Artest is a MANIAC

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by groupiezsuck, Nov 19, 2004.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Its not fair to blame this all on Ron Artest who tried to avoid a situtaion on the court.Ron Artest was calm minding his business, doing the right thing until a fan decided ot mess with him.Artest did the same thing most people would do, he was self defending himself.

Being professional and being paid millions has nothing to do with it, Artest was professional until he felt that he was being attacked and thats when he decided to defend himself.Its not like he doesnt have a fault in thishuge mess but what he did was self defense!

2. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">Its not fair to blame this all on Ron Artest who tried to avoid a situtaion on the court.Ron Artest was calm minding his business, doing the right thing until a fan decided ot mess with him.Artest did the same thing most people would do, he was self defending himself.

Being professional and being paid millions has nothing to do with it, Artest was professional until he felt that he was being attacked and thats when he decided to defend himself.Its not like he doesnt have a fault in thishuge mess but what he did was self defense!</div>

Hurling yourself into a crowd of rowdy fans and inciting a riot is self defense? Wow, the grass must be blue and the sky must be green in your world.

3. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

OK, so your saying that when someone throws something on you your going to politely ask them to not do it again.He defended himself by going after a person who challenged his safety.

4. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">OK, so your saying that when someone throws something on you your going to politely ask them to not do it again.He defended himself by going after a person who challenged his safety.</div>

That's a bunch of crap. You're telling me that a plastic cup threatened his saftey more than him plunging himself into a crowd of rowdy fans?

Obviously what he should have done was pointed out the jerk who threw the beverage to security make sure that guy gets jail time. Provoking even more fans to attack him isn't "self-defense," it's ego-induced idiocy.

5. KobeBryantUnleashed

KobeBryantUnleashed JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting groupiezsuck:</div><div class="quote_post">What kind of IDIOT goes into the stands and starts hitting fans that didnt do anything?!

Go back and watch the video, -- ARTEST AND JACKSON WERE PUNCHING FANS THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CUP THROWING. (Yea, go watch the video before you make some <font color="Blue">******</font> comment.. the guy Artest attacked was not the guy who threw the cup)

I agree <font size="3">100000000000000000%</font> that the guy who threw the cup should have been arrested, but to go into the stands and hit people that were innocent is <font color="Blue">*******</font> rediculous!

Artest and the Pacers DESERVED to be punched by the fans who were DEFENDING the innocent guys getting pummeled.

I do not agree with fans throwing things at players, but Ron Artest should have never went into the stands like that. Yea, I know you are going to say "self defense" - BUT HOW IS IT SELF DEFENSE WHEN YOU ARE BEATING UP A GUY THAT DIDNT DO IT!? The guys on ESPN are clueless right now.

I hope the fan that started it all is arrested, and charged with assault. But I also think Jackson and Artest should be arrested for assaulting fans that had nothing to do with the incident.

<font color="Blue"><font size="1">Watch the language - VC</font></font></div>

WOW....i guess you cant see. Artest has a big anger problem and when ben hit him he backed up and laid on the bench thing and wasnt saying anything at all. Then that fan threw a cup and hit him in his face. That is assualt just like the cop said on TV. So he had all his rights to go into the stand and beat his a$$. Most of the fanz at the game last night have no class for hitting/throwing stuff at them. It was very uncalled for. And im glade the fanz got there a$$ beat. GO PACERS!

6. KobeBryantUnleashed

KobeBryantUnleashed JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">Its not fair to blame this all on Ron Artest who tried to avoid a situtaion on the court.Ron Artest was calm minding his business, doing the right thing until a fan decided ot mess with him.Artest did the same thing most people would do, he was self defending himself.

Being professional and being paid millions has nothing to do with it, Artest was professional until he felt that he was being attacked and thats when he decided to defend himself.Its not like he doesnt have a fault in thishuge mess but what he did was self defense!</div>

I agree wit you 100%.

7. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

VIDEO: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6534820/

^I have posted that everywhere, sorry if its considered spam :P . Everyone should be punished. In Euro soccer, whenever theres a brawl with ANY number of fans involved, the team gets fined. Same thing should happen here. Throw out a few 10 game bans, end of story. I just can't wait till this game goes to Indy..

[​IMG]

8. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magnomonkey:</div><div class="quote_post">VIDEO: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6534820/

^I have posted that everywhere, sorry if its considered spam :P . Everyone should be punished. In Euro soccer, whenever theres a brawl with ANY number of fans involved, the team gets fined. Same thing should happen here. Throw out a few 10 game bans, end of story. I just can't wait till this game goes to Indy..

[​IMG]</div>

There's a lot of sports writers saying that certain player's should be suspended for the season or even kicked out of the league. This could be a real tragedy for the Pacer's franchise. I hope the NBA comes to a balanced decision that takes into account all the various participant's perspective. This was a situation that most of these athletes have never been thrust into, emotions ran very high, and anyone in that situation could do some very crazy things.

9. jahhluv

jahhluv JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Facts are:

Hard foul by Artest, but not flagrant.

Wallace over-reacted, and shouldn't have shoved Artest in the first place.

Artest should've just went to the locker room, instead of laying down on the table...and Ben should've done the same, in the other direction.

