Around the NBA: No Man's Land edition

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I've always liked SVG, but I think they got him just to curb flooding. (He'll have the players build a effing wall)

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  2. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  3. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

Bucks need to find a way to get CP3. He and giannis would be deadly

handiman likes this.
  4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

He and Giannis would be deadly together but how much would you have to strip the rest of the team to get CP3 and at that point does the team look more attractive to Giannis in order to get him to stay. I don't think that team after giving up what they would have to just to match CP3's salary would compete for a title next season and Giannis would be gone. Not to mention that they have absolutely no young talent on their roster outside of DiVicenzo to compliment what OKC is trying to do. A bunch of old guys, DiVicenzo, a late first this season and future firsts is not the best OKC can do for CP3.

I actually think Giannis is gone any way you slice it and the time to optimize his trade value is between now and the draft, not at the trade deadline or between the draft and the start of the season. More conversation happens around the draft so the best deal could be driven before and during the draft. The Bucks need to come to grips with this reality and do it fast or they will be the 2010-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers, only who knows how long it would take for them to regain relevance. The deer need to fear? I just wanted to have a catch phrase for their need to move Giannis, I don't know if it works.

5. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

The 2010-2014 Cavs won the lottery 3 times. If the Bucks did the same and made better picks, they’d turn things around quickly.

6. blazerkor

Both of those assertions, A. that they'd get as lucky as the Cavs did in the lottery and B. that they would pick better than Cleveland are very big ifs. I don't think Giannis will sign an extension and they can't risk him leaving for nothing. I don't know if I expect a Giannis trade but that would be the right move. I do know that it's crazy to trade a back to back reigning MVP and the third player in league history to win the MVP and DPOY in the same season but I just think the risk of him leaving is far too great.

7. KSF-ERIC

What do you think they can get for him?

8. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

9. blazerkor

That's such a good question. If they just want to blow it up then they would have to trade a lot more pieces than just him but if they want to actually get matching talent... there's not really a way of doing that. I do think the Warriors have the best package that would keep the Bucks somewhat competitive and get them a ton of valuable picks. Let's just say that the Warriors offer Draymond, the 2nd pick, next year's unprotected Minnesota 1st rounder, a further in the future first and the Warriors have a ton of second rounders too. I think that's a lot of value even for a guy like Giannis. I also think the Warriors would very likely win the championship with that roster and keep Giannis. I mean with all of those picks the Warriors might be able to just send Wiggins over instead of Draymond.

I've also talked about a team like us offering a ton of guys that all can play or have potential along with picks. We could trade CJ, Nurk, Zach, Ant, Nas, the 16th pick, 46th pick, our 2022 1st and our 2024 1st for Giannis, Bledsoe and BroLo. That gives them a star player in CJ, a guy who is already playing at a high level but still has upside in Nurk, a look at Zach who might have a huge year and is restricted, then their's potential with Ant and Nas, with a bunch of picks. Also this trade allows them to unload Bledsoe, which they've been rumored to want to do. It would be a huge gamble for us because if we didn't at least make it to the finals which will be hard in the West, Giannis would probably be gone. We would have a really good team though so it's very possible we could even win the chip with Dame, Gary, Ariza, Giannis, BroLo, Hoodie, Bledsoe, maybe Melo at the BAE, the MLE and Wenyen plus scrubs and maybe even some ring chasers at the min. The Bucks would have a rotation of Hill, CJ, Middleton, Zach, Nurk, DiVincenzo, MLE, Nas, Ant, maybe Wes and/or RoLo pick up their option and two first rounders or one first rounder if they move up by trading the 16th and 24th picks.

I imagine if I knew a lot of other team's rosters like I know ours there are many packages out there that would be a lot better than just risking letting Giannis walk. Like I said before, I just don't know if those same types of packages will be there at the trade deadline like they will be on draft night. Teams willing to trade for Giannis would have even less time with him to build a relationship that would get him to stay.

10. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

DAME!

11. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  12. KSF-ERIC

I believe he threw a chair right before we won 13 in a row in 2017-18,

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

like always zero rumors about the Blazers. Our team is really boring

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  14. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

As are your constant negative posts.

AldoTrapani, handiman and RR7 like this.
  15. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

I just wan't to see some roster changes and not bring the same 1st round exit ass roster back. I don't think that's too much to ask for

AldoTrapani and Buffalo Custard like this.
  16. blazerkor

Obviously I want the team to make moves. I think it's obvious that we can't contend with CJ next to Dame, especially when CJ is making as much money has he is. That being said, we do not have a "1st round exit ass roster". If Neil stays with this roster (meaning all of our guys under contract), drafts at 16 and 46, uses the BAE to keep Melo, Hoodie comes back as an effective piece and we add a piece or two with the MLE then we are a team that will make it past the first round of the playoffs. We'll likely get HCA. That isn't enough for me. I think CJ has value to certain teams that could translate into a better fit for our team. I think there are a lot of moves out there that can transform this team from a pretender to a contender. That being said, just because we're not hearing any rumors doesn't mean Neil isn't working on deals. The guy has never been one that pulls the trigger on rumored deals and he has made a lot of trades throughout his tenure. I doubt we'll see a transformative trade I think we need but Neil may do something.

17. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

You must be new. Every single person in here wants roster moves to make the team better.

blazerkor likes this.
  18. KSF-ERIC

Question: With the Warriors making the playoffs this season, which team doesn't make it? OKC would be the popular choice but with CP3 back, they would still be very good. And Phoenix,NO, and Memphis really want in. So who drops out? Houston? Utah? Crazy, right? This might be decided by injuries but if everyone stays healthy...

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  19. blazerkor

It will be very competitive.

20. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Remember Phoenix just went undefeated in the bubble. New Orleans is only going to get better. Golden State has Curry and Thompson back.
    The West is ridiculous.

THE HCP likes this.