AV has to go if they are in rebuild

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR2009, Feb 1, 2018.

1. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Are they planning to rebuild with AV?

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Leave him there so we get a top 5 pick, gorton should make whatever trades for the teams future without av's input and that gum chewing asshole should be fired a minute after the season ends.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

One cannot blame injuries for the Rangers' erratic play. During this negative streak, they have lost 8 of 12.
    Their defense is one of the worst in the league. Team has a slew of young forwards still learning the game.
    Team is in the process of rebuilding. My personal opinion is that AV is not the right head coach considering
    the circumstances. He seems more in tune with experienced players. As for Gorton, their GM, before Sather
    assigned him to the role, he had no hockey background. Strange. The only NHL GM without any hockey
    background. The team needs hockey people!

4. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Gorton sucks as GM. They should fire him as well.

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Other than the Stepan deal I have not been impressed with Gorton. He's been pretty incompetent making deals. I watch other teams get better returns in deals by trading worse players. That shows me that he's not smart and not respected as a GM around the league.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters who Gorton trades for until AV's gone. AV has compiled an impressive coaching record with a great Canucks and Rangers roster but he just can't get that Cup. It's been a steady decline each year since he came so close after taking over Tort's team midseason. Bettman delivered on his promise years ago to get fighting out of hockey so there's no need for a goon to occupy a roster spot but you still need guys that can take the body effectively like CK. AV's like the guy in slapshot that wants to play old time hockey while his players get pummeled. The soft approach doesn't work post season.

As far as Gorton goes he inherited an incredible mess from Glen, in hindsight maybe he should have given Staal the heave ho and kept Girardi but Staal's gone next year so anyway. I liked the Stepan trade and really like Gorton's picks. 55 points with 31 games left, figure they have to win 20-21 games for a playoff shot, Nashville, Dallas, Boston, Calgary, Winnipeg next 5.

7. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

This team fuckin sucks. Pussy team and it starts with that soft coach and captain. They got trashed again and Lundqvist gave up two back breakers

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I liked both the stepan and brassard deals. Gorton needs a year or so to get past the bad sather contracts. A must for the future is a coach that is not made of wet toilet paper. Team needs to trade for big, mobile nasty forwards and defenseman speaking of which why the fuck is graves not up here yet??? My pick for future coach is sheldon keefe. Cant wait for yankee season to start with the play of my giants, rangers and I try not to mention the lost in space knicks has beed this year.

9. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

8^^^^^Getting Arizona’s #1 draft pick in the Stepan trade was appropriate, but
    to accept DeAngelo as a regular D has to be one horrific blunder! This guy is too short with
    no defensive skills. Ranger management and head coach has not a clue as to what constitutes
    a dependable D. The major changes look to be on the management side.And oh yes, Sather needs
    to go find a rocker and doze in Alberta, Canada!

Lillie likes this.
  10. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to write off DA yet, but in the offseason he needs to really up the work on his all-around game. Maybe a new staff can help with these young dmen. I think both Pionk and Gilmour have bottom pair regular upside, though Graves seems to losing ground in the org for some reason. Who knows what happens with Bereglazov.

11. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Speaking of coaching, when AV goes as soon as the season ends as expected, I can't help but think we need to get some sort of combo with Messier, Graves, Leetch back in the mix here. Watching the pre-game ceremony and seeing those guys out there it really makes think we should get these guys involved.

I know Mess was in it at the end when we hired AV instead. I know Graves is in the organization. Leetch has been a coach during pre-season from time to time. And I'm not even saying definitely hire one of those guys, most likely Mess, as head coach, but I would love to see them involved more and I think it would benefit the team. And maybe Mess as head coach would be a good move with one of those guys as an assistant.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing.

12. Ranger71

For some reason i don't get a 100% feeling Vig will be gone. Likely but i could see them giving him a pass and one more go.

13. RangersFan

I really cannot see it at all. It is so clear the guy has to go. It is so clear he is not a coach for a younger team. And it is so clear his no D style is really hurting the team now. I actually believe the talent level here was much better than the results this year prior to February. This team woefully underperformed all year. And AV cost us the series against the Sens I believe. Gorton sees it also. Dude is good as gone.

Plus AV has made some comments the past week or two that I thought were interesting and almost sounded like a guy who knows he is on his last legs here and has nothing to lose.

14. Ranger71

Yeah it definately has that feel to it at this point. I was thinking that since this is his first playoff miss maybe but it's time for a change with the reshaping.

15. RangersFan

If we didn't collapse against the Sens last year, which is really where this mess all started, I think Gorton may feel differently. But when you look at that series and how we lost a series we never should have lost by collapsing late in game after game. And then go into this season where it has been a disaster and an utter underperformance by the team and virtually every player, Gorton has to make the move. The kicker is coaching a younger team is not AV's forte anyway.

16. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

It would also be nice to see Andersson & Chytil get called up for the rest of this meaningless season when there's no pressure.

17. RangersFan

They should come up in the last 7-9 games so they don't burn a year off their ELC's. I cannot argue with that strategy. I think it is the smart play. Why waste a year for a team that is going nowhere.