Barkley's Opinion

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Mr. J, Oct 23, 2004.

1. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting holyace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">i hope that comment about the big mouthed punk, you ain't talkin about chris webber, webber is a team player and he helped build the kings franchise. i like peja AND webber. the kings do have enough room for peja and webber, how did the lakers win with shaq and kobe (MUCH bigger egos). you just have to set your differences off the court aside and play. i think webber and peja will be able to do that this season. </div>
    but he <font size="3">is</font> a big mouthed punk.....lol
    whether you like Webber or not, you have to admit that he does not know when to NOT say anything. Yes, they can play together, and I think the talk about the rift between the two of them has been blown way out of proportion.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting holyace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">about the last comment, who's only concern is to get the ball at the end to look like the hero, are you kidding me? webber was thrown the ball so he took his best shot attempt against the wolves. everyone else was covered. webber did shoot a 3 against the lakers awhile back that helped the kings beat them in a big playoff game. webber does not choke, he's hit the big shots before, he is a hero. with one season he lost so much respect from sacramento. at the end, he's going to be back on top of the world, and all you guys who dissed him will be back praising him..</div>uh..... I have no idea how you got to there from what SacKing said.....
    the only people that jumped on webber EVER for taking that shot are people that dont know the game. His stock went WAYYY up in my eyes for taking that shot that I have seen him do everything he could to NOT take previously... yeah he didnt make it, but then again, there was only time for one shot & he was open for it even though its so not a high percentage shot for him.

2. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

For the Record,I Never Said Webber choked or anything.what i will say is that when healthy,Webber is good,really good,but it's his damn mouth that is his downfall.

When he made that game winning shot,believe me i was happy as a Kings fan.he did great,and he should be commened for that.i think Webber's a great player,i don't know about respecting him as a person,but if he can help the Kings win games,i'm all for it.so don't get me wrong,it's just his mouth that ruins the fan's apreciation for Webber.

I Honestly would love the to see Peja and Webber co-exhist way after this season.i don't think it will happen,and i'd love to be proven wrong on that factor,but i was just simply given an honest opinion here.and i hope i'm proven wrong here.

3. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

lol, i guess i got a little emotional and maybe read a little too much into it. but you kinda said webber isn't a team player. i think he is. i love cwebb, he's not my favorite kings though, that belongs to bibby. hopefully the kings can work through all this turmoil and win it all. a lot of people have counted the kings out already..

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">no, but apperently you will believe anything thats printed in a newspaper even when there is no real proof of it.</div>

Ok, well don't blame me if he pursues free agency in 2006. And honestly, I've been hearing the Lakers would probably look at him with some pieces to build around Kobe.

5. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting holyace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">lol, i guess i got a little emotional and maybe read a little too much into it. but you kinda said webber isn't a team player. i think he is. i love cwebb, he's not my favorite kings though, that belongs to bibby. hopefully the kings can work through all this turmoil and win it all. a lot of people have counted the kings out already..</div>

It's alright holyace.i never said Webber was awful,just his attitude.i said that Webber's not a team player because he has a tendacy to whine about not getting the ball his way,and he has said in the past he is the entire Kings team.to me a real team player doesn't say anything like that.

I Have never counted out the Kings or ever will.i'm a loyal Kings fan,so to hear people say were going to suck this year is irratating at least.

My fav Kings players are Brad Miller,Mike Bibby & Peja.so we agree on something there [​IMG]

But overall,i'd like to see harmony in the Organzation with Peja and Webber to play beyond this season,but somehow for some reason,i just don't see that happening.

6. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok, well don't blame me if he pursues free agency in 2006. And honestly, I've been hearing the Lakers would probably look at him with some pieces to build around Kobe.</div>
    you are the first person i am going to blame for everything [​IMG]

j/k heh...

7. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers fans are easily the most naive in the league.You here all kinds of nonsense being said. In a league with a salary cap, all the talk of acquiring all these players is ridiculous.I once heard a knowledgable basketball player and fan say ,"we're going to have kevin garnett next year, he'll be wearing a laker jersey".I know im ranting, but LA acquiring webber in 06? my goodness. Now onto the webber/chemistry/locker room beef discussion.Can someone please point out something that webber said that he shouldnt have other than the comment about certain people not stepping up in the playoffs? Haha, i dont understand all the hate towards the kings from the media and fans.

8. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

barkley won me over with his grace on tv, i was a little undecided until he gave a passionate speech, lol, the kings should pull the trigger peja for artest like i said before, but now i'm 100% sure they should do it. whoever thought of this idea was brilliant..like sir charles said miller, webber, artest, best frontcourt easily. he said he would put the kings right behind the spurs. i would actually put the kings above the spurs with artest, but it all depends on the chemistry and how fast they can adapt to play with each other. hopefully artest won't bark that he's the best player on the kings..that's c-webb..

artest in a kings uniform, the kings would be scary, very..

9. harbingerofdoom

Im sure everyone by this time has read the issues that the Pacers have been dealing with as far as Artest goes. After finding out how he has been acting, I dont want him.

I would rather take the money and time to be smart and find something... heck ANYTHING rather than having that kind of player in Sac.