The Detroit fans should've stayed in their seats, to wait until the fight is broken up...not making it worse.

Stephen Jackson and Artest should NOT have jumped out into the crowd.</div>
    Why would Artest go to the locker room game wasnt over and he wasnt the fool getting ejected for being a child they didnt cal the game till after the fight in the stands started.

10. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jahhluv:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would Artest go to the locker room game wasnt over and he wasnt the fool getting ejected for being a child they didnt cal the game till after the fight in the stands started.</div>
    In other words, if not the locker room, to the bench...instead of laying on the table. I'm not blaming it on just Artest...everyone was at fault, and that's all there is to it.

11. jahhluv

jahhluv JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">In other words, if not the locker room, to the bench...instead of laying on the table. I'm not blaming it on just Artest...everyone was at fault, and that's all there is to it.</div>
    Where in the rules does it say you cant lay on the scorers table the refs didnt T him up for it, he was there a couple of minutes before the inbred in the stands chucked the beer.There is blame for everyone but the fans are at fault more than anyone else in this.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jahhluv:</div><div class="quote_post">Where in the rules does it say you cant lay on the scorers table the refs didnt T him up for it, he was there a couple of minutes before the inbred in the stands chucked the beer.There is blame for everyone but the fans are at fault more than anyone else in this.</div>

It's called common sense, Artest laying down on the scorers table was baiting the crowd in it'self. Reggie Miller tried his best to get him off but Artest just wouldn't have It. So instead of missing 0 games he will likely miss most of the season.

13. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jahhluv:</div><div class="quote_post">Where in the rules does it say you cant lay on the scorers table the refs didnt T him up for it, he was there a couple of minutes before the inbred in the stands chucked the beer.There is blame for everyone but the fans are at fault more than anyone else in this.</div>
    When have you ever seen a guy lay on the scorer's table? With no fighting, he would've gotten a technical...and the fans took it as taunting, not only for laying there, but for the "casual" look he was laying there with.

Have you ever been to a concert, where fans get ignorant and throw garbage onto the stage? The band leaves...they don't jump out into the crowd and start busting jaws.

A plastic cup isn't worth a suspension of 20 games or more, a few lawsuits, a ruined reputation that couldn't get any worse, and fines for being out those games.

14. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

It seems like everyone is keen on saying "any other NBA player would react the same way," but that doesn't make it right. That just means every other player would have made the same mistake. I'm not trying to say it was all Artest's fault either cause I would probably react the same way and make the same mistake as he did. Things being thrown at players is nothing new to sports, and you need to control yourself.

The people on ESPN also said that the Piston fans who came onto the court deserved what they got because they didn't belong there, but Artest didn't belong in the stands so that works both ways. Jermaine O'Neal's sliding punch on that 2nd guy who came on the court was the most redicuous of all, that was the friend of the other guy and it seemed like all he was doing was trying to hold people back. Whether everyone else admits it or not this was a fun thing to watch, but you can expect very heavy suspentions for multiple Pacer players, probably for a very long time.

15. Ancientmtk

Ancientmtk JBB JustBBall Member

The bastard was baiting for it. He knows he got ben and now he's playing with the fans. He deserves it. I want artest to be suspended forever.

16. dimch

dimch JBB JustBBall Member

If that one fan hadn't of thrown the beer at Artest, all this would've been a minor scuffle, so yeah, he should probably have the largest portion of blame. He thought he was God, he would be protected by standing in his seats, and he could throw anything at the players. You have got to be nuts to throw something at RON ARTEST!

I don't blame Ron Artest for what he did. 99% of us would've done the same thing. Hell, John Stockton probably would've done the same thing. With hindsight, there were obviously more sensible options Artest could've taken, like politely pointing the fan out. But people who say that's what Artest should've done don't take into account the mental state that Artest was in. If Artest was playing with his daughter at the swings and someone threw beer at him, he would've just gone up and verbally assaulted them. But this is in the middle of an NBA game, immediately after an altercation. Who would have the self control to remain calm when beer is thrown at you?

I commend Artest for what he did after Ben Wallace went after him.

17. OrlandoMagicFan

OrlandoMagicFan JBB JustBBall Member

well said dimch

18. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

Artest in my eyes from all the players and fans involved was the one that handled it the best and used common sense. Ben Wallace should have the longest suspension, you cant shove someone especiall for mthe neck just because they fouled you what a girl take the contact its Basketball.

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">``People are putting all the burden on Artest, and I don't think that's fair,'' Houston coach Jeff Van Gundy said. ``He's an easy target because of all the things he's been through. But some fans have gotten to a point where they think they can do or say anything.'' </div>

20. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Alright, I have been dying to post my opinion on this...Artest deserves no heat for this what so ever..any NBA player would of reacted the same way, Artest was the bigger man by walking away from Ben Wallace...he was heated and the fan pushed him over the edge..Tim Duncan would of gone in the crowd, Kevin Garnett would of gone in the crow, LeBron, Kobe, Shaq...they all would of. Everyone has a snapping limit and Artest was pushed..The Detroit fans showed no respect for anything. They disgraced teh Pistons franchise and teh city of Detroit (not much to be proud about). The foul wasnt even hard, Wallace was just frustrated and it built up, I understand that. But the fans set the whole thing off.