Arsenal Sign Diarra From Chelsea

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by CelticKing, Aug 31, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<font size="3"><span class="titolo">Arsenal Sign Diarra From Chelsea</span></font></p>

<span class="sommario">Arsenal have signed French midfielder Lassana Diarra from Chelsea in a surprise switch in the final minutes before the transfer window closed.</span></p><p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">The 22-year-old has joined Chelsea's London rivals for an undisclosed fee despite the Blues suggesting they were not prepared to sell Diarra to the Gunners earlier in the summer.</p> <p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">Diarra, who can play in defence and midfield, has only been a fringe player at Stamford Bridge since arriving from Le Havre in 2005.</p> <p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">After completing his move, Diarra said: &ldquo;I have great respect for the manager Ars&egrave;ne Wenger and am attracted by the style of football that the team plays. Of course I am excited by what the future holds and keen to play my part in helping Arsenal fight for trophies this season and for years to come.&rdquo;</p> <p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">WhileWenger added: &ldquo;Lassana is a multi-functional player, making him a great addition to our squad. Not only is he hard working, he has a creative edge and is comfortable playing in the middle of the pitch or at right back.&rdquo;</p><p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">[​IMG]</p><p style="text-align: left" class="art-p"></p><p style="text-align: left" class="art-p">Good move by Arsenal. </p>

</p>

2. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Very good news indeed!, Thanks for posting

3. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

tbh im glad he's gone because it seems he with the right back thing sorted and the midfield the strongest part of our team he wont get a game and he would be wasting his time sitting on the bench.

4. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    He is a great player, can't wait to see him in action.