Drew is talked into returning to the courts to compete in a tournament and goes on a road trip to round the old squad up to play.

Longino said he took inspiration from the commercials and began building a story that he hoped would make people excited, but also hopefully "inspire them to not let things like their age, or their size, or their past failures limit what they're capable of accomplishing."

Pepsi also was game for Longino and Temple Hill's idea for the movie, so much so that they are planning to fully fund development of the project while producers begin packaging the elements to take out to studios. As for Irving, winning another championship with Cavaliers is still his top priority. But Longino said has still taken the time to give his input on where he would like the character to go.

I liked the original commercial as much as anybody ... in 2012. Irving looked like a realistic old guy, and even though this seemed like a Johnny Knoxville rip-off, it worked. The reactions of the other streetball players seemed genuine, and it allowed the Cavs star to come off as "funny" without telling any real jokes.

My one gripe about it: It was too long. This could been a tight, three-minute video. Five minutes seemed a bit much. At no point did I think I wanted a 90-minute version, especially after Pepsi released several sequels to the first viral hit. I wonder if anybody really wanted a 90-minute version.

Anyway, this movie is being written, and Irving is apparently excited to star in it. For his sake, I hope it turns out better than that television show about the GEICO cavemen.

16. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I'll watch.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  17. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I'll wait for everyone here to bitch about how bad it is - they'll probably be right, but we'll see.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  18. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

I'm gonna post just one, on the off chance that someone hasn't seen them before. Pretty darn funny. The other parts are on YouTube.....

19. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Clyde sighting at 1:39.

BNM

Dougnsalem likes this.
  20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

MY EYES!!

Dougnsalem likes this.