Artest is a MANIAC

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by groupiezsuck, Nov 19, 2004.

1. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">When have you ever seen a guy lay on the scorer's table? </div>
    Charles Barkley has laid down on the scorers table. Players sit on the table too. It in no way was baiting. He did what he did so there would be no reason for Stern to suspend him since Stern has it out for Artest anyway.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Ron Artest was baiting I will say taht. You dont go lay on the announcers table with a grin on your face AND grab headsets and start talking over the radio...that is baiting..

3. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

He was smiling and talking on the radio? That changes a lot about my opioion on Artest's role in this brawl.

4. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

Amen to the quote OG15 has, but was Artest ever really smiling? look @ his chest, he was cooling down and was talking to the radio, he would still be angry.

5. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllBoutDaPacers:</div><div class="quote_post">Charles Barkley has laid down on the scorers table. Players sit on the table too. It in no way was baiting. He did what he did so there would be no reason for Stern to suspend him since Stern has it out for Artest anyway.</div>
    Charles Barkley also spit on a fan in the crowd once.

6. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">When have you ever seen a guy lay on the scorer's table?</div>

I remember one time #8 jumped on the scorer's table and pumped his fist. I guess he was taunting the fans in his team's home city.

7. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">I remember one time #8 jumped on the scorer's table and pumped his fist. I guess he was taunting the fans in his team's home city.</div>
    After a championship...and Jordan did the same exact thing.

8. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Charles Barkley also spit on a fan in the crowd once.</div>

After being provoked right? Kinda like what happened to Ron Artest.

And yes, I realize that he missed the guy he was aiming for and hit a little girl. So there's no need to explain that part to me.

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

I think Artest was trying to calm down, that's why he went to lie down on the table, he obviously had a lot of angre in him, from the shove, and then from the towel throw, but was trying to calm himself, and the fan added to the fire.

10. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MagicFan3:</div><div class="quote_post">He was smiling and talking on the radio? That changes a lot about my opioion on Artest's role in this brawl.</div>

I think he had a grin on his face, im not quite sure..check on that..but I know for a fact he took the radio broadcasters headset and starter talking over the radio to the people listening to the game...but I dont have a problem with that, he was involving himself in something else...trying to avoid a confrontation with Wallace.

11. ludacris06

ludacris06 JBB JustBBall Member

Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal are idoits who want street cred.

The Pistons fans just wanted money.

Who had the advantage?

12. ludacris06

ludacris06 JBB JustBBall Member

Artest reminds me alot of Dennis Rodman BTW.

13. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ludacris06:</div><div class="quote_post">Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal are idoits who want street cred.

The Pistons fans just wanted money.

Who had the advantage?</div>

Stupidest thing said about this fight..PERIOD! The Piston fans were out of line, let the players handle their problems themselves, the fans have NO RIGHT WHAT SO EVER getting involved.

Jermaine O'neal does not want street credit, Stephen Jackson does not want street credit, Ron Artest..well he might..

They were looking out for one another, Artest was the bigger man until he went into the crowd, but anyone would of...His blood was boiling when he was pushed by Wallace...but he was the bigger man and shoved it aside. The fan just hit the button that made him lose it, everyone has one. Its not that hard to grasp. Stephen Jackson and Jermaine have every right to defend their teammate...you think the fans are going to let Artest walk into the crowd without touching him? No...they had his back, nothing wrong with that..it just shows unity in a way...The fans who threw stuff and got hit got what they deserved because (a) it wasnt their fight to start with and (b)they put small children, women, and others at harm who were tryin to stear clear of it...

14. InVincible15

InVincible15 JBB JustBBall Member

I dont blame ron artest at all, the man has anger managment problems and yet he took the insitgation from big ben and i woudnt blame him one bit for goin off on the corwd like that.

15. PistonsFan32

PistonsFan32 JBB JustBBall Member

The way I see it, you can't blame the Pistons or the fans. I blame the Pacers and Artest. No matter what, you should never attack an innocent fan!

16. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PistonsFan32:</div><div class="quote_post">The way I see it, you can't blame the Pistons or the fans. I blame the Pacers and Artest. No matter what, you should never attack an innocent fan!</div>

He wasn't making it known that he had nothing to do with it. Ben Wallace didn't do <u>anything</u> wrong. The fans didn't do anything wrong. People like you are gooberish marks who seem to think that God himself only loves your team and every other player are demons. Grow Up.

17. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PistonsFan32:</div><div class="quote_post">The way I see it, you can't blame the Pistons or the fans. I blame the Pacers and Artest. No matter what, you should never attack an innocent fan!</div>

The blame is for many to share... not only Ron Artest, the Pacers, but also the Pistons, Ben Wallace, their fans, and the Pistons organisation. True, Artest hit a wrong target but he wasn't really innocent either as he kept on jeering at Artest, who was clearly coming towards him. What a way to kill the brewing tension. That glasses loudmouth was lucky Artest didn't have a chance to connect any of his punches. And that coward in white cap put his hands in the pocket and took two cheap shots at Artest's temple when he wasn't looking... and he too was lucky that Artest didn't land a punch in his face because he was being restrained by other fans, who were actually more helpful in restoring order than the organisation's security guards.

18. dimch

dimch JBB JustBBall Member

After watching it a gizillion times, I've realised that Artest didn't hit the guy he went after. He only pushed his face down against the seat, and everyone came to get him off. That's when the guy who threw the beer hit Artest in the back of the head.

19. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

It is easy to take sides and defend your own teams, but in this case everyone that was involved in it are at fault. More to that guy with the white hat because obviously he didn't know what he was doing. It is stated clearly in the rules in the arena, any arena that Fans AND Players belong on their end of the court and the guy broke that rule by throwing what was his <u>belonging (the beer cup)</u> on the court with intention to harm the opposing team's player. This is why I think NBA should impose a rule that prohibits fans from bringing alcohol beverages to the stands. If you want to drink, drink at the bar that every NBA stadium has, don't come down to the stands smelling like a drunk and acting like one because the actions you take when you are under the influence can, believe it or not, put a large number of bystanders at danger. Come on now, we're not the Britons or those crazy European soccer fans who get people killed over a sport, so let's not act like one. Artest will serve his suspensions, so will Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson and Ben Wallace, and that fan who threw the beer cup should be banned from any Pistons games at the Palace. He will be lucky if he's not charged with aggrevated assault in a public place with intention to harm others.

20. Lebron James#23

Lebron James#23 JBB JustBBall Member

WEre ther any other Pistonswho were envolved in the fight beside the Great Wallace.