Baseball fans

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Rudeezy, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">People are just jealous at Bond's success.</div>I'm not jealous at all. I just don't see the point of cheering for a guy that doesn't give a shit about his fans. I like to cheer for athletes that are complete players/people, Bonds doesn't fit that criteria.

2. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Did you root for Spree? Webber? Kobe? Those guys never cared about the fans.

3. Rudeezy

Hell no. Never rooted for any of them.

Actually I rooted for Webber before I found out what a cry baby he was.

4. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

what are you even talking about rudeezy...barry bonds always talks about the fans and how great they are. you don't even pay attention...you're buying into the media image of bonds. i went to the same high school that bonds went to and when i was there he came back 3 times...i met him twice and he was very very nice. and it's dumb to simply accuse him of steroids just because you don't like the guy. when you pump iron for 19 years you're going to get big.

as far as baseball teams, i'm a fan of both the giants and the as. i knew dye would come back to glory this year.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Barry Bonds is the man, nuff said. He's got great bat speed, he reads pitches easily, he's clutch and he's worked really hard to improve his body every single year. I don't know if he took steroids, but I think it's really easy for people and the media to accuse him because of his massive muscles and the fact he's breaking old records left and right. I mean look at how the media treats Michael Jackson. Yeah the guy is a bit of a weirdo and he's lacked a proper childhood, so he lives vicariously through kids he invites over, but isn't it really easy to attack him? We're talking about regardless of whether we know if Barry took steroids or Jackson molested kids. How about Arnold Schwarznegger and steroids instead? I mean this whole media image thing plays a big part of how people perceive someone they don't know.

6. Rudeezy

Phenity, who said I think he is on steriods because I dont' like him? You think Im crazy for thinking that, so you probably think all these "experts" on tv are crazy too? Get your head out of his ass, he don't give a damn about you.[​IMG]

7. Custodianrules2

What exactly makes an expert these days? [​IMG]

8. thePHentity

what "experts" have said he's on steroids?

9. Rudeezy

I was being sarcastic, thats why I put it in parenthesis.

10. Custodianrules2

So if they are not experts who cares if they think Bonds is on steroids. They got nothing to go on. All they have is testimony that Bonds was offered Steroids. It doesn't mean he accepted and took them. He has denied taking them and was willing to go through drug testing to prove it but the players union will probably withold all testing. For a guy who supposedly took steroids, he sure managed to avoid the dangerous side effects.

11. thePHentity

12. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Well, my friend said he just saw on Sportscenter that a medical doctor has been charged for giving steroids to about 30 athletes including Barry Bonds, and track star Marion Jones.

13. Custodianrules2

Has he been convicted?

Has Kobe been convicted?

No.

14. Rudeezy

It is very supicious. Bonds trainer went to jail for possesion and distribution of steriods. They had a special about it on Outside The Lines.