Is Artest a good player? there is no doubt of that... but I really believe that Artest would not fit in well on this team.

Maybe this is why the Kings were never more than luke-warm to the idea of this trade...

10. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Wonder what Barkley would say about the Peja-Artest trade now after he mentioned last night Artest has physcological issues to deal with. Quite a flip-flop.

If the trade had went through in the summer, its funny to imagine Artest with the Maloofs to promote his rap album!!

11. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

i love artest's tenacity but that same chracter works to his deteriment when he takes some horrendous, straying from the playbook shots. and the kings never take a bad shot, maybe thats an exaggeration but they never take bad shots.

12. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dallasdude:</div><div class="quote_post">Wonder what Barkley would say about the Peja-Artest trade now after he mentioned last night Artest has physcological issues to deal with. Quite a flip-flop.

If the trade had went through in the summer, its funny to imagine Artest with the Maloofs to promote his rap album!!</div>

Barkley still said yesterday, that Peja had to be traded out of Sac-town, he said its obvious he doesnt want to be a king anymore. So I dont think that he has flip-flopped on the notion that Peja isnt good for the Kings, anymore. Me personally, I cant really say if I agree or not havent really paid much attention to the Kings this year. But if I was Sac-town, I would go two for one if I trade Peja. Get two really good players for peja instead of one great player, so the Kings can have some much needed depth, they dont really have anymore.

13. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Barkley still said yesterday, that Peja had to be traded out of Sac-town, he said its obvious he doesnt want to be a king anymore. So I dont think that he has flip-flopped on the notion that Peja isnt good for the Kings, anymore. Me personally, I cant really say if I agree or not havent really paid much attention to the Kings this year. But if I was Sac-town, I would go two for one if I trade Peja. Get two really good players for peja instead of one great player, so the Kings can have some much needed depth, they dont really have anymore.</div>
    agreed.
    add to that the mental stability of Artest wasnt a known issue back then when all the trade rumors were flying around also....

I dont think I would trade him... but then again..im not petrie so its easy for me to say that.

14. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Artest for Peja? What has Artest ever won? At least Peja won a Gold Medal in a tournament with an NBA All-Star team in the field. Peja is the best shooter in the game, a guy who scored 25ppg for a title contender, not a lower division team where there were no other options. Peja is a force and a team player who gives it his all all the time. Webber? Well we know he has great hands and can do some amazing things but the question with him is not what but WHEN. Unfortunately, his legacy is not coming up big at the right time. There is nothing weaker than calling out your teammates in the media after you lose. He always says he wants to be a man yet he does the wimpiest thing, criticizing someone, a teammate, without going face to face.

Watch Peja, his subtle feints to get open off the ball. Its beautiful. Watch Webber, um, shoot 20 foot jumpers from the elbow. Great use of a 6'10" 260 lb body. He must have Ralph Sampson posters on his wall. Knee or no knee, he does not make his teammates better.

Peja to Indy? You are doing him and Indy a huge favor.

15. MR_SAC_KING

If Peja doesn't want to play for the Kings,by all means trade him.If a player doesn't have his heart in it,than that can cause dissention on the team.right now we don't need distractions.

But it's up to Petrie and the Maloofs if they want to go down this road.i'd love to see Peja stick around in Sac-Town,but it appears that this isn't likely.so no matter what happens,i wish for the best for everybody involved.

16. ksc6000

ksc6000 JBB JustBBall Member

That really pisses me off. If you don't want to be in a team, and have voiced your opinion publically, fine, but you're still being paid, and you should still play like you want to win the championship. Peja should grow up and be a professional. He should look up to VINCE even, who's playing like he means it, even though he's made it clear he wants a change. And he's said what he needed to say, so he's not saying anymore to the media. That's a professional.

17. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Does Sir Charles still think we should trade Peja for Artest?

18. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Not sure where everyone gets the idea that peja doesnt have his heart in it.I think people speculate about it so much that it spins around and around and it becomes something its not. [​IMG] The same way the media hyped up all the stuff about the team not getting along anymore.

19. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">Lakers fans are easily the most naive in the league.You here all kinds of nonsense being said. In a league with a salary cap, all the talk of acquiring all these players is ridiculous.I once heard a knowledgable basketball player and fan say ,"we're going to have kevin garnett next year, he'll be wearing a laker jersey".I know im ranting, but LA acquiring webber in 06? my goodness. Now onto the webber/chemistry/locker room beef discussion.Can someone please point out something that webber said that he shouldnt have other than the comment about certain people not stepping up in the playoffs? Haha, i dont understand all the hate towards the kings from the media and fans.</div>

Watch what you say about laker fans, not all of us are the same. I could say a thing or two about Kings fans, but I will refrain from it.
    [​IMG]

20. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting trenchteam:</div><div class="quote_post">I could say a thing or two about Kings fans, but I will refrain from it.
    [​IMG]</div>
    that would be advisable.

anyway...

I am soooooooooooo happy that the kings did not pursue this trade... that would have wound up being the WORST trade ever. (and the kings have made some pretty bad moves in the past).

I feel so smart & smug saying weeks before this lastest incident that I didnt want artest on this team.... heh [​IMG